What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just for Fun, name position

Football - WR, Some CB - Paul Richardson body with O lineman speed
Basketball - Shooting Guard & Small Forward

4 year Cross Country
3 Year Basketball 3-5
4 Year Track - 1600, 3200, 4x800, High Jump which I sucked at since by the time the bar got to 6' I already at least 2.5 miles on my legs when you include warmups.

HS: XC & Track (4yr)
CU: XC & Track (1yr walk on)
idontbelieveyou.gif

HS:
1st Team 4A All State Safety and Kicker (made a 60 yarder and had 100% touchbacks). Also played Hback on offense.
2nd place in discus. Phil Loadholt beat me by 7 inches!

College:
1 year - Fort Hays State at LB. Found out I couldn't major in beer and tits. Hated it. 2nd time with a torn ACL confirmed that I was done. Should have just focused on kicking and gone to a bigger school.

Offensive line. I was Tom Ashworth's back up for a year. Without him there I would have been awesome. Awesome, I tell you.

HS: XC & Track (4yr)
CU: XC & Track (1yr walk on)

Walking on for XC at CU for a typical HS athlete or even a pretty decent one has to be kind of like the 220lb kid trying to walk on at OT for a school like Bama that goes 3-4 deep on highly recruited 280-320lb linemen on both sides of the ball.

You go out expecting to run with them and they leave you behind easily.

Did you enjoy it or was it more humbling?

Walking on for XC at CU for a typical HS athlete or even a pretty decent one has to be kind of like the 220lb kid trying to walk on at OT for a school like Bama that goes 3-4 deep on highly recruited 280-320lb linemen on both sides of the ball.

Not really. Wetmore encourages all comers. There were some pretty good national-level kids who never panned out with him and some WO's who have.

Wetmore will work with anyone. Question is, will a kid work with him and rise to the challenge.

Why the **** is this in the Colorado Football Message Board? That's all.
I just thought it would be kinda funny and break the boredom. Nothing to hide from on what we were back in the day. Also, if a recruit or parent sees it? Once again, kinda funny for them to see who all these armchair Qb's are. Wait till we do the "first place you lost virginity" thread. Now that will be freak'n ridiculous funny!

Well in football, didn't really have a set position, I played where I was needed. On D corner and safety. O a little bit of everything outside of linemen. Basketball, I was a point. Baseball center and short. Track, which I hated, hurdles, 4x100, 100 meters, mile relay, damn I hated it, I was exhausted after, like 6 or 7 events, screw that. Safe to say they got what I could give.

I just thought it would be kinda funny and break the boredom. Nothing to hide from on what we were back in the day. Also, if a recruit or parent sees it? Once again, kinda funny for them to see who all these armchair Qb's are. Wait till we do the "first place you lost virginity" thread. Now that will be freak'n ridiculous funny!
What are you waiting for?

You are assuming that most people here have:lol: I mean other than to their hands.

HS: Golf team, basketball for a couple years as 2 guard, could shot lights out and play really good d, just didn't have a great handle with the ball.

5th grade to Freshman: OL & DL for Football, got my ass kicked by guys twice my size in high school so I stopped. Birth to Frreshman: played left wing or defense in Hockey.
Freshman - Senior: defense/middie in lax
College: drank

HS: Track (shot and discus), Band (ubl?)
College: Band

I was asked to play football every year in HS in HC but wasn't allowed. I would have been a TE/OL. I had a decent arm as well but didn't have much interest in QB. As with everybody, straight to the hall, first ballot for me :D

It was a solid life experience. Any Olympic aspirations came to a quick end. The CU-XC letter winners and scholarship recipients are state champions at the HS level. I was only an individual state qualifier at the 4A level. My HS PR in the 5K was 16:10. The guys CU want can consistently run sub 15:30s out of HS and get below 14 minutes in college..

When the varsity would travel to Mt Sac, the scrubs like me would drive to some place closer to home to race, like Ft Collins. It meant a lot to get to wear a CU singlet and run for the BnG.

During work outs we sometimes were joined by running royalty like Olympic medalists Frank Shorter, Rosa Mota, and Rob DiCastillo. It was a special experience to work out with celebrities and try your best to our kick them during an interval workout.

We went on one 10 mile run where the goal was to make the pace of each mile faster than the last. The cream of the crop were hitting 5 min miles at the end.

My proudest accomplishment was during a 5x1 mile interval, where your go full speed for one mile and then jog a quarter, then do another mile. I was able to get all 5 intervals under 5 minutes each. The tactics CU uses to improve you do work. At my best, I ran a 32:20 10K.

I don't remember much of my sophomore year because it's exhausting to train at that level and get school work done. There would be a 6AM distance run, followed by an 8AM Econ class. Then there'd be an afternoon practice that involved pain.

I was glad to use a junior year abroad as an excuse not to walk on for a second year.

Varsity soccer: 4 year, striker in a 442 as a fesh and soph, outside mid/wing Jr and Sr seasons but had liberty to roam (or at least I thought so)

Club soccer with Real Colorado LM in a 442

Track: Fresh and Soph year, only race I never ran was 110m hurdles. My races we're 400m and 800m Essentially I was a team points guy, if there was an opening in a heat I ran the race. Would never lose but never won. **** the 400 hurddles!!!

Baseball: Varsity Jr and Sr. Horrible batting average, but defensively had no issues in CF caught about everything, and I would sayou I had a plus arm.

Had I played football, I think I would have been a wideout and returner. I know I could have kicked. Real position would have been left bench.

Wish I would have tried rugby

Back