What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If you were Larry Scott, what would you do to the Pac-12?

I'm sure we could use the Broomfield event center for 2 years so the foamdome could be enlarged and renovated for both hockey and basketball.

This has been a good thread and the main question CU fans should be asking which men's spring time sport should be added? I'm sure you would mostly say BASEBALL but the issue is facilities plus the unpredictable spring weather. Men's LACROSSE would be a good one but who will we play against? I believe rugby would answer both questions related to baseball and lacrosse.

I don't want to sound like a prick in this case but I'm sick of the five month long gap between the end of basketball/spring football and the beginning of the football season. If we could take that gap down to like two or three months, it would be much better as a CU fan in general.

I am not a big fan of baseball at CU. I think it would be a huge money hog and would be a sport were we would be firmly planted in the bottom end of the PAC.

My preference would be sports were we 1) could build a reasonably competitive team using a core of Colorado recruits and recruits from surrounding states (this wouldn't exclude recruits from elsewhere but the core of the team would be local) 2) would be sports were we could be relatively competitive on a regular basis 3) would generate positive benefits without draining funds from the AD 4) would strengthen our bonds with the PAC.

I would love to see CU return to wrestling and we qualify on the first 3 above. It wouldn't fit #4. Hockey would be great but again not a PAC sport and very expensive to start up, may also be hard to compete with established powers close by like DU and CC.

More logically I think we could look at sports like mens soccer, rugby, lacrosse and coresponding womens rugby. In less space than a decent baseball or softball facility you could build a multi-purpose stadium seating 10-12k that would be effective for all three sports. This size facility could be built reasonably inexpensively and also be inexpensively expandable if the need should arise, you could also use it for a much needed improvement for our track and field programs.

Wrestling is a Pac sport, Mtn. Currently, they have to go to associate members like Boise State to fill the conference but it is sponsored.

If I was Larry Scott, I would do two chicks at the same time. Ya, I bet if I was Larry Scott, I could make that happen.

I am not a big fan of baseball at CU. I think it would be a huge money hog and would be a sport were we would be firmly planted in the bottom end of the PAC.

My preference would be sports were we 1) could build a reasonably competitive team using a core of Colorado recruits and recruits from surrounding states (this wouldn't exclude recruits from elsewhere but the core of the team would be local) 2) would be sports were we could be relatively competitive on a regular basis 3) would generate positive benefits without draining funds from the AD 4) would strengthen our bonds with the PAC.

I would love to see CU return to wrestling and we qualify on the first 3 above. It wouldn't fit #4. Hockey would be great but again not a PAC sport and very expensive to start up, may also be hard to compete with established powers close by like DU and CC.

More logically I think we could look at sports like mens soccer, rugby, lacrosse and coresponding womens rugby. In less space than a decent baseball or softball facility you could build a multi-purpose stadium seating 10-12k that would be effective for all three sports. This size facility could be built reasonably inexpensively and also be inexpensively expandable if the need should arise, you could also use it for a much needed improvement for our track and field programs.

+1

I think it's time to throw baseball & softball out the window once for all. If weather wasn't an issue, I'd say go for it. The women's soccer team already plays at where CU baseball played at in the past so why don't we develop that site even more? But the master plan for the campus has women's soccer playing at the South campus.

I'd love to have rugby because it is similar to football and would be a nice spring sport to follow plus women's rugby can be added as well. Think of all the union & 7s games that could be played. If people actually took the time to watch rugby and if they love football, becoming rugby shouldn't be a problem.

Men's lacrosse would be cool and I did watch that stuff back east when I was in college. It's like hockey on grass or something like that which should appeal to many people. But the issue could be Title IX...if it wasn't an issue, I think Bohn would have announced men's lacrosse in addition to women's lacrosse when it was announced.

Back