What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It is Clear...09 is the Goal

Good points Buffaholic,

NU will start a quality QB (probably Patrick Witt) who will have to fight hard for the job as there are atleast two others who are right there with him. KSU is a wild card at best. Mizzou will be with new leadership at QB so who knows but the team will be strong anyway. With OSU you are spot on, and A&M should be improved but can be had by most, if all goes well. Finally WVU is tough to predict for me because I don't follow them.

Lots of "CU fans" around here seem to be pretty afraid of little red lately.

What if I told you Scott was going to have his best game at nebraska and our D steps up big time?

We win one game and we get to go to a bowl and get a head start on next year. Hawk will have our guys fired up for this one!

My hope is that Mac made sure Hawk knew rule No. 1 at CU -- beat NU to end the season and all is forgiven!:smile2:

CU can win in two weeks. I just hope they show up like they did against OSU. BUT, this team has got to stop shooting itself in the foot!

CU can win in two weeks. I just hope they show up like they did against OSU. BUT, this team has got to stop shooting itself in the foot!

:confused:

Were the two of us watching different games?
:drink:

Ok, that will be our role next year!

Last year it was KU and MU, this year TT and OSU, next year CU and ?U.

Can't really say no one expected TT to be good this year, their preseason rank was 8 I think...yeah no one expected undefeated at this point, but it was a real possibility...

Ok, that will be our role next year!

Last year it was KU and MU, this year TT and OSU, next year CU and ?U.

OSU stays up, we'll see KU and MU fall back to barely bowling and I think CU will win the North by 2 or 3 games... (If we're healthy and can get JFly to be the playmaker he shopuld be)

OSU stays up, we'll see KU and MU fall back to barely bowling and I think CU will win the North by 2 or 3 games... (If we're healthy and can get JFly to be the playmaker he shopuld be)

I expect the Buffs to take the north next year if we can avoid the karmic flogging that decimated our team this year. With a little bit of luck, we get back Miller, MTM, Speedy and Simas; Scott will hopefully be healthy, and with competition at QB, we should be light-years better on offense. Biggest question mark is at center. Defense loses a lot of starters, but our young guns have been getting lots of reps. Replacing Hypo and Nicholas on the interior DL will be the key.

MU - finally lose Coffman and Daniel; we get them at home with payback on our mind. Daniel's replacement Gabbert was highly recruited but has yet to see any pt. If he was as good as his 5-star rating, I would have expected to see him get some PT this year like Pinky did with Daniel - giving him at least 2 series every game in '04. They lose 7 starters on D and 2 on the OL. Macklin and their RB are coming back, but they won't be the scoring machine they have been the last two years.

NU - They also lose key offensive players - Ganz, Swift & Lucky. We get them at home.

KU - Most of their offensive playmakers are back, including Reesing, Briscoe and Meier, but they lose 3 of their starting OL. We get them at home.

KSU - New coach, Freeman goes pro, and a rag-tag team of JUCOs doesn't bode well for them next year.

ISU - Chizik is not taking them to the next level, although they might surprise us. Arnaud is athletic and they could show some improvement. Still, should be a win.

TU and OSU on the road will be real challenges, but ATM at home should be a win. 6-2 in the conference is very attainable. WVA is the only non-conf. game I see us not winning. That gives us a 9-3 season and an invitation to the CCG. Anything less than 8 wins and I will call that a disappointing season.

I expect the Buffs to take the north next year if we can avoid the karmic flogging that decimated our team this year. With a little bit of luck, we get back Miller, MTM, Speedy and Simas; Scott will hopefully be healthy, and with competition at QB, we should be light-years better on offense. Biggest question mark is at center. Defense loses a lot of starters, but our young guns have been getting lots of reps. Replacing Hypo and Nicholas on the interior DL will be the key.

MU - finally lose Coffman and Daniel; we get them at home with payback on our mind. Daniel's replacement Gabbert was highly recruited but has yet to see any pt. If he was as good as his 5-star rating, I would have expected to see him get some PT this year like Pinky did with Daniel - giving him at least 2 series every game in '04. They lose 7 starters on D and 2 on the OL. Macklin and their RB are coming back, but they won't be the scoring machine they have been the last two years.

