What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If the Pac-12 expanded to 16 teams (hoops dreams)

And there's that.

Unless it's a deal where the P12 network is dying for content. I suppose that *could* be the case. In a 16 team league, it's more likely that you'll have 4-5 teams that don't get picked up by the national networks on any given Saturday. In those cases, the P12 network would be able to show additional games and generate additional revenues no matter who gets added to the league. I realize that's a lame reason to expand, but there you go.

Would a live CSU game generate enough ratings and add revenue over a USC replay to justify paying a conference share? I don't think they get close. If you need content you put some college girls in tight shorts and show intercollegiate beach volleyball. Most of the country would have more interest in that than seeing CSU play Oregon State in football.

This has been covered already, but the listed schools really aren't on par academically with even the "worst" schools in the Pac-12. I am not sure whether or not this is important, but it seems to matter, at least somewhat. CSU, however, is comparable.

Back