What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Just look at recent history, blah, blah, blah..."

When Sandy is able to find some CSU fans, then maybe he can make that claim.

My brother in law ran into Mike & Sandy at a golf outing 3-4 years ago. They were sitting in their cart, all 5'2" of them, and he , 6'5" 280lb former guard, walks by and says something like you guys are absolute morons. He said that they didn't say a peep. Strange when they are so ready to jump down someone's throat on the air.

as long as we win I don't care about the score... actually the closer the better. It hurts more...

I disagree. If it's close, the goats will claim a moral victory and say that because they can keep it close, they're still on the same level as CU.

This game needs to be a beat-down of epic proportions. I'm talking 20+ points here. There needs to be no doubt whatsoever about which team is better.

I disagree. If it's close, the goats will claim a moral victory and say that because they can keep it close, they're still on the same level as CU.

This game needs to be a beat-down of epic proportions. I'm talking 20+ points here. There needs to be no doubt whatsoever about which team is better.

20 points per half lead is better, 20 points lead gained per quarter is best!:thumbsup:

Agree, although if we win by 50, the goats will still come up with excuses.:rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

Agreed. This game should not be close. If the Buffs are going to prove that they are a program on the rise and if Hawkins wants to prove that he is the coach to do it, this game needs to be a blow out.

Agreed. This game should not be close. If the Buffs are going to prove that they are a program on the rise and if Hawkins wants to prove that he is the coach to do it, this game needs to be a blow out.

As I said in the opening post, in the 10 years prior to 1999, we went 7-0 by an average score of 39-20. That is where we should always be when playing cs(ewe).

You are dead on there....i actually had a nightmare last night about the game...CU definately won in the dream, but it was close and I didn't hear the end of it from CSU fans...how lame would that be..."you couldn't even whomp us....you guys suck." :wow:
You had a nightmare about the game then having to deal with csu fan afterwards......what did you eat before bed?????:smile2:

As I said in the opening post, in the 10 years prior to 1999, we went 7-0 by an average score of 39-20. That is where we should always be when playing cs(ewe).

I blame Bush. :smile2:

The title of this thread should be: "just look at recent history, bleat, bleat, bleat..."

With a new coaching regime, lack of talent, etc., etc., a 20 point loss would be a moral victory for the lambskins.

40+. Set the goals high :thumbsup:

Thats all the sports talk geeks want to talk about. I listened to Clough and Evans this morning. Evans, trying to be the contrarian, picks the rams based on "recent history." While Sandy picks CU, he says it'll be close because of "recent history." They had B.G. Brooks on. He said his brain tells him it'll be a blow out but thinks it'll be close because of "recent history."

Well, they are correct that since '99 things have not gone well for CU. We have lost 4 of 9 and the rest have been close. But why did that come to pass. First, we lost in three of GB's first four years in taking over after Neuheisel had uncerimoniously stabbed the program in the back, leaving it devistated. This at a time when Lubick had his program rolling.

Then "The Scandal." The Scandal set this program back for several of the next years. Yet even through that, we only lost once, though all the games have been close. But if you look at the 10 years prior to '99, we went 7-0 and won by an average of 39 - 20. That domination is getting ready to return!
Quit living in the PAST - cu makes the same argument against NEBRASKA - you guys are a walking DOUBLE STANDARD

Quit living in the PAST - cu makes the same argument against NEBRASKA - you guys are a walking DOUBLE STANDARD

you should not sell your booty so cheaply, attention whore. i would advocate at least making five bucks off of it at the brass rail.

Methinks this is a bit of jealousy coming from someone who craves CU's vitriol. The good thing about the CSU game is that there is passion. Not so much the case for B12 teams who schedule the likes of Chattanooga, Florida Atlantic or W. Michigan.

Back