What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell introductory press conference (on now)

Thank the old coaches for recruiting the incoming class isn't discussing his vision for recruiting

I like him, he's genuine. I think if he can put together a staff, he could be really good. The short off season will possibly be tough to get the guys he wants, but I'm liking what I hear so far.

As skeptical (even angry) as I have become when hearing coachspeak, I actually thought "dream job" resonated as authentic and sincere from Dorrell.

He built a home here long before he had this job-I believe KD when he makes a comment like that.

I like him, he's genuine. I think if he can put together a staff, he could be really good. The short off season will possible be tough to get the guys he wants, but I'm liking what I hear so far.

Gotta think he's retaining Chev, Mick, and Hagan for sure.

Thank the old coaches for recruiting the incoming class isn't discussing his vision for recruiting
He acknowledged the importance and knew our class rank.

It is not his top priority, though, like it was with Tucker and how it was for Hawkins in the beginning. How it was for Embree.

I do believe he cares about it a lot more than MacIntyre based on talking about needing the players and knowing how important a #36 class was this year.

I think it can be a fine line for a new coach. His first priority has got to be winning the current locker room. They want to hear about development & family, being able to win now -- not that recruiting has to get better so we can get better players in here.

He acknowledged the importance and knew our class rank.

It is not his top priority, though, like it was with Tucker and how it was for Hawkins in the beginning. How it was for Embree.

I do believe he cares about it a lot more than MacIntyre based on talking about needing the players and knowing how important a #36 class was this year.

I think it can be a fine line for a new coach. His first priority has got to be winning the current locker room. They want to hear about development & family, being able to win now -- not that recruiting has to get better so we can get better players in here.

Fair enough, I guess

I guess I'm not concerned yet about the lack of recruiting talk yet, but if someone asks him a direct question about it, he better not evade it.

We're going to recruit the areas that have naturally been very productive for us.

Mentions:
1. Colorado
2. California
3. Texas
4. Louisiana
5. Western Region where the conference is
6. Other "spot" recruiting such as his personal connects in Florida, but not the focus

Nik beat to me to the recruiting post. On coaches, KD said he's going to get started this afternoon on that.

We're going to recruit the areas that have naturally been very productive for us.

Mentions:
1. Colorado
2. California
3. Texas
4. Louisiana
5. Western Region where the conference is
6. Other "spot" recruiting such as his personal connects in Florida, but not the focus
I liked his answer. I mean he does know what worked for them here so that's a plus at least.

Back