What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If CU has any pride...

So when will RG meet with MM to discuss staff changes, after his current staff further damages recruiting or within the next week?

So when will RG meet with MM to discuss staff changes, after his current staff further damages recruiting or within the next week?
Hopefully they're sitting down today before RG makes his way over to watch the BBall team. I doubt it, wishful thinking on my part of course.

In the words of pre stroke Corso "not so fast my friend"

I’m not 100% certain i believe MM deserves to be fired. I could see why he would, i could see why he wouldn’t. But most of all I’m
not entertaining the idea because his extension and buyout. He’s got at least 1 1/2 more years before it’s considered. If he fails next year too, the seat is scorching and he’s gone midway 2019 if they aren’t playing exceptional.

Hopefully today. This was the main reason i made this thread because i was wondering what staff changes many thought were inevitable.

MM, Chev and the idiot DC (because contract, which sucks) are all safe. I have to believe if we have pride everyone else is under intense scrutiny and their jobs are on the line.

I’m not 100% certain i believe MM deserves to be fired. I could see why he would, i could see why he wouldn’t. But most of all I’m
not entertaining the idea because his extension and buyout. He’s got at least 1 1/2 more years before it’s considered. If he fails next year too, the seat is scorching and he’s gone midway 2019 if they aren’t playing exceptional.

Hopefully today. This was the main reason i made this thread because i was wondering what staff changes many thought were inevitable.

MM, Chev and the idiot DC (because contract, which sucks) are all safe. I have to believe if we have pride everyone else is under intense scrutiny and their jobs are on the line.
I don't think he's going to be fired either. The payout to CU is too much for the AD to bare. But I think if given the opportunity he's leaving for a different job. Very noticeable difference in his coaching and overall demeanor this season. He's bitter from the ridiculous offseason and it spilled over onto the team and the results on the field. Players are very aware of attitudes/feelings from coaches and the team takes on that persona.

Email RG and at least let him know your thoughts and how disappointed you are at how the team looked and the results this season. Especially if you have season tickets.

I don't think he's going to be fired either. The payout to CU is too much for the AD to bare. But I think if given the opportunity he's leaving for a different job. Very noticeable difference in his coaching and overall demeanor this season. He's bitter from the ridiculous offseason and it spilled over onto the team and the results on the field. Players are very aware of attitudes/feelings from coaches and the team takes on that persona.

This argument is hilarious. He's bitter? We could have axed him for cause over the way Tumpkin was handled.....and he got a slap on the wrist.

RG needs to review the program goals with MM. Not meeting those is what will eventually lead to his departure.

Guys we need a complete overhaul but save Chev and Hagan imo. Everyone else can go.. i understand the chev criticism i really do. But he has a connection to these players that i dont think would be easy to replace. I think that would be a big loss if chev was gone. Without chev imagine what our recruiting classes would look like..
I don't want Chev gone...but his starting WR corp played 3 levels below their potential...

I don't want Chev gone...but his starting WR corp played 3 levels below their potential...

That’s not a fair assessment. The inconsistent, inaccurate Montez was a HUGE reason the wide receivers weren’t utilized like at all. Run, run, pass over someone’s head, rinse and repeat all game long. This team is better than 5-7 and i won’t put it all on Montez but if we had a Rosen, Darnold type QB who was accurate we would have helped make our porous OL at least look semi-decent.

Compare it to Siemian and Peyton Manning. Teams respected manning and even though the broncos line sucked major ass, Manning got his passes off because the defense played honest. Siemian, Brock and lynch ::shudder:: made the broncos already god awful line look even worse because well, they suck, aren’t accurate and nobody respects their arms.

That’s not a fair assessment. The inconsistent, inaccurate Montez was a HUGE reason the wide receivers weren’t utilized like at all. Run, run, pass over someone’s head, rinse and repeat all game long. This team is better than 5-7 and i won’t put it all on Montez but if we had a Rosen, Darnold type QB who was accurate we would have helped make our porous OL at least look semi-decent.

Compare it to Siemian and Peyton Manning. Teams respected manning and even though the broncos line sucked major ass, Manning got his passes off because the defense played honest. Siemian, Brock and lynch ::shudder:: made the broncos already god awful line look even worse because well, they suck, aren’t accurate and nobody respects their arms.
Some of it was certainly Montez...but many times he had the ball right on the money and they dropped it...senior receivers dropping wide open passes for certain TDs...unacceptable.
I like next year's crew more than these guys...Nixon, Hundley, Ento, Shenault...real explosiveness there...and Montez has been more consistent the past 4-5 games IMO. We won't be good if we don't beef up the DL with at least 5 good players in rotation...Ohio State rotates 12...TWELVE...DL guys...(at least that's what the guys on CBS were saying) we are so far from being anywhere near the top it is a little sad...oh well...I'd go for adequate at this point.

Some good points, but I can’t agree with “This team is better than 5-7...” Could have been better? Sure. Should have been better? Probably. But every team that loses games can claim they are better than their record, if only...

This is a 5-7 team. They didn’t make the plays to be 6-6, 7-5, or 8-4. Last year we had a 10-4 team that did what they needed to get those wins.

Some good points, but I can’t agree with “This team is better than 5-7...” Could have been better? Sure. Should have been better? Probably. But every team that loses games can claim they are better than their record, if only...

This is a 5-7 team. They didn’t make the plays to be 6-6, 7-5, or 8-4. Last year we had a 10-4 team that did what they needed to get those wins.

I completely agree and respect your opinion. I was more saying that a culmination of bad coaching led to this team underachieving. Montez can’t throw a pass, the receivers can’t catch the few they can get their hands on, the DL can’t stop anyone, the offensive line can’t block, the defensive scheme and defense overall took 25,000 steps backward. The players didn’t look prepared and the ones we’ve recruited aren’t up to par be it the coaching or their talent. Either way, the coaches brought them here. I just felt the team with good coaching could have been more consistent, yet somehow got worse as the season went on. We should have won more than 5 games.

Some of it was certainly Montez...but many times he had the ball right on the money and they dropped it...senior receivers dropping wide open passes for certain TDs...unacceptable.
I like next year's crew more than these guys...Nixon, Hundley, Ento, Shenault...real explosiveness there...and Montez has been more consistent the past 4-5 games IMO. We won't be good if we don't beef up the DL with at least 5 good players in rotation...Ohio State rotates 12...TWELVE...DL guys...(at least that's what the guys on CBS were saying) we are so far from being anywhere near the top it is a little sad...oh well...I'd go for adequate at this point.

All this. Team was unprepared this year and we have no depth.

I reviewed a clip of Montez at the outset of the season. He noted (as pretty much we all thought) that his 3 receivers were golden, and specifically noted that if he got the ball to them, a catch was virtually guaranteed. In retrospect it’s almost laughable, but it’s very sad to see how the season crumbled with such high hopes/confidence going in.

Back