What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joel Klatt Today: We have some great unannounced commits.

I can think of maybe Lucien and Willingham but even then they're both taking visits so i'm not sure that counts

Not going to hold my breath that we have highly rated people already committed without taking a visit.. but hey it sounds awesome, so I'm all for it.

The silent commit stuff is annoying. It's sort of like the kid in class who says: "I've got a secret". and then says, "I can't tell you".

I hope Joel is right. But I've never understood the whole, "silent commit" thing. What's to be gained on either side for that?

Nothing to be gained by us but, if i were a 4/5 star recruit i wouldn't want any pressure after committing to a program early. If you commit on signing day, it's done. No coach can call from another program to try and change your mind. I'm guessing that's why kids do it. Hard to know though.

I'm paraphrasing here. Joel said that people are going to love this class when they see it. According to him we have commits from several great players that haven't been announced yet.

FWIW

I heard Devon Kennard and Julio Jones are like, totally on campus right now.

I haven't had time to read this thread before I board a connecting flight, so I can only assume I'm the seventh or eighth person to make this joke; I'll show myself out.

Love Joel and all but, all I have to say is...

[video=youtube;mBS0OWGUidc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc[/video]

Last edited:

I haven't had time to read this thread before I board a connecting flight, so I can only assume I'm the seventh or eighth person to make this joke; I'll show myself out.

first actually but i like your style

Joel didn't elaborate. We don't really know what he considers great. He could be talking about some under the radar players that the staff is really excited about. "Great" doesn't automatically mean he's talking about 4 or 5 stars. Nobody had heard of Dorman a couple of weeks ago. Given his stats, his bloodlines and the great coaching he's had, he might turn out to be a Rodney Stewart-type steal. Given their late start, I'll be very happy with a couple more like that and a couple of the known targets.

And I do think that Joel has inside sources. CJ certainly does. Only Joel can let little tidbits leak without getting us in trouble, though.

Adding: "People will love this class when they see it" probably meant we'll love them when we see them on the field, not that recruiting geeks will be excited by all the 4 star guys we snagged at the end.

Last edited:
Anything Klatt says needs to be tempered. He is a media whore these days. Self promotion and sucktitude, if that is a word. I used to like him. He is just a self promoting bore now. And a radio host. What could be worse?

Anything Klatt says needs to be tempered. He is a media whore these days. Self promotion and sucktitude, if that is a word. I used to like him. He is just a self promoting bore now. And a radio host. What could be worse?

Anal warts?

Have we lost our touch, kind of sad that it took 4 pages to get that one out.

The holocaust was pretty bad.

Back