What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KAi Maiava transfers to UCLA? I can't believe it...

I JUST SAID WHO CARES, we have better OL in behrens,bahr and iltis and one freaking animal in tuioti mariner.I did not tell anyone do dwell on ANYTHING.

We have plenty of good OL,what part of this do you not understand?

I didn't base cu's season on maiava, but why people are so sensitive if anyone questions hawk's moves is laughable. Turn that 8-17 around and their will be less and less questions.

I'm excited for 2008 too GO BUFFS
Thought this would never happen but Syko's anlaysis is pretty accurate minus the oozing cynicism. The fact of the matter is, we now have a surplus of great young lineman who fit the "mold" a little better than Kai. I don't question his heart but all things being equal, its good that he is going somewhere where he can get on the field in his natural position rather than backing up several beasts here.

OMG!!! The sky is falling Kai is gone. 0-12 here we come:lol:. He was a 6 foot tall OL/FB. Who the fu*k cares. Good luck backing up the backup long snapper.

I like how a lot of you talk up some young Buffs like Maivea during the season, but if they leave you easily brush it aside saying, "oh he ain't that good", he only started because blah,blah,blah..We won't miss them". I'm sure some of you will make the case that Kai held us back last year from going 12-0.

I like how a lot of you talk up some young Buffs like Maivea during the season, but if they leave you easily brush it aside saying, "oh he ain't that good", he only started because blah,blah,blah..We won't miss them". I'm sure some of you will make the case that Kai held us back last year from going 12-0.

Only in your warped head jimmy.

if that is what you are deciphering from this thread, you need a remedial comprehension course.

i would say that most feel that he was a fan favorite - that it sucks he left - but that they prefer to see the silver lining in the situation without throwing anyone under the bus. the silver lining being that if our boy could not compete on the line (knowing full well how well we loved him on the line) then that line is possibly going to be something of great excitement.

this is not an unexpected anticipation for those who have been paying attention to the new arrivals the past two years.

i would also say that most of the sarcasm on this thread is directed at you rather than at kai.

I really wouldn't lose too much sleep over that. *ebraska has a big hill to climb in Hawaii. We still have a ton of polynesians on the team and we have a solid history of Polynesian players here. *ebraska - not so much. Plus we have Brian Cabral. The weather is much better here and we annually schedule a Pac-10 school. UH is on the schedule as well. *ebraska doesn't have any of that. On top of it all, Hawk's approach is far more attractive to the Polynesians than Mr. Personality Bo Pelini.

Based on what? 1 month of recruiting in his first year as head coach? Don't get ahead of yourself just yet. It was addressed by the Husker staff that these kids are a must to recruit. Coach Bo also kept Quentin Toailoa out of California. He was a Callahan kid but stayed on board when the coaching staff changed over. There will be more Polynesian kids coming in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on what? 1 month of recruiting in his first year as head coach? Don't get ahead of yourself just yet. It was addressed by the Husker staff that these kids are a must to recruit. Coach Bo also kept Quentin Toailoa out of California. He was a Callahan kid but stayed on board when the coaching staff changed over. There will be more Polynesian kids coming in the future.

Based on these factors:

There are maybe 10-15 legit D-1 players coming out of Hawaii every year
Schools like USC, BYU, Washington, Colorado and Hawaii have been recruiting strong in the islands for a very long time. Figure USC has an advantage over everybody, with the other three mainland schools going up against UH for the rest of the kids.
You don't just waltz in to Hawaii and recruit a kid. It takes years of developing a network and building a relationship with the coaches and the families.
The other schools mentioned have been doing this for years, *ebraska hasn't. I won't discount the possibility that the fuskers might get a kid or two, but it's not like they're immediately going to be a recruiting force there. It doesn't work that way.

What the hell are you talking about. He single handedly stopped us from going 13-0 :lol:. Losing him is not the offensive version of losing Dizon. Like I said before, he will not see the field at UCLA unless about 30 OLs go down to injury, and he did start here because of blah,blah,blah and you know it. A 6 foot tall OL is like having a 6 foot 5 center in basketball, some nights it will work because of ability some nights you will get destroyed. We need stability on the line, not I hope Kai can handle this (insert name) DL this week. I wish Kai all the success in the world. GOOD DAY SIR

Based on what?

maybe on the fact that your pipeline dried up the year solich threatened to not release a kid who just wanted to move closer to his dying father, and was quoted in the OWH as suspecting illegal contact had been made on a trip to utah.

they noticed what you did to their brother, and nu has not recovered with their prized island recruits since.

maybe on the fact that your pipeline dried up the year solich threatened to not release a kid who just wanted to move closer to his dying father, and was quoted in the OWH as suspecting illegal contact had been made on a trip to utah.

they noticed what you did to their brother, and nu has not recovered with their prized island recruits since.

Where the hell does Solich come into this???!! I was replying to his opinion that Coach Bo can't recruit out of Hawaii.

On top of it all, Hawk's approach is far more attractive to the Polynesians than Mr. Personality Bo Pelini.

Way to totally twist chit around to fit your agenda. However, I expect nothing less coming from you! :finger:

Where the hell does Solich come into this???!! I was replying to his opinion that Coach Bo can't recruit out of Hawaii.

it came into it as soon as ya got smarmy with a "based on what?"

since you seem to have forgotten, that was the beginning of your pipeline woes, because they were not there during some of nu's greatest years.

