What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt is a doosh

Klatt may be willing to use hyperbole to further his effort to get Hawkins fired. If so, I hope he succeeds.

Do any of you honestly think Klatt would be ranting like this if Hawkins were fired?

Not if the new guy was winning.

We fired Barnett for going 7-5 during his final season. Hawkins has yet to have a winning season. I want him gone, Klatt wants him gone. I can't disagree.

A lot of fans on this board hate to hear the truth. They're highly sensitive to it, in fact. Klatt isn't sobering up from all the spiked Kool-Aid served by Hawkins, as some fans on this board still are.

Please, spare me this strawman crap. Show me one reply on this thread arguing that Hawk should stay...

You can want Hawkins gone and still think Klatt is pompous dick. But like a lot of people here have pointed out, Klatt's schtick is the nature of talk radio. Any of us who don't like it are free to turn it off.

Please, spare me this strawman crap. Show me one reply on this thread arguing that Hawk should stay...

You can want Hawkins gone and still think Klatt is pompous dick. But like a lot of people here have pointed out, Klatt's schtick is the nature of talk radio. Any of us who don't like it are free to turn it off.

The point isn't that some still want Hawkins to remain. We all realize that FINALLY the holdout fans saw the light after the Cal game.

However, there are some that are still overly sensitive to honest criticism directed at Hawkins and the state of the program. That is the point.

The point isn't that some still want Hawkins to remain. We all realize that FINALLY the holdout fans saw the light after the Cal game.

However, there are some that are still overly sensitive to honest criticism directed at Hawkins and the state of the program. That is the point.

No, the point is whether the way JK is doing it is appropriate, effective, annoying or just entertainment. Everybody is entitled to their opinion... even if it doesn't match yours.

No, the point is whether the way JK is doing it is appropriate, effective, annoying or just entertainment. Everybody is entitled to their opinion... even if it doesn't match yours.
Sorry I have to disagree, Kiszla is never entitled to an opinion...

Do any of you honestly think Klatt would be ranting like this if Hawkins were fired?

I honestly believe Klatt wouldn't be ranting like this if the chair moistener occupying the Head Coaching position would take some ****ing accountability for his actions and his team, rather than coming up with 90 million excuses and blaming the previous staff.

I honestly believe Klatt wouldn't be ranting like this if the chair moistener occupying the Head Coaching position would take some ****ing accountability for his actions and his team, rather than coming up with 90 million excuses and blaming the previous staff.

I think he'd still want him gone, based on the on-field results. However, I agree that his over-the-top mocking of Hawkins probably wouldn't be quite so biting if Hawk would stay away from the "little things" comments. We all know this team has a lot more to work on than a few little things. He's just making things worse for himself by saying stupid chit like that.

Klatt is full of bravado. He and CJ were to have Hawkins on for an interview. Prior to Hawk coming on, Joel was full of his usual rants and bragged about he was going to RIP Hawk. Then the interview began and Joel hardly said a word. I was kind of squirming as I waited for him to RIP into Hawkins. But he never did. Which is a good thing.

Can someone explain to me what CJ's status is with the school? I think he is still affiliated with the AD. If so, it is interesting that he is doing this show with Klatt. CJ has had his moments of questioning Hawkins, but he keeps it very controlled. I'm just wondering if he has any kind of conflict with his show and his position with the school?

Klatt is full of bravado. He and CJ were to have Hawkins on for an interview. Prior to Hawk coming on, Joel was full of his usual rants and bragged about he was going to RIP Hawk. Then the interview began and Joel hardly said a word. I was kind of squirming as I waited for him to RIP into Hawkins. But he never did. Which is a good thing.
I remember when DH came on with Klatt and Kreckman last November, when it got hot (i.e. questions about the QB) DH said he had a meeting to go to and couldn't answer the Q. Lame as lame can be.

When MB was on with CJ and Klatt , he jumped JK's questions and kind of came off sounding like a jerk. Bottom line is I think JK is not real popular with the current AD regime and I am not sure at this point he could do a solid interview with DH or MB. There is just too much bad feeling at this point. I have always given MB props for pretty much answering the bell for every radio interview out there. That can't be easy when your HC is not only failing in the biggest way, but an insufferable blowhard to boot.

I think he'd still want him gone, based on the on-field results. However, I agree that his over-the-top mocking of Hawkins probably wouldn't be quite so biting if Hawk would stay away from the "little things" comments. We all know this team has a lot more to work on than a few little things. He's just making things worse for himself by saying stupid chit like that.
xx

Last edited:

But to take it a step further, I think that's the case with almost all of us. If Hawk would come out and pull a Jim Mora and admit we suck, I think we'd all cut him a little slack. We'd still want him gone, but we wouldn't hate him. I'm at the point where I can't hear the guy speak without getting the urge to rip his lungs out with my bare hands. I can't stand the guy. Honestly. If he were intellectually honest with us, my feelings towards him wouldn't be nearly as strong. I'd just want him fired.

But to take it a step further, I think that's the case with almost all of us. If Hawk would come out and pull a Jim Mora and admit we suck, I think we'd all cut him a little slack. We'd still want him gone, but we wouldn't hate him. I'm at the point where I can't hear the guy speak without getting the urge to rip his lungs out with my bare hands. I can't stand the guy. Honestly. If he were intellectually honest with us, my feelings towards him wouldn't be nearly as strong. I'd just want him fired.

:bs:

Maybe if our LBs can keep their running down, we have a shot at KJuco. Seems to be working for UCF.

Back