What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Interim coach thread

Who becomes interim HC?

• Sanford

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • Wilson

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Patterson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Barnett

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Hagan

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Random Colorado High School coach

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • McGeoghan

Votes: 61 58.7%

• Total voters
All the sudden, the season goes from coaches trying to save their jobs, to coaches trying to earn their jobs.

I expect to see a far better team now that the dead weight is gone. Hopefully Patterson has full reins of the offense and can get us at least ONE win.

That's what I've been hoping. Thing is, I don't give a damn who calls plays when you don't have the dudes to run it.
Season 23 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

You were a better commentator (in absence) after your bold proclimation about the Buffs being a lock to cover against Texas Christian….
I’m an eternal optimist, life is brighter and more fun.

until we lose a game with the new HC, OC and DC, I’m optimistic on the rest of the season.

I’m an eternal optimist, life is brighter and more fun.

until we lose a game with the new HC, OC and DC, I’m optimistic on the rest of the season.
The HC/OC who were integral staff members of the worst offense in the P5? The new DC (i.e. the former DL coach of the worst run defense in the FBS)? Sure, man.

everything in context-- sanford is the obvious interim choice even though we all have reservations. he said the right things at his presser. and the remaining schedule is brutal given how we have started.

let it play out and make an informed choice. i think if he is made permanent hc it will hopefully be because he showed us something we didn't expect in terms of our expectations and not that it is because a whole bunch of other candidates turned us down.

it could go either way.

again, make some noise with president saliman or even regents if you have contact with them. if we can get the institutional **** fixed, this will be a whole lot more attractive job and we put something in place that we can build on.

We all can agree, if sanford somehow wins one game let alone two, we will be happy that we didn’t go winless.

Just watched one of the post practice pressers. I respect Sanford’s energy, transparency, and focus on the players. I do think we see a lift in how the team plays and improvement in effort, not sure if it’s enough to notch Ws though.

Haven’t been impressed with his offense at all, but tip of the hat to the guy for stepping into a tough spot and responding well early.

Sanford seems as one of those guys that comes across as personable, smart, detailed, and good at public speaking. Obviously a good interview... just have not seen all that translated to good x's and o's ? not impressed with "his" offense. We can hope kd was to involved and we will see some real offense now.

Sanford seems as one of those guys that comes across as personable, smart, detailed, and good at public speaking. Obviously a good interview... just have not seen all that translated to good x's and o's ? not impressed with "his" offense. We can hope kd was to involved and we will see some real offense now.
It was his offense. He’s just bad at this job. He is a QB killer. People regress under him.

Gotta love his energy and enthusiasm. I think it’s just a tough spot to be in for him. Whether he’s a great or terrible coach doesn’t even matter it seems. reality is the coaching staff was fired and I don’t think many (any?) programs end up hiring the interim?

Gotta love his energy and enthusiasm. I think it’s just a tough spot to be in for him. Whether he’s a great or terrible coach doesn’t even matter it seems. reality is the coaching staff was fired and I don’t think many (any?) programs end up hiring the interim?
Everything he does from here on out is to impress TS, RG and PD enough to either give him the HC job outright or put him on the short list. I would take it all with a grain of salt. According my Minny friends, this enthusiam kick he's suddenly on wasn't present with the Gophers.

Everything he does from here on out is to impress TS, RG and PD enough to either give him the HC job outright or put him on the short list. I would take it all with a grain of salt. According my Minny friends, this enthusiam kick he's suddenly on wasn't present with the Gophers.
I don’t think I could’ve stomached 5 minutes with Fleck, I won’t hold Minnesota against Sanford, that was never going to work from the start.

Back