What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jenkins is gone

What source do you have on that?

Student Conduct office, via Title IX officer. Whether his release is basketball related or not, I don't know, but I do know that there has been some stuff investigated reference him in the last monthish about something that happened last winter.

EDIT: Also, in no way am I connected to the investigation, or am looking to trash this guy's name. Just passing along info I was told to a fan board. I'm not going to anyone else with this.

Last edited:
If it is conduct related, and I am not saying it is, I find that a lot more troubling then if he left because of a lack of playing time.

Both Hemsley and Boatwright expressed a lot of interest in CU. Save the extra scholarship so we can go after BOTH of them hard.

We have seen graduated players transfer for that extra year of playing time while working on advanced degrees, my question is - how do Tad and Co go about contacting players to gauge interest - there have got to be restrictions on contact etc, right? Is any player that has technically graduated eligible, and is there a transfer year in play there?

Also, if I follow correctly - the one year player would have to sit this season and then would be eligible for next year? Does that mean that they would have to declare prior to whenever their current team plays? Or do we watch for players who are hurt at the beginning of this season and therefore would be eligible for hardship next year?

If they're transferring to get a graduate degree for a program that isn't offered at their previous school, believe they can play right away without sitting out a year. Imagine it's against some kind of rule to talk to a recruit about transferring, if they haven't declared their intentions to leave early. But fairly obvious that a lot of coaches do it anyways

I really hope we land Welsh. Our front court would then consist of PF - Gordon, Thomas, Miller C - Scott, Welsh.

Starting lineups:
PG - Hopkins (Top 100), Talton, Collier (Top 100)
SG - Booker (Top 150), Stalzer
SF - Johnson (Top 100), Fletcher (Top 100), King
PF - Gordon (Top 100), Thomas (Top 150), Miller
C - Scott (Top 100), Welsh (Top 100), Miller

The word before on what positions/roles Tad was recruiting this cycle was: PG & Big. If he had a 3rd spot, he wanted a gunner from 3pt range. If we take a 3rd, my guess is that it will be a pure shooter to play SG.

The word before on what positions/roles Tad was recruiting this cycle was: PG & Big. If he had a 3rd spot, he wanted a gunner from 3pt range. If we take a 3rd, my guess is that it will be a pure shooter to play SG.

Are there any current recruits like that or is this more of a transfer look in your opinion

Interested to talk to Goose about this and why he is so against adding another for 2014.

Well, best of luck to him. I would've liked to have been able to see how Jenkins developed here, but at least it's a surmountable loss. We'll be fine on the wing and, in a way, it just makes it that much easier to establish a rotation.

I'd also agree on banking this for 2015. Depth should not be an issue next year, so unless the staff is able to jump back in on a difference maker, I don't see the urgency. Of course, I also said the same thing before we signed Stalzer and King...

Would like to see it banked unless we can land an impact player. The 3 guys I can remember that were late season pickups were Talton, Stalzer, and Jenkins. Roberson may have been a late pickup as well but given the talent for 2015 that seems like the better choice.

Would like to see it banked unless we can land an impact player. The 3 guys I can remember that were late season pickups were Talton, Stalzer, and Jenkins. Roberson may have been a late pickup as well but given the talent for 2015 that seems like the better choice.

Your memory is off, Talton was an early signee as was Jenkins, Roberson was late, here it is by class:

2010 - Both late (Roberson and Mills)
2011 - One late (adams)
2012 - three late (Scott, gordon, stalzer)
2013 - one late (King)

Sandifer and Pickens would probably both be great talents, that CU would love to have. Sandifer's academics were supposedly an issue before, and have to think that would still be the case. If he was even a partial qualifier and CU believed he could do the work, imagine it would be worth a gamble.

Sandifer and Pickens would probably both be great talents, that CU would love to have. Sandifer's academics were supposedly an issue before, and have to think that would still be the case. If he was even a partial qualifier and CU believed he could do the work, imagine it would be worth a gamble.

Sandifer is a very me first type of player. A lot of teams have cooled on him.

Your memory is off, Talton was an early signee as was Jenkins, Roberson was late, here it is by class:

2010 - Both late (Roberson and Mills)
2011 - One late (adams)
2012 - three late (Scott, gordon, stalzer)
2013 - one late (King)

I remember going to the basketball luncheon where they announced the recruiting class of Scott, Gordon and Johnson and being surprised to hear Jenkins (10/2/11 signing) and Talton (11/9/11 signing) were part of the class since they hadn't been mentioned prior to it. Stalzer came along much later (11/3/12). Don't doubt my memory could be off on some of this.

How would you feel about Dorian Pickens? Not as explosive as Sandifer, but shoots the rock like Levi.

I'd be fine with that.

Honestly, while I'm ok with the guys Tad has gotten late (I still think Stalzer will be a quality bench guy before he leaves and King has some great potential), taking guys later is a bit of a risk. I'd rather us focus on 2015 unless we can get a "no brainer".

Back