Blackshirts said:
Way to totally twist chit around to fit your agenda. However, I expect nothing less coming from you!

:lol: did a buff fan run over your dog today, or something? or did you lose about two layers of skin? that seems a little :cry: and butt-bruised.

just an observation :devil:

it came into it as soon as ya got smarmy with a "based on what?"

since you seem to have forgotten, that was the beginning of your pipeline woes, because they were not there during some of nu's greatest years.

:lol: did a buff fan run over your dog today, or something? or did you lose about two layers of skin? that seems a little :cry: and butt-bruised.

just an observation :devil:

Nope just your typical bullchit. That's all. :thumbsup: I am also tired and sick of hearing about this FLDS and also seeing these creepy women in those dresses and men named Jessup and Jeffs walk around with their unibrows!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope just your typical bullchit. That's all. :thumbsup: I am also tired and sick of hearing about this FLDS crap around here!

just so you know, your version of "bullchiting" comes off like:

a) a pouty twelve year old, addicted to red
b) capable of running mouth, incapable of dealing with what gets lobbed back
c) textbook fusker snobbery compounded by myopia

and quite possibly

d) all of the above.

:smile2:

edit, since you edited: the kids are going home.

just so you know, your version of "bullchiting" comes off like:

a) a pouty twelve year old, addicted to red
b) capable of running mouth, incapable of dealing with what gets lobbed back
c) textbook fusker snobbery compounded by myopia

and quite possibly

d) all of the above.

:smile2:

edit, since you edited: the kids are going home.

Hmmm running my mouth by correcting "your take" on my response to another person. Call it what you want I guess. "Myopia"...geesh had to dig deep for that one did ya? Sorry still not impressed.

* we interrupt this thread to bring the following public service announcement:

BEER BEER BEER :drink:

fight songitty song.

thank you. this interruption has only been a test.*

Hmmm running my mouth by correcting "your take" on my response to another person. Call it what you want I guess. "Myopia"...geesh had to dig deep for that one did ya? Sorry still not impressed.

i am observing the running mouth butt bruising based on your fantastically pettish response to sackman.

but really, it could be a pick em. we could practically play a game: choose your favorite blackshirt sandygine moment! vote now!!!! :thumbsup:

i am observing the running mouth butt bruising based on your fantastically pettish response to sackman.

but really, it could be a pick em. we could practically play a game: choose your favorite blackshirt sandygine moment! vote now!!!! :thumbsup:
Are you the biggest husker hater on this site? God bless you!

"and also seeing these creepy women in those dresses and men named Jessup and Jeffs walk around with their unibrows!"

That must make your life as a nebraska fan a constant struggle. I can hardly imagine your internal turmoil...

lb's gonna leave another fusker bleeding from various orifices.

and we aren't even close to kickoff yet! :smile2:

"and also seeing these creepy women in those dresses and men named Jessup and Jeffs walk around with their unibrows!"

That must make your life as a nebraska fan a constant struggle. I can hardly imagine your internal turmoil...

Well that made absolutly ZERO sense. Stick to wearing your wooden clogs and drinking Lambic Ale! :smile2:

Not hardly. I have heard more logical chit spewed from people who wear aluminum foil hats then from her.

hmmmm...so you are acknowledging that you ascribe to the information provided by people who wear aluminum foil hats...

interesting...

i guess that goes a long way toward establishing your credibility on this board..

:huh:

hmmmm...so you are acknowledging that you ascribe to the information provided by people who wear aluminum foil hats...

interesting...

i guess that goes a long way toward establishing your credibility on this board..

:huh:

Nope....I just deal with a lot of crazies on a daily basis. :wink2:

Well that made absolutly ZERO sense. Stick to wearing your wooden clogs and drinking Lambic Ale! :smile2:

Sorry if it wasn't clear. I was referencing the statistically significant overlap between husker fans, creepy women AND unibrows. I'll try to be less cryptic in the future. Back to my ale...

Not hardly. I have heard more logical chit spewed from people who wear aluminum foil hats then from her.

:lol: blackshirts, why do you seek out the tinfoil hat crowd?

with a proclivity that off-balanced, no wonder he does not have the ability to comprehend plain english. that, and the subpar education visited upon children of the corn.

:cool:

Last edited:
:lol: blackshirts, why do you seek out the tinfoil hat crowd?

with a proclivity that off-balanced, no wonder he does not have the ability to comprehend plain english. that, and the subpar education visited upon children of the corn.

Oh dear one I don't seek out the "tin foil crowd"....I am summons to them by way of 911 and a dispatcher......

Oh dear one I don't seek out the "tin foil crowd"....I am summons to them by way of 911 and a dispatcher......

dispatcher:hello 911 can i help you?

caller:yes...bad...aliens...foil cap not working...help please...

dispatcher:(hey merv...get a load of this guy...) what seems to be the problem sir?

caller:they're here! they're everywhere....

dispatcher:(hey merv...whaddya think, another blackshirts call?...roust him from the donut house?...heh heh...) please stay on the line sir...we are sending someone out to help you...

Back