What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Not any better. Embree won 3 games in 2 years and cratered this program to unthinkable levels of ineptitude. Dorrell won 7 games/year on average at UCLA and had a 10 win season. Recruited in the 20s with an outlier season at 57. Just stop.
Well, when you put it that way...

You are all over the place. I can’t follow. Notwithstanding Chiv, rate the hire 1-10. Then maybe I can understand.
I say 3. 4 would be a stretch. You?
7 or 8 with the fact he knows the area, great recruiter, NFL connections, West Coast roots, keeps DC and Hagan, and will stay as long as he is successful.
He is in my lane and fits nicely.
RG is pulling out a good rabbit

Overall this was a safe and average hire for CU. I think that is why people are upset. The program needed to take a risk at this point, Alex Grinch, Graham Harrell or Ryan Walters would all have been "a risk" but a risk this program needed to take. Rick George said lets be 6-6 or 7-5 and get Karl Dorrell. I guess 6-6 is better than 5-7? However shows no nuts and shuts the door on the buffs program as a whole. Average at CU is the best we're gonna get and we have to be ok with that. Sure he was ok at UCLA and an NFL assistant forever. He also had one year in the SEC were his offense went 0-8 and was fired. All in all we are going to be ok, average and maybe even get to a bowl game. We still live in Colorado so that's cool. Rick George is cool average dude.

So, homerun hire?
Depends on how old you are...If you were in Folsom and watched a Crowder coached team. This all started in 94, Miles, Barnett or Dinardo should've been handed the torch, instead we got Ricky who went 20-4 with Mac's players. Coach movements were not headline material, they moved for a purpose. ie coach Mac a DC who earned the opportunity at a time when there wasn't the public awareness of success.

Not any better. Embree won 3 games in 2 years and cratered this program to unthinkable levels of ineptitude. Dorrell won 7 games/year on average at UCLA and had a 10 win season. Recruited in the 20s with an outlier season at 57. Just stop.

Good arugment for Dorrell but my concern is he's coached 1 year of college football over the past 12 seasons. Sure it has worked out well with Herm so far but that is an outlier.

I don’t disagree but what does that tell us about Dorrell? He had to go toe to toe with a college football power and got crushed which i guess says we should be glad we hired him when USC is down?

USC was breaking the rules to get recruits during his tenure as head coach though which led them to getting sanctioned and restrictions being placed on them which is probably one of the reasons they’re down now.

If we are paying him 4mil for 5 years, that is the ultimate hand-to-face moment. Dorrell has no leverage given that his career has been in the morgue for over a decade.

You are all over the place. I can’t follow. Notwithstanding Chiv, rate the hire 1-10. Then maybe I can understand.
I say 3. 4 would be a stretch. You?
A high 3, but a 3. Rick George's nuts got a little bit smaller right before this hire. I'm excited that we can be .500 just not a sexy hire at all.

USC was breaking the rules to get recruits during his tenure as head coach though which led them to getting sanctioned and restrictions being placed on them which is probably one of the reasons they’re down now.
That is not the reason they are down now.

Holy ****.

I guess it's time to find out if the recruiting infrastructure that MT put in place will work absent MT.

It is scary as **** that CU hired a guy who has only coached (and recruited) one season out of the past 13 in college. The recruiting game is so much different than it was in 2007. hiring good recruiters is going to be CRITICAL.

Holy ****.

I guess it's time to find out if the recruiting infrastructure that MT put in place will work absent MT.

It is scary as **** that CU hired a guy who has only coached (and recruited) one season out of the past 13 in college. The recruiting game is so much different than it was in 2007. hiring good recruiters is going to be CRITICAL.
As long as Chiv stays I'm not going to panic.

I think I'm at like a 5 with good assistant hires could go up or down a couple.

I'm also totally blindsided by him so maybe I just need a few hours to warm up to hating the hire. We'll see

Holy ****.

As much **** as this board gives Chev, he’s been our recruiting coordinator for like 3 seasons now and is a pretty good recruiter himself with big time relationships in CA and TX. They will need to bring in better recruiters at other positions obviously, but Chev is a huge asset on this staff and someone who I think can bridge any gap with Dorrell getting back in the recruiting game.

Back