What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

If RG could come up with 5 for MT, he should be able to find 6 or 7 for Urban - that would do it.
Lol just an extra few million or two more than they were able to maybe get to keep Tucker. What about Urban's assistant pool that would have to be top 15 in the country. It would take a few serious power brokers and boosters to be pissed off at Tucker and open the check book and fund that kind of move. Too bad that bitcoin guy who loved CU is going to prison

Lol just an extra few million or two more than they were able to maybe get to keep Tucker. What about Urban's assistant pool that would have to be top 15 in the country. It would take a few serious power brokers and boosters to be pissed off at Tucker and open the check book and fund that kind of move. Too bad that bitcoin guy who loved CU is going to prison
I'm not saying it would be easy, but I would rather make a big splash and continue the build (Urban would get us to a bowl game and potentially PAC 12 South championship game immediately = that would bring in a a few million and we already get 3M from MSU). You have to spend money to make money. Recruits are not going to stay or sign for a hire like Blake Anderson who amassed a 47-30 record at Arkansas State, so why not shoot for the moon/Urban...

RG will name an interim HC today, someone to lead the team while he conducts the search for the next few weeks.

Summers or Chev, probably in that order, is who I expect to get the short term interim gig.
Kap?

Bunch of people calling into KOA telling Dave to consider the job if CU comes calling.

To Dave's credit, he understands that he is not THE guy in Boulder. He knows that a large portion of the fan bases would be pissed off if CU hired a high school coach. He also knows that the call isn't coming.

who cares....
giphy.gif

Why would Eric Bieniemy come here?
I don't come on here often - usually after the latest disaster we keep getting into but I don't understand why everyone thinks Bieniemy would come here. He WILL be a NFL head coach in the next few years unless everyone thinks the KC offense is suddenly going in the toilet. So he has a couple options - stay in KC with a possible future hall of fame QB until the right NFL spot opens up or come back to CU to try and save a floundering program on life support. We all love CU but lets be real - we haven't been relevant in a long time. I can't understand why he would take door #2. I assume he wants to step up, not down. Not to mention - he was already here and it was a disaster. Have we all forgotten how bad that experiment was? I don't know what the right answer is but all the Bienemy talk seems crazy to me.

Bunch of people calling into KOA telling Dave to consider the job if CU comes calling.

To Dave's credit, he understands that he is not THE guy in Boulder. He knows that a large portion of the fan bases would be pissed off if CU hired a high school coach. He also knows that the call isn't coming.
People were also calling for CU to fire Tucker when the initial reports of this came out over the weekend. Never mind the buyout CU would have paid to can him.

People are stupid.

Truth to be told, I am having a really hard time seeing a good way out of this and think there's very little chance this doesn't set us back at least two years even if we do get this right. Only positives are the large 2020 class has been signed, sealed and delivered and the 2021 one is a fairly small one from what I've heard, but the best way out of this might be to name an interim for the 2020 season and hire a new permanent coach when the market isn't about as dry as it possibly could be. And that interim needs to stay an interim. Finding a new permanent HC that can really lead this program forward in the middle of February is just about impossible, especially when you consider our resources.

This is real bad. Just when you thought we'd caught a few breaks by firing HCMM in a year where few big-time schools were looking for a new coach and when things were beginning to look up ... just a little.

Truth to be told, I am having a really hard time seeing a good way out of this and think there's very little chance this doesn't set us back at least two years even if we do get this right. Only positives are the large 2020 class has been signed, sealed and delivered and the 2021 one is a fairly small one from what I've heard, but the best way out of this might be to name an interim for the 2020 season and hire a new permanent coach when the market isn't about as dry as it possibly could be. And that interim needs to stay an interim. Finding a new permanent HC that can really lead this program forward in the middle of February is just about impossible, especially when you consider our resources.

This is real bad. Just when you thought we'd caught a few breaks by firing HCMM in a year where few big-time schools were looking for a new coach and when things were beginning to look up ... just a little.

The 2020 class has been signed. Nothing to prevent those recruits from asking out or not enrolling

The entire P5 coordinator pool is at RG's disposal. Interim coach would essentially mean a wasted 2021 class. RG will make the right decision and go find a permanent coach.

Back