What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interesting comments from Ringo regarding the Miami (OH) game

Look, I've got no insider info on the Miami contract, but every contract has default remedy provisions and other provisions if one side wants to terminate the deal. I am speculating what those provisions were, but don't you think CU would want similar "out" clauses if a better deal came along?

Bottom line, Bohn and company would not turn their back on a huge home game payday if it was just that easy - particularly when we're trying to play catch up in the facilities arms race. I give them a little more credit that that.

Keep in mind, besides ESPN paying us, the Big 12 pays us for being on TV too.

55/45 revenue (and seat) split. I believe the fee is $400k.

The thing that gets me on that game is the fact that the schools pay the fee at all. Taxpayers funded that ****ing stadium. Why the two in-state schools have to pay Pat Bowlen $400k to use it for one day is beyond me. It is my understanding that part of the agreement to pay for the stadium includes so many free use days. But for some reason, that game doesn't qualify.

Pat Bowlen doesn't get paid, the Denver Metropolitan Football District does. They're a money-making entity, so it's in their interest to charge for the facility's use.

Bah, where's the fun in not speculating? It's what we do! See Jay Cutler thread(s) for further proof.:smile2:

Exactly, I mean, if we can´t even speculate, there really isn´t all that much to talk about this time of the year.

Pat Bowlen doesn't get paid, the Denver Metropolitan Football District does. They're a money-making entity, so it's in their interest to charge for the facility's use.

And who is behind the Denver Metropolitan Football District? The City of Denver?

And who is behind the Denver Metropolitan Football District? The City of Denver?

It's a conglomeration of seven metro counties... Denver, Arapahoe, Adams, Jefferson, Douglas, Boulder and Broomfield. Basically the RTD district.

Please say you're sh!tting me.

We just let a bunch of yay-hoos from the MAC dictate to us the terms and conditions that WE'RE going to accept from THEM after THEY backed out of a deal? Please, oh please tell me this is a joke.

The $750,000 payout only comes into play is Miami leaves CU high and dry. They did not do that - they got them a replacement game and ESPN agreed to put it on National TV. CU is not harmed in the deal so there is no payout.

Bowlen paid for 25% of the stadium and he controls it. If you think he's not making money off it, I don't know what to tell you.

The $750,000 payout only comes into play is Miami leaves CU high and dry. They did not do that - they got them a replacement game and ESPN agreed to put it on National TV. CU is not harmed in the deal so there is no payout.

That's one way of looking at it. But if they were to back out and get us a road game with, say Ohio State, would that still be OK? Not by me it wouldn't. The way I look at it is that Miami either honors the contract or pays. Of course none of us really knows exactly what the contract says, so the point is probably moo.

It's a conglomeration of seven metro counties... Denver, Arapahoe, Adams, Jefferson, Douglas, Boulder and Broomfield. Basically the RTD district.

Little surprised to see Broomfield actually has its own county.

Bowlen paid for 25% of the stadium and he controls it. If you think he's not making money off it, I don't know what to tell you.

Fine. If he paid for 25% of it, then he should be allowed to get something from renting the place out. You'd be all sorts of blubberingly pissed if you paid for a quarter of something & then had to rent it out for free.

Little surprised to see Broomfield actually has its own county.

About 10 years ago, the citizens of Broomfield looked at their city and noticed that it was in three separate counties - Boulder, Jefferson, and Adams. They were having a hard time getting the county commissioners from any of those counties to address issues that they were having. So they petitioned the state to establish their own county. The rest, as they say, is history.

I wish we could do something similar in Longmont, and get the hell rid of Boulder County.

Fine. If he paid for 25% of it, then he should be allowed to get something from renting the place out. You'd be all sorts of blubberingly pissed if you paid for a quarter of something & then had to rent it out for free.

True, but if the agreement with the entity that paid for the other 75% stipulates a certain number of free events, you wouldn't have much of a choice. Bowlen makes a boatload off of that place from just concessions and parking at Bronco games alone. That's a revenue stream he did not have at the old mile high. Yes, I'm still very bitter about his forcing the new stadium down the throats of the district. :pissed3:

I would agree that Ohio St. is not a suitable replacement, but you can make a case that Toledo is. Is CU going to sue Miami for the 750k?? They'd never collect, especially with the Toledo option on the table. No sense in getting into a legal fight unless you're going to win.

Nobody is "behind" the Metropolitan Football Stadium District. The MFSD was the public entity created (by us voters)to sell the bonds to pay for Invesco, collect the .1% sales tax to service the bonds, and manage the stadium. They have no particular obligation to give CU and CSU a sweetheart deal; their obligation is to maximize revenue to pay for the upkeep of the stadium and keep money in reserve, etc.

That being said, we have no obligation to help the MFSD or the city of Denver(who benefits from the sales tax revenue from all the football fans piling into Denver that weekend), and considering how the state legislature and the denver media treat CU we would be entirely justified in telling the MFSD to f*ck themselves in the a**.

That's one way of looking at it. But if they were to back out and get us a road game with, say Ohio State, would that still be OK? Not by me it wouldn't. The way I look at it is that Miami either honors the contract or pays. Of course none of us really knows exactly what the contract says, so the point is probably moo.

Moo? Is that another idot kind of word?

Back