What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It's early, but how do you rate the north?

Hey good one 3rd grade called they want their putdown back. You better bring it better than that trailer trash.

oh that one is original too.... :lol:

maybe you should have your wife come in here and type one for you.... oh wait cloven hooves dont work so well on keyboards do they now?? :wink2:

It's "Ioweegan" :smile2:

I was born and raised in Omaha and moved about 45 minutes east into Iowa on a farm when I was 16. I'm a little bit of both.

They speak Iowanese. For example: Supper

Supper?!? It's called dinner dammit. Always has been, always will be.

And with that, this thread jack has been officially completed.

*ebraska sucks

It's "Ioweegan" :smile2:

I was born and raised in Omaha and moved about 45 minutes east into Iowa on a farm when I was 16.

I know the area of which you speak. My wife and her entire family is from Atlantic, IA. I've been there several times.

I know the area of which you speak. My wife and her entire family is from Atlantic, IA. I've been there several times.

A little northwest of Atlantic....by Harlan. Lived outside a small lil' town called Dunlap...that's where I went to HS.

I have friends in Atlantic

A little northwest of Atlantic....by Harlan. Lived outside a small lil' town called Dunlap...that's where I went to HS.

I have friends in Atlantic

I've driven through Dunlap a few times on my way to see the in laws in Carroll.

Go through Dunlap and Carroll several times a week on a locomotive. Everybody waves until we stop and block a crossing, then I look down and see their sad little faces and I laugh. I guess I'm kind of cold hearted that way though. :smile2:

It still cracks me up that so many posters here have a connection to Iowa. My dad is from LeMars-good ice cream, but not a whole lot else.

And I hear ya on that "supper" thing highflyer.:smile2:

Have you eaten at Cronk's in Dennison? We were there a couple of weeks for Sunday breakfast buffet. Damn good stuff.

haha yeah...I've ate at Cronks hundreds of times. We would always get wasted in High School and go in and eat breakfast and walk our tab. Ha ha

Go through Dunlap and Carroll several times a week on a locomotive. Everybody waves until we stop and block a crossing, then I look down and see their sad little faces and I laugh. I guess I'm kind of cold hearted that way though. :smile2:

I think I've seen you ASSHOLE! :smile2:

It still cracks me up that so many posters here have a connection to Iowa. My dad is from LeMars-good ice cream, but not a whole lot else.

And I hear ya on that "supper" thing highflyer.:smile2:

I've come to the conclusion that if all the people from Iowa had actually stayed in Iowa, it would be the most populated state in the union. Iowanesians are every where, attempting to infect us normals with the word supper.

I've come to the conclusion that if all the people from Iowa had actually stayed in Iowa, it would be the most populated state in the union. Iowanesians are every where, attempting to infect us normals with the word supper.

Yeah the supper **** drove me nuts when I first moved there from O' Town.....now I say it too when I'm back home. Just kinda wears on ya. Like Texas and Ya'll....I say it as ya'll notice.

:lol:
My dad still says it and we left Iowa in 1978. Drives me crazy.

What bugs me is when they say "worsh" as in "I'm going to go worsh my hands before supper".

:bang:

What bugs me is when they say "worsh" as in "I'm going to go worsh my hands before supper".

:lol:

Yep. My dad still says "Worshington" and "worshing machine" and he hasn't lived in Iowa for about 35 years.

My Dad says that, too, but he grew up in Alabama, Maryland & Louisiana. And like our esteemed leader, he also says nuke-ular. :smile2:

oh that one is original too.... :lol:

maybe you should have your wife come in here and type one for you.... oh wait cloven hooves dont work so well on keyboards do they now?? :wink2:

Imagine my surprise when I found out that you and lady were hitched. All this time I thought you were brother and sister considering you both are loud mouthed egotiscal dirtbags. I guess you could be brother and sister though considering they let that kind of thing go on down in Oklahoma. What's that??? You can't understand english.................here I think I can find the inbred spell checker on my computer to type it out so you can understand. "Woo wee I merriad me sistr..........shee es sew perty!" :thumbsup:

I've lived here my whole life minus the 3 months we lived in Denver and I don't think I've ever said worsh??? It's always been wash to me??? :lol:

Imagine my surprise when I found out that you and lady were hitched. All this time I thought you were brother and sister considering you both are loud mouthed egotiscal dirtbags. I guess you could be brother and sister though considering they let that kind of thing go on down in Oklahoma. What's that??? You can't understand english.................here I think I can find the inbred spell checker on my computer to type it out so you can understand. "Woo wee I merriad me sistr..........shee es sew perty!" :thumbsup:

roflcopter.jpg

roffle_house.gif

Last edited:
My mom and dad say Worsh, worshington,worshers, and crick, however he is a native of Colorado and my mom is a native of Oregon.

Down here in Texas everything is first started with fixin as in..."I am "fixin" to go to the store". Another is coke. Every soda down here is coke. Don't want to forget "yall" too.

Down here in Texas everything is first started with fixin as in..."I am "fixin" to go to the store". Another is coke. Every soda down here is coke. Don't want to forget "yall" too.

I don't hear the coke thing in San Antonyblow. I think it's because of the vast amount of Mexicans here. It's more latino cultured.

Back