What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

The staff has likely been reviewing all the previous years games, players, and spring ball plans. The DC is still here, and the Associate Coach is still here. Missing are the OC, OL, and DL coaches. Replace them and continue with the same training plans. Pay Drew Wilson big time money to maintain the gains these guys have made, replace those coaches, and run with the plan that was in place. That is what 95% efficiency means!!! MT was the other 5% and he is gone.
This sounds like something Adam Neumann would do.

JFC, CU is so small time now and Saban is a scumbag.

This program is a monty python sketch. TC or BB would be a disaster, chev isn't ready or qualified yet. Being a buff fan is truly exhausting.

Saban did what Saban can do. He isn't a scumbag, he's a business man that has the capital resources to win. MSU is a scumbag institution, but not for paying Tucker what they did. Money talks and the Pac-12 walks.

Well, not where I expected us to be. I am on the Chev bandwagon now. Don't really want to be.
He wants to be here, he wants to be a BUFF.
Pay him, settle things down, help save this class, it seems most of the kids like him.
RG and LC do some searches and help him fill his staff, with young up and comers.

Can we ever catch a break? Ugh. Snake bitten. Cursed. Destined to remain mediocre. The only way to preserve what is here is to give it to Chiv....continuity has value. None of the other candidates bring much to the table.
Emotions over the past two weeks: Shocked, then pissed, then hopeful, then disappointed, then hopeful again...to.....We are Fu_ked.....

Yep, just give it to Chev and use the $$$ for his assistants and coordinators. We'll never have nice things at CU.

If he's getting near 4m per year pretty much everyone is small time.
This.

CU is still better off, financially, than most college athletic departments.

My concern is that this kind of thing gives ammunition to the Jack Krolls of the world. I mean, ****, think of how much cancer could be cured with the money Alabama and MSU are throwing at their coaching staffs!

Folks, I do not give two ****s about your opinion on how this will work out, but if I were CU, just like many other schools who were put in this spot, you have to promote DC right now so that you can hold onto your players, and my point about efficiency is that you HAD something going pretty good with MT in terms of culture, infrastructure, process, S&C, and other things. If you go hire TC or any other coach, you have to rebuild all of that again! I was a High School and College Soccer Coach and had a lot of success due to process and procedures. I have spoken about the 3 year plan of success that I used multiple times to win State Championships and Conference Championships. We were heading down a good path, do not just jump off that path to hire an outsider. If RG and LC are good people, then turn your attention inward and build an organization that thrives within, and not one that requires an outside person to get paid $4 million to go down their path, and if things sour then they leave in the middle of the night, or they show you a picture of a ****ing buffalo walking against the snow.

DC is our coach right now and should be given the chance to keep this organization moving in the right direction.

Folks, I do not give two ****s about your opinion on how this will work out, but if I were CU, just like many other schools who were put in this spot, you have to promote DC right now so that you can hold onto your players, and my point about efficiency is that you HAD something going pretty good with MT in terms of culture, infrastructure, process, S&C, and other things. If you go hire TC or any other coach, you have to rebuild all of that again! I was a High School and College Soccer Coach and had a lot of success due to process and procedures. I have spoken about the 3 year plan of success that I used multiple times to win State Championships and Conference Championships. We were heading down a good path, do not just jump off that path to hire an outsider. If RG and LC are good people, then turn your attention inward and build an organization that thrives within, and not one that requires an outside person to get paid $4 million to go down their path, and if things sour then they leave in the middle of the night, or they show you a picture of a ****ing buffalo walking against the snow.

DC is our coach right now and should be given the chance to keep this organization moving in the right direction.
I don't know why you continually talk about saving the class. If CU doesn't want to give them a release then there's nothing they can do. You are seriously misinformed on this.

9 months with a coach they like is better than 4-5 years of some bum

You totally missed my point. If they're not willing to give the gig to DC on a full time basis (you can probably set yourself up to where you can let him go for $3m if he's Jon Embree 2.0), he shouldn't be a candidate at all. This program, this fanbase, and these young men deserve better than four coaching searches in four years. You guys spent all of last night conveying the importance of recruiting because I had the gall to say "Sure, I'm fine with a Troy Calhoun hire if it happens" and you now want to go with Chev for a year and do this again in 9 months? JFC.

Back