What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell introductory press conference (on now)

There is no perfect scenario. Every place has restrictions on what you can do. Better thing to focus is not on any restrictions, but on working together to find out what we can do.

I have everything I need to build this staff. I'm flattered by the budget that has been given to me.

I've clearly stated my happiness with hire on the other thread but after watching this PC, I'm now 100% convinced that we hired the right guy for this job. Karl Dorrell is no mercenary chasing the biggest paycheck. He is a good and decent man who now has his dream job where he had already bought a home. Karl Dorrell is home now and I'm so happy about that. He is going to do big things here.

Explains why he hadn't been back in college. Said that other opportunities didn't have the things you need (staff budget, recruiting budget, facilities) to win along with those other things like CU-Boulder has that make it special.

Last edited:
I am pretty impressed with him just as a guy in general. I like what he had to say and how he said it regarding CU, his dream job, recruiting, teaching. Overall, I'd give his press conference an 8 out 10. Doesn't mean anything in terms of on-field success but he won me over today.

Just missed the presser, but according to posts here, he didn't mention Arizona as a prime recruiting area? Would have been good, noting the apparent unease of our 4 star DE.

Nothing in that press conference to dislike. You can tell he truly cares about the program and its players. That is not something he is spewing.

Again, this all boils down to who he brings in for AC's and how he will recruit. I'm on the bandwagon.

I thought it was interesting how he spoke about his offense and defense. Sounds like he will keep the 3-4, or variation in place for that. I do like the balanced attack on offense approach. I have never been a guy who prefers one way or another as you limit yourself extremely that way.

Back