What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Man I made the mistake of going to one of the MSU boards. Seems to be be filled with a bunch of new money a-holes who seem to think we're being too whiny about them destroying our program.

Leach doesn’t.
You're right on that - for some reason I thought he was closer to 50/50. But then went looking.

I do know that some author in the past few years really broke down the air raid, and showed that it really wasn't that far skewed from "average" numbers in terms of run/pass. It was weighted a little more towards the pass, but not by nearly as much as people think.

Either way, I really don't think Boulder is the best place for an air raid system.

This came across my LinkedIn feed and I found it somewhat comforting.

Attachments

• 1582313440892.png
    1582313440892.png
    823.2 KB · Views: 76
I don’t want Air Raid at CU and I thought that’s what Harrell would run. But SC’s offense was fairly balanced. 514 PA vs 391 RA. Wash St., on the other hand, was 710-210.

Depends on what version of the Air Raid CU goes to-The Leach version (where a run play=a bubble screen)? I don't love that, even though we probably have the talent to do it everywhere but possibly the OL. If we're going to do it and model it on what USC or Oklahoma does (I've heard Klatt talk about how Lincoln Riley has put his own touches on it), I've got a pretty open mind. Both Harrell and Grinch are really high on the list of guys I'd want to see us visit with at this point in the process-and I'm sure we'll have some idea for guys Rick and Lance are going to want to interview on Monday.

Depends on what version of the Air Raid CU goes to-The Leach version (where a run play=a bubble screen)? I don't love that, even though we probably have the talent to do it everywhere but possibly the OL. If we're going to do it and model it on what USC or Oklahoma does (I've heard Klatt talk about how Lincoln Riley has put his own touches on it), I've got a pretty open mind. Both Harrell and Grinch are really high on the list of guys I'd want to see us visit with at this point in the process-and I'm sure we'll have some idea for guys Rick and Lance are going to want to interview on Monday.
Harrell and Grinch...
tenor.gif

You're right on that - for some reason I thought he was closer to 50/50. But then went looking.

I do know that some author in the past few years really broke down the air raid, and showed that it really wasn't that far skewed from "average" numbers in terms of run/pass. It was weighted a little more towards the pass, but not by nearly as much as people think.

Either way, I really don't think Boulder is the best place for an air raid system.
Read an article where Harrell said he believes you need to have a power running game to win big games. Whether he runs “Air Raid” might be semantics. I meant I don’t want Leach’s offense at CU. F08E9F7A-EA76-4B39-8302-A52D1A6A9D66.jpeg

Guess no coach until next week. I’m up in Estes Park today and tomorrow before heading home. I know some of you are skiers and snowboarders...why not just hit the slopes this weekend? Even a quick trip to the mountains would be good or a nice long car drive to somewhere you haven’t been to or not have been to in a long time, why not do it?

And there’s Tad Ball.

Harrell and Grinch...
tenor.gif

If Graham Harrell spurned an overture from Texas to stay at USC (where he knows his boss is getting fired after this season) as OC, he's not coming here under Alex Grinch. If Harrell, DC is a far more important hire-Walters? Chev probably gets the OC title back in name only. If Grinch, Chev or Eric Morris (HC at FCS Incarnate Word).

If Graham Harrell spurned an overture from Texas to stay at USC (where he knows his boss is getting fired after this season) as OC, he's not coming here under Alex Grinch. If Harrell, DC is a far more important hire-Walters? Chev probably gets the OC title back in name only. If Grinch, Chev or Eric Morris (HC at FCS Incarnate Word).
To be fair, his boss at Texas would likely be fired too.

That didn't stop Borghi from gashing us for a 40+ yd run to go with his 100 yd game last year.

Guess no coach until next week. I’m up in Estes Park today and tomorrow before heading home. I know some of you are skiers and snowboarders...why not just hit the slopes this weekend? Even a quick trip to the mountains would be good or a nice long car drive to somewhere you haven’t been to or not have been to in a long time, why not do it?

And there’s Tad Ball.

Praise Tad we still have Boyle. Great coach, and a phenomenal dude. Hope he coaches in Boulder until he retires.

Jim Mora is terrible. We’d absolutely be scraping the bottom of the barrel hiring him. Like Lame Kiffin, he’s failed up his whole career until now all because his daddy was an nfl coach.

I’ve loved CU all my life but attended Hawai’i and Missouri St respectively for college. Both hired coaches this offseason. UH got Todd Graham (formerly of ASU) and MoState got Bobby Petrino.
Pretty sad that CU far outshines both institutions but is coming up so short in the coaching search, can’t even hire guys on par with these schools.

Did those two guys get hired a week after signing day? Not nearly comparable to the situation CU is currently in.

If the choice is between Troy Calhoun who went 11-2 with Airforce and Graham Harrell. I will take Troy Calhoun. Surround him with good recruiters and coordinators. Keep Summers, Hagan and Chev.

And there’s Tad Ball.
Quick trip to the mountains? 🤣

I don’t want Air Raid at CU and I thought that’s what Harrell would run. But SC’s offense was fairly balanced. 514 PA vs 391 RA. Wash St., on the other hand, was 710-210.
Look at his play calling at NTSU.

Back