NU - They also lose key offensive players - Ganz, Swift & Lucky. We get them at home.

KU - Most of their offensive playmakers are back, including Reesing, Briscoe and Meier, but they lose 3 of their starting OL. We get them at home.

KSU - New coach, Freeman goes pro, and a rag-tag team of JUCOs doesn't bode well for them next year.

ISU - Chizik is not taking them to the next level, although they might surprise us. Arnaud is athletic and they could show some improvement. Still, should be a win.

TU and OSU on the road will be real challenges, but ATM at home should be a win. 6-2 in the conference is very attainable. WVA is the only non-conf. game I see us not winning. That gives us a 9-3 season and an invitation to the CCG. Anything less than 8 wins and I will call that a disappointing season.

Solid take. I have been pointing to 2009 b/c of how the schedule sets up. I like the Big XII teams we get at home. The only one I disagree with is Misery. We just don't seem to match up well against the offense. I know there has been some personel deficiencies, but the scheme has lacked as well.
You gotta figure out a way to get 8 wins. Anything less, is a complete disappointment.

I know I posted this before but just to reiterate, if you guys can get healthy and stay healthy, along with finding and sticking with one QB, you will be fighting NU and MU for the north next season. It's obvious that KU is really going downhill regardless of what Reesing can do for them. ISU is years away from anything good. KSU :lol:. MU will have growing pains next year at QB and while they'll be good, they will not dominate people like they have been the past 2 years. NU has QB issues as well with a lot of people graduating this season. The North will return to the way it used to be.

I have to disagree...I don't see how next year could be much better. CU has really looked bad this year and I'm quite suprised. I don't think next Friday is going to be a good day for the buffs.

Am I reading this correctly? What the hell are you on? Missouri is 1000X better than anyone else in the North this season and they will end up winning it by a game. You really think CU can win by 2 or 3? :drink::canabis:

I have to disagree...I don't see how next year could be much better. CU has really looked bad this year and I'm quite suprised. I don't think next Friday is going to be a good day for the buffs.
are you sure you are not talking about the pinkshirts? :devil:

I have to disagree...I don't see how next year could be much better.

Reread the first paragraph of my post above, and read this tidbit from our SID:

The football team has lost 109 games due to injury or illness so far in 2008 (as of November 15), a number that will be no less than 120 when including the future missed games of 11 players who have been lost for the season. All but 10 of those 109 are by players who figured in either the two-deep or prominently on special teams. The Buffs are a bit shorthanded as Hawkins & Staff continue to rebuild the CU roster, but have 20 on the inactive roster now (10 injured, six ineligible, four transfers), not including 16 freshmen ticketed for a redshirt season. CU hasn’t seen a year like this where so many key players were lost to injuries, but at least numbers like this do prove to be an aberration and figure to be much lower next season.

If you still can't see how next year can be much better, then I cannot help you.

Ask Freeman and Reesing how pink those shirts look this year. Not the same team. Not even close.
way to hang your hat on holding Kansas to 35 points.

Ya, your defense is pretty awesome. Holding opposing teams to an incredible 34.4 ppg. woooo

I forget, did Mizzou see a big difference?

Granted they wupped us even worse, but to say "large improvement" based off that one game is quite interesting. It helps that you are not in the middle of a huge coach firing meltdown.

Then again, you are crowing about a 35 point effort on defense. Congrats on keeping it under 70! :thumbsup:

way to hang your hat on holding Kansas to 35 points.

Ya, your defense is pretty awesome. Holding opposing teams to an incredible 34.4 ppg. woooo

I forget, did Mizzou see a big difference?

Granted they wupped us even worse, but to say "large improvement" based off that one game is quite interesting. It helps that you are not in the middle of a huge coach firing meltdown.

