What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I freaked a little bit when Melvin Huckster took the MSU job, but I thought: "Wait, we have a pro filling the AD spot, it is going to be tough, but the job will be done". For the first time today, I am starting to get a bad feeling.

I blame JR.

Imagining Coaching Staffs:
Sarkisian OC - Major Applewhite DC - Mike Stoops (Both Analysts at Alabama)
Wilcox OC - Musgrave DC - DeRuyter (Current staff)

Huge difference between Melvin and EB-Let me explain. I think people who have put out feelers on Melvin have gotten scared away from him for a couple of reasons. One, he talks a really good game-and then can't back it up. Example: He came in here and had us thinking we were getting James Coley (above average OC and damn good recruiter) and Dan Lanning (promising young coach). Both turned him down. Two, he comes off as a guy who will always be looking for the next best thing-That explains why he was a coach for 2 decades and didn't have much in terms of interest to be an HC. People meet him and think I can't trust that this snake is going to actually commit to building a program here.

EB's situation is soooooooooo much different-He's got one of the best jobs in football right now. He's a coordinator for an offense that is an absolute machine, and he's working with the best QB in football at this time BY FAR. Its not that far fetched that Reid retires and they promote him if they win another Super Bowl. That's also part of the reason why he comes off as not being real concerned about getting an HC job-Being the OC in Kansas City and a potential successor to Andy Reid is a better gig right now than pretty much any of the openings we saw in the NFL outside of maybe the Cowboys job. If he's going to say no, he'll publicly do it and not backtrack and then take the gig. Would that be a bad look? If he were the OC in Cincinnati/the Jets/some other joke of an NFL team, yes. He's not-he's the OC for a team that has next great dynasty potential. I'm not going to be flipping out if he publicly says no-just like I wouldn't flip out if I were a Kent State fan and they offered alum Nick Saban their HC job.

I saw this in a post on this subject on 247 and it makes sense to me with a couple caveats-A poster over there hypothesized that EB got a back of the napkin offer to return in the meeting Jake Shapiro said he had with Lance last week. It makes sense given our intent to at least reach out to EB was public so quickly after the midnight ride of Melvin Tucker-we're telling him we're serious about you coming back and we're going to do everything in our power to make sure you succeed (ie-Here's what we can pay you, here's what your assistant pool is, etc. We'll give you some time to think about it and network to see who you think is interested in joining you staffwise but we'd like to have a coach in place by the end of next week. It probably involves something similar to the counter they were going to pitch to Melvin). I'm sure he's communicated this to the Chiefs FO and the Walrus. If he's as valuable to the Chiefs organization as they say he is, they may counter with a raise/increase in authority or language in his contract that says EB takes over when Andy Reid retires-if he stays with them which isn't too far off. That explains what Chase said on 247 yesterday. He might still be thinking over things or there might be something the Chiefs gave him he doesn't like-which explains Klis' tweet saying he's not out of consideration at CU.

Thanks. So EB is likely a no go. Well, I really had him no better than third on my list. (As if that mattered).

So Sark or Wilcox, maybe Anderson, beyond that, I cannot think of another name I have heard that does much for me.

Heard different things on Blake Anderson-There's obviously the footballscoop report, but Adam said in a response to a post of mine on 247 yesterday saying he hadn't heard much about him being a candidate for this job among his sources (mods-apologize if this violates the 24 hour rule).

Heard different things on Blake Anderson-There's obviously the footballscoop report, but Adam said in a response to a post of mine on 247 yesterday saying he hadn't heard much about him being a candidate for this job among his sources (mods-apologize if this violates the 24 hour rule).
Hmm. I have appreciated Anderson's coaching. I think he is going to get a P5 HC job one day and be a success. He seems to do more with less at Arky St. year in and year out. Someone eventually will take a flyer on him. If he came to CU I would be pretty pleased, but honestly, I would rather have Sark or Wilcox because of their experience and west coast ties.

Hmm. I have appreciated Anderson's coaching. I think he is going to get a P5 HC job one day and be a success. He seems to do more with less at Arky St. year in and year out. Someone eventually will take a flyer on him. If he came to CU I would be pretty pleased, but honestly, I would rather have Sark or Wilcox because of their experience and west coast ties.

I'd probably go 1) Wilcox and 2) Sark. On the fact that they've started spring ball-McElwain and CMU did too over the weekend. I don't think thats a dealbreaker.

Anyone that wanted him or thought he would actually take the job is thick in the skull
giphy.gif

The Regents will be fine. A few might make some noise about taking the money we would pay the coach and using it to cure cancer, but we still have a majority of non morons on the BoR.

and frankly, we have RG to thank for that. The fact that the AD has run at a surplus for the last several years gives dipshits like Kroll a lot less to gripe about.

I don't want McElwain any more than anyone else, but I find the idea that he's a "CSU retread" funny. He did well there and parlayed his success into a gig at a top notch program.

He didn't get the job done at Florida, and I question his ability to sustain a successful program, but he's a "Florida retread", not a CSU one. CSU would kill to have a guy like McElwain there again.

I don't want McElwain any more than anyone else, but I find the idea that he's a "CSU retread" funny. He did well there and parlayed his success into a gig at a top notch program.

He didn't get the job done at Florida, and I question his ability to sustain a successful program, but he's a "Florida retread", not a CSU one. CSU would kill to have a guy like McElwain there again.
YEah, my issues with him have nothing to do with coaching at CSU. Just more of his ability to recruit.

Has the flight tracking ever actually amounted to anything? IIRC, it didn’t when people freaked out about RG being mentioned for Illinois AD position and it certainly didn’t with Tucker.

Back