What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I trust RG to get this right and that does not mean - Dave Logan, or Chev.

I would eve consider Urban Meyer (not happening), EB would be a good choice, IMO. But at this point almost every candidate will have worts.

I'm holding out for Belichick personally.

Me too... plus anyone involved with the 86' Browns staff is welcome as an assistant, even if they became a GM instead of a coach!! At this point, we need the evil empire.

I'm sort of warming to EB, if he is willing to come. Especially, if he has further assurances from Andy Reid for a moral assist, should things become difficult. At least with EB, we know the players will just play p*****d all next season with a gigantic chip on their shoulder.

Too bad, Reggie Dunlap passed away.

Last edited:
Harsin is my realistic candidate I wouldn’t be happy or pissed about

the Boise thing makes my toes curl and i did not at all like the mickey mouse offense he ran at Texas but i could get over both those things and give him a chance. given the situation.

I could be sold on Logan. With chev as the coach In waiting. He might be able to calm things down.
Everything I hear is chev ain’t ready. But at least he’d be committed

Let me get this straight, Chev (former OC and AHC at a P5 school) isn't ready, but a guy who hasn't coached above a Colorado high school level is?

giphy.gif

I'm gonna trust RG in the coaching decision because I think he hired well last time, but the next HC contract should have a buy-out amount so obscenely high that whomever poaches our coach after one year should feel it financially for a decade!

I'm gonna trust RG in the coaching decision because I think he hired well last time, but the next HC contract should have a buy-out amount so obscenely high that whomever poaches our coach after one year should feel it financially for a decade!

It is fine to wish for such an obscene buy-out, but that does not happen unless the deal for the HC is sky high, both in $$, asst. salaries, years, and payout should they be fired. Unfortunately, MSU or another SEC/B1B would have just paid $500K, $750K, $1M if they wanted the Buffs coach. Larry Scott really screwed things up.

As a Saints fan, he would be great. He’s interviewed for a few NFL jobs the last couple of years so I doubt it’s realistic.

I was really hoping Miami was going to name him as HC following his interim stint there. I think he would be a KILLER college HC. Same issue as EB though, he will bounce as soon as a NFL team comes calling.

Shanahan's offense is way too complex for the college game.
He'd have to dumb it down a bit and make it more college friendly, but he did that with RG3 in Washington. He's a great offensive mind who would undoubtedly be an elite game day coach. Can he recruit? He would be like Herm Edwards at ASU and essentially take the CEO role of the program and have to hire a great staff that knows what they're doing in recruiting.

I'm leaning towards Chev. Just hand over the reigns, give him 5 years and see what happens.
Great recruiter, alumni, good resume, knows the system well.

Let me bakc up...IF we cannot get a top tier proven P5 coach, THEN we go wiht Chev and just give it time to build....AGAIN....ugh...

I was really hoping Miami was going to name him as HC following his interim stint there. I think he would be a KILLER college HC. Same issue as EB though, he will bounce as soon as a NFL team comes calling.
Not a problem, since we're in rent a coach mode.

Back