What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Josh Scott appreciation thread

It still pisses me off that Bzdelik didn't even recruit him.

Bzdelik did recruit him! Reggie's brother asked him a bunch of questions and felt like he wasn't answering them and they ending up getting into a fight with each other! Oklahoma St. was his #1 choice, but they signed Keiton Page and told Reggie they wanted him to play SG, so he cut them off his list and then CU was his 2nd choice, but after his bro got in a fight with Bzdelik he cut them off the listed and picked between BC and Marquette.

Simple Andrew, there were several ahead of him who weren't just close to being all stars, they were all stars, multiple times. But you're right, not having him on the list at all is an oversight...Thank gosh my name isn't Tad Boyle.

I realize some of those guys did actually make All-star teams, but Reggie is 25 and not even in the prime of his career yet. I have confidence that he will eventually make multiple all-star teams. At worst he's 5th right now, but ultimately I think he'll end up being #2.

Let's get back on track.

Mr. Josh Scott - you are awesome. Have a great game today!

Stats do not lie (pts, reb's, blocks). Wedman, Harrison were solid players. Josh is top 5 All-Time.

I keep hearing the announcers talking about Josh's "lack of athleticism." I get that he can't jump out of the gym. But I see him faking defenders out of their jocks and that doesn't compute to the "lack of athleticism" argument to me. The announcers in the WSU game were saying he'll make a great living in Europe. I hope he proves the nay sayers wrong and has a solid NBA career.

Last edited:
Caused so much chaos for UCONN, even during our drought where he struggled. I was under the impression they could guard him 1v1 and they could not at all. Always had that quasi-zone up against him.

The highest of mile hi salutes to Scott. :']

It's not as in-depth as I'd love for it to be, but here's a brief look at where Jelly fits in in the record books (as of right now, and projected assuming we play 5 more games - 3 regular season, 1 P12, 1 tourney of some sort).

Scoring:
Currently - 1,612 points (9th in CU history)
Projected - 1,694 points (8th in CU history - 33 points behind #8 Stevie Wise & 46 behind #7 Askia Booker)

Rebounding:
Currently - 923 rebounds (5th in CU history)
Projected - 968 rebounds (4th in CU history - 3 behind #3 Cliff Meely and a lot behind #2 Andre Roberson)

Assists:
Currently - 120 assists (#3 for centers in CU history, #50 overall)
Projected - 130 assists (#3 for centers in CU history - 23 behind #2 Scott Wilke, tied for #45 overall)

FT Made:
Currently - 475 FT made (#3 in CU history)
Projected - 498 FT made (#2 in CU history - 72 behind #1 Cory Higgins)

Blocked Shots:
Currently - 154 blocked shots (#3 in CU history)
Projected - 163 blocked shots (#2 in CU history - 62 behind #1 David Harrison)

Starts:
Currently - 113 starts (#4 in CU history)
Projected - 118 starts (#3 in history - 12 behind #2 Austin Dufault and 13 behind #1 Cory Higgins)

Minutes:
Currently - 3,567 minutes (#6 in CU history)
Projected - 3,718 minutes (#5 in CU history - 87 behind #4 Richard Roby, 90 behind #3 Askia Booker & 146 behind #2 Jay Humphries)

Can you update this so I can do a thanks Josh facebook post to the allbuffs page

He may not be an all-time great like a Meely or Billups, but he has meant so much to this program. Corey Higgins was like that in my eyes, and I wish he had a chance to play in the tournament. I wish Josh could have played in the 16. He's one of those all-time favorite Buffs to the fans - wish nothing but the best for him in life.

He's come a long way.

20120410__20120411_B1_SP11PRPMRCOLORADOART~p1.jpg

Thanks, Josh. Shame we couldn't go out the way you deserved (winning in the dance), but there are far worse ways to go out than as an NCAA Tournament regular

I'm really going to miss the big lug. I sure as hell hope he proves the naysayers wrong and makes it to The Show.

Thank you for everything, Josh Scott. It has been a true pleasure having you as a Buff. All the best to you in your pro career!

Wouldn't be shocked to see Josh on the Buff's bench in the future. I'm not sure if that is his goal though.

Thanks, Josh! It's been fun watching you play. You've represented the Buffs with heart, determination and class. Buff Nation wishes you nothing but the best!

Great Buff. Will always be one of my favorite players and people to wear a Buffs uniform. Congrats Josh on a great career and good luck wherever you end up playing.

Best wishes to J40 in the next chapters of his life, and whichever direction his life goes next.

Nothing but fond memories and mad respect from the Boulder period.

Congrats and thanks for leaving a mark.

PS If you or the other seniors read this, please join us on the boards some day. It's a good place to get your CU fix amongst friends.

As a fan, I couldn't ask more from a player than what Josh has given while also being pure class.

Thank you, Josh

Really disappointed we won't be able to see him play in a CU uniform again. He was a high class person who also happened to be an amazing basketball player. One of the best who will wear the uniform. Best of luck Josh.

I've really enjoyed watching Scott over the last three years. I remember a work buddy at my first CU hoops game pointing out Scott on the big screen and going "doesn't he look like Barack Obama". I guess he kinda did back then, but I don't see it anymore.

Hope you have a great career #40.

Back