What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

The Alabaster Yak

Club Member
Club Member
Well. Mel Tucker has deceived everyone associated with CU by publicly stating he was committed to this program and parading around the local media, only to agree to a deal to become Michigan States next Head Coach. Our beloved Buffs are back to searching for a new Head Coach at a time of the year where the candidate pool is extremely slim.

Who are the options? Chev as an interim for the season? Bienemy? Go find another coordinator? Dave Logan??

off the top of my head:

Bieniemy
Andy Avalos DC Oregon (probably too young, but that defense was sick)
Alex Grinch DC Oklahoma (took a gut shot at Ohio St Oklahoma was solid with eh playoffs)
Morgan Scalley DC Utah was a broyles finalist, but he's just been at Utah forever

ughhhhhhhh this is so bad, everyone decent has a job. Tucker really ****ed us

I’m in total shock. Unbelievable. Bieniemy is my #1 choice I guess but man, does it even matter anymore? I’ll always root for our Buffs but this is the most defeated I’ve ever felt in my 33 years of fandom.

Last edited:
Scooter has to be the first guy RG calls. If he says no, I'd call Blake Anderson from Arkansas State. I'll pass on another ambitious coordinator looking to use us a stepping stone to a better gig. We're a power 5 school and one of the 25-30 winningest programs in the sport. A guy who wants to be here is the biggest thing.

Bienemy keeps the recruiting class going, theoretically will stay awhile and has huge credit with recruits as Mahomes OC. The only choice as far as I’m concerned.
The fact he hasn't landed a HC job and lots of people question how much he actually calls play is a little telling tho ...

The fact he hasn't landed a HC job and lots of people question how much he actually calls play is a little telling tho ...

Doug Pedersen didn't call plays for the Chiefs. He's a pretty successful coach with Philly. EB would be my first call and if he doesn't come-Blake Anderson would be who I'd want. I'll pass on another hotshot coordinator. Anderson has been at Arkansas State a while, won fairly consistently there, and seems like a very high character guy.

Not Bieniemy... Not after the Embree era went so poorly. Nothing worked on any level. I'd prefer Chiaverini, but I don't think he's ready for the head job yet either...

I'm not sure how you even do a full search this time of year? Such an unenviable position to be in.

Scooter has to be the first guy RG calls. If he says no, I'd call Blake Anderson from Arkansas State. I'll pass on another ambitious coordinator looking to use us a stepping stone to a better gig. We're a power 5 school and one of the 25-30 winningest programs in the sport. A guy who wants to be here is the biggest thing.
Mel Tucker " wanted to be here" as well.

well RG's list last time was

MT
Jimmy Lake
Ryan Day

so I wouldn't throw coordinators out too early. It was always likely MT would move on, it's likely anyone we hire will probably move on and up if things go well. Just nobody saw it after 1 5 win season..

Tony Elliott from Clemson's the only Power 5 coordinator I'd even consider honestly

They all want to be here (until bigger checks start getting offered)

why would some guy from Arkansas suddenly be different? Hell, I bet EB would ditch if the opportunity was right too. It is what it is. Just hire the best ****ing guy we can get and worry about the rest down the road.

If it's true that MSU, a mid tier B10 team, can straight up double MT's salary as well as double the assistant coach pool, it's a reality we'll have to live with.

I knew I should’ve questioned Tucker’s sincerity when I watched the video of him telling Jayle Stacks he was the “main event” on the same day Ashaad Clayton signed.

Last edited:
Back