Then again, you are crowing about a 35 point effort on defense. Congrats on keeping it under 70! :thumbsup:

Don't worry, you'll see it up close and personal in about a week and a half. Considering we put Freeman on the turf 4 times when he's only been sacked 11 times all season, I'd say that's an improvement.

Don't worry, you'll see it up close and personal in about a week and a half. Considering we put Freeman on the turf 4 times when he's only been sacked 11 times all season, I'd say that's an improvement.

don't hurt yourself patting your back if the NU D does well a week from Friday. We have a habit of making even the worst defenses look like the '85 Bears.

if CU comes any where CLOSE to NU's conference average, you will lose the game, and your defense should lose the blackshirts they have "earned" with that 34 point per game average.

I hope the Buffs will rise up when they play the Butthuskers as they obviously have more to lose than NU. As far as next season goes, I can't remember a time in the last 25 years where we were hit with injuries like we have been this year. I know thats part of the game, but this year was an exception and not the rule. I guess I need to ask the question, Who had more injuries in the B12 than the Buffs?

Reread the first paragraph of my post above, and read this tidbit from our SID:

If you still can't see how next year can be much better, then I cannot help you.

Your losses aren't due to injury your losses are due to poor coaching and high school mistakes.

You guys can't even catch a punt or kickoff...let alone return it.

By no means am I trying to be a dick....we have major problems too...like holding onto the damn football.

I was starting to feel bad for Freeman...we were working him.

funny, we kicked his ass to!

Hey, how many did they score on you guys? We held them to 13!

Held Freeman to 7. Their backup (Coffman) had one score (VERY controversial), a kickoff return, and a pick 6. Overall, our D played pretty well. Freeman's score was something like 65 yards on a perfect pass by him. Coffman's came on a QB sneak 4th and goal. Officals blew it dead before he got in and then reviewed it (without sound) and called it a TD.

Held Freeman to 7. Their backup (Coffman) had one score (VERY controversial), a kickoff return, and a pick 6. Overall, our D played pretty well. Freeman's score was something like 65 yards on a perfect pass by him. Coffman's came on a QB sneak 4th and goal. Officals blew it dead before he got in and then reviewed it (without sound) and called it a TD.

So what you're saying is that the really shytty kitties had a lucky TD pass, a lucky KO return, a lucky pick 6 and a lucky call on a TD that shouldn't have happened. Clearly your D is AWESOME!! Man if it wasn't for all that luck you guys would have goose egged them for sure! The people on this board who think that when a shytty team can hang 28 on your team it means your team is pretty shytty too are clearly wrong in this case. :thumbsup:

Impressive amount of excuses there. Good thing Freeman decided to take himself out or you probably would have had to come up with a few more.

Impressive amount of excuses there. Good thing Freeman decided to take himself out or you probably would have had to come up with a few more.

Excuses? His pass was perfect. Our DB was in perfect position and still couldn't make the play. The Coffman's TD was pure BS. The pick 6 and kick return were good plays by them and had no bearing whatsoever on our D. They made the game look a lot closer than it should've been. You know, kinda like you'll hang your hats on the fact that you stayed close to OSU even though one of your TD's were pure luck and the other came off a mistake by Robinson...

Excuses? His pass was perfect. Our DB was in perfect position and still couldn't make the play. The Coffman's TD was pure BS. The pick 6 and kick return were good plays by them and had no bearing whatsoever on our D. They made the game look a lot closer than it should've been. You know, kinda like you'll hang your hats on the fact that you stayed close to OSU even though one of your TD's were pure luck and the other came off a mistake by Robinson...
I didn't make any excuses for the OSU game... but thanks for sharing your expertise. Your attempt to change the subject proves that yes, you realize that you look pathetic when you come up with explanations for FOUR SCORES.
:thumbsup:

I didn't make any excuses for the OSU game... but thanks for sharing your expertise. Your attempt to change the subject proves that yes, you realize that you look pathetic when you come up with explanations for FOUR SCORES.
:thumbsup:

Maybe you specifically haven't, but a lot of people are using the fact that you stayed within 3 scores as evidence that you can beat NU.

Back