What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Can not wait for the basketball game tonight. I expect a rowdy crowd. See all of you there or is shoulder to shoulder only on the football field?

If MSU was trying to poach Fickell and his wife said no, seems he’s approachable. She might love Boulder over Cincinnati. Has this name been brought up in a bazillion posts of doom and gloom?

If the MSU money wasn’t enough to persuade him to bolt in February, I don’t think CU has a shot.

If you thought this search was locked down before today, watch this.
I don't mind the lockdown, it likely helps expand the search radius. But I won't be spending more days like today, when we expected some kind of announcement and I constantly updated these pages.

Dan Hawkins, Jon Embree and Mike McIntyre are probably laughing their asses off right now with the rest of the country.
Dan Hawkins makes less than Ross Els currently - I doubt he has much to laugh about right now. I’m sure he has a great reading list he’d share though!

If the MSU money wasn’t enough to persuade him to bolt in February, I don’t think CU has a shot.
Never know until you try. Report I read was his wife didn’t like MSU due to moral issues. The wife has some say in this decision obviously. Maybe she wants to raise her kids in god’s country opposed to Cincy. Why not try?

SIAP or something similar (not directed at you per se, but towards this general emotion). Yes, not having a coach we can all get excited about is disappointing, but I think those of us that are wavering on support of the program need to ask why we're even fans. I for one, have not been a Buff Club member since the brick-campaign several years ago. I am on a work trip right now, and my credit card for some reason won't work online (maybe due to my international trip I have on my card). When I return home, I absolutely plan on becoming a Buff Club member again, because I feel the athletic department I love needs some money, even if it's just pennies on the dollar. I love CU not because we win all the time, obviously, but a more inherent reason - call it being a Coloradoan, an alum, having grown up a fan, etc. I hope all of you are also able to realize your fandom of CU athletics isn't based on wins/losses, as frustrating at the losses can be, but your fandom is more visceral. We are Buffs - shoulder to shoulder. I cannot stop being fan - doing so is as difficult as stopping to love someone. Go Buffs! Sure, I would have liked Sark, but I don't care who the coach is. Stick to your program.

That’s all fine and well and I felt that way last week when I called to renew my season tickets. But after today I’m just losing any love I have for college football, it’s just not fun anymore. Right now we are a unbelievable embarrassment to the entire country. We have no coach or really any assistants left to plan anything and spring practice starts on March 16th. It’s February 20th and after we got shunned by our head coach after signing day we got denied by our only real candidate to take a pay raise to stay at Alabama as a coordinator. Now we’re going to start over and spread the search? To what? Assistants? Position coaches? Let’s say we hire someone in a week, who the **** is he going to hire? There is no assistant pool to choose from and that usually takes a few weeks anyways. We have no playbook and no identity and we’re a 4 1/2 weeks from the start of spring practices. This is going to be an absolute **** show of epic proportions. This team is going to be so unprepared it’s unbelievable, add on trying to recruit to that **** show and all the transfers were going to have. I feel bad for these kids, they got royally ****ed hard in this situation. Next season is going to be so apathetic and you guys can try and be upbeat right now but it’s going to be hard to watch. How did we get here? I just can’t fathom how it got this bad this fast.

This isn’t an indictment of my lack of love for CU. This is me saying, “this isn’t fun and it affects my mood.”

When I saw the Sark news I just stared at the wall for awhile because it feels so unbelievable to be in this position. The crazy thing is it’s only going to get worse somehow, fathom that.

I should add what’s making me lose it is **** like Nick Saban. Being a “consultant” to identify gainfully employed coaches for other colleges to go after in February! How the **** is this not a violation? Why is Nick Saban tampering with coaching searches and giving out recommendations for employed coaches? That **** is ****ing whack! Then to add insult to injury he one ups us to keep us from hiring a coach by giving him a ludicrous contract for an assistant coach. Why? What the **** does he have against CU? Compound all of that and take a step back and realize it’s all about money and the gap is widening between divisions and conferences and it’s not fun. It’s like when the Yankees just bought all their championships, there’s no parity right now. I’m not saying parity is what we need but a semblance of competitiveness would be nice. We can probably all guess the 4 teams who will be in next years playoffs and in 2021, 2022, 2023 and so on.

it’s just adding up and ruining my enjoyment.

Last edited:
He can say no because he can possibly win 10+ games in 2020 and parlay that into USC’s job or something better

Gotta imagine UO is Wilcox's dream job... He's a UO grad, brother, dad- a football hall of famer-, and uncle all played there, grew up near there...

Don't see it coming open soon, but I've gotta think that he might try to make moves to get closer to that. Does jumping to CU and potentially winning more help? Will Oregon even open in the foreseeable future? Who knows.

That’s all fine and well and I felt that way last week when I called to renew my season tickets. But after today I’m just losing any love I have for college football, it’s just not fun anymore. Right now we are a unbelievable embarrassment to the entire country. We have no coach or really any assistants left to plan anything and spring practice starts on March 16th. It’s February 20th and after we got shunned by our head coach after signing day we got denied by our only real candidate to take a pay raise to stay at Alabama as a coordinator. Now we’re going to start over and spread the search? To what? Assistants? Position coaches? Let’s say we hire someone in a week, who the **** is he going to hire? There is no assistant pool to choose from and that usually takes a few weeks anyways. We have no playbook and no identity and we’re a 4 1/2 weeks from the start of spring practices. This is going to be an absolute **** show of epic proportions. This team is going to be so unprepared it’s unbelievable, add on trying to recruit to that **** show and all the transfers were going to have. I feel bad for these kids, they got royally ****ed hard in this situation. Next season is going to be so apathetic and you guys can try and be upbeat right now but it’s going to be hard to watch. How did we get here? I just can’t fathom how it got this bad this fast.

This isn’t an indictment of my lack of love for CU. This is me saying, “this isn’t fun and it affects my mood.”

When I saw the Sark news I just stared at the wall for awhile because it feels so unbelievable to be in this position. The crazy thing is it’s only going to get worse somehow, fathom that.

I should add what’s making me lose it is **** like Nick Saban. Being a “consultant” to identify gainfully employed coaches for other colleges to go after in February! How the **** is this not a violation? Why is Nick Saban tampering with coaching searches and giving out recommendations for employed coaches? That **** is ****ing whack! Then to add insult to injury he one ups us to keep us from hiring a coach by giving him a ludicrous contract for an assistant coach. Why? What the **** does he have against CU? Compound all of that and take a step back and realize it’s all about money and the gap is widening between divisions and conferences and it’s not fun. It’s like when the Yankees just bought all their championships, there’s no parity right now. I’m not saying parity is what we need but a semblance of competitiveness would be nice. We can probably all guess the 4 teams who will be in next years playoffs and in 2021, 2022, 2023 and so on.

it’s just adding up and ruining my enjoyment.
You gotta keep it together Buffrocks.

Back