What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim McElwain - Head Coach CMU

I just have a hard time getting over the "yeah she might be kinda hot, but do you really want your little brother's sloppy seconds?" factor.

There's zero logic in that reaction, but it'd be inaccurate to pretend it doesn't exist.

To continue the analogy, I'd also say that there's a certain level of hotness that makes out a lot easier to set aside those feelings, but we're just not there in this case.
That's the source of the negativity toward him, I think. If he'd been at Fresno State or something before Florida with the same exact resume, I bet we'd like him.

I just have a hard time getting over the "yeah she might be kinda hot, but do you really want your little brother's sloppy seconds?" factor.

There's zero logic in that reaction, but it'd be inaccurate to pretend it doesn't exist.

To continue the analogy, I'd also say that there's a certain level of hotness that makes it a lot easier to set aside those feelings, but we're just not there in this case.
understandable. I feel the same but its like buying a car you sorta like but can afford, then it turns out to one of the best cars you've owned. I compare to a car because that is about how long this relationship will last, 4/5 years.

To continue the analogy, I'd also say that there's a certain level of hotness that makes it a lot easier to set aside those feelings, but we're just not there in this case.
Just for clarity, is the sloppy seconds in this circumstance a Selachimorpha?

My biggest problem with Jim McElwain is that he would be a one and done at CMU. I could rationalize the ethics of it, "it's a business, you have to take the opportunity to go to a bigger, better program when it presents itself, etc.", but from my limited data base it seems the majority of those coaches flame out at the bigger, better program. Taggart to FSU and Kiffin to USC both crashed at their dream jobs. Graham bailed on Pitt and did OK at ASU, but eventually was fired too.
I think taking McElwain would be too big of a risk.All the candidates come with risk, but I would prefer to take that risk with EB, Sark or Leonhard.

My biggest problem with Jim McElwain is that he would be a one and done at CMU. I could rationalize the ethics of it, "it's a business, you have to take the opportunity to go to a bigger, better program when it presents itself, etc.", but from my limited data base it seems the majority of those coaches flame out at the bigger, better program. Taggart to FSU and Kiffin to USC both crashed at their dream jobs. Graham bailed on Pitt and did OK at ASU, but eventually was fired too.
I think taking McElwain would be too big of a risk.All the candidates come with risk, but I would prefer to take that risk with EB, Sark or Leonhard.
I thought he’d been there 2 years?

That's the source of the negativity toward him, I think. If he'd been at Fresno State or something before Florida with the same exact resume, I bet we'd like him.
Eh. My issue with him has nothing to do with him coaching at CSU previously. My issues stem from the fact that he's a goober (reminds me of Hawkins), he lied about receiving death threats (what's the benefit to him doing that?) and he left Florida in a terrible situation due to roster management.

I think he could come here and win with our roster.
His teams seem to have a fall off after he leaves though.

Back