What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Why are there so many leaks?

RG is not handling this process well. Hire a top assistant that is also a good recruiter and let us move on.

up next: Jim Mora Jr.....refreshed after taking a hiatus after ucla, divorced in the same time period, loves to mtn climb and hike.....can recruit the
hell out of the pac 12 footprint. JM loves boulder having spent time there when his pops coached at CU

up next: Jim Mora Jr.....refreshed after taking a hiatus after ucla, divorced in the same time period, loves to mtn climb and hike.....can recruit the
hell out of the pac 12 footprint. JM loves boulder having spent time there when his pops coached at CU
his Twitter page header is appropriate then

I mean he was hovering around 5-7 wins pretty consistently. Some big upset wins (Oklahoma, WVU) Not so bad right now..

UGA was a decent W for Hawk (also memorable for a nice games from Tyler Hanson and an Eric Kiesau OC calls.....but, that quickly disappeared)......the CU-WVU was pretty clear both teams were not very good, my recollection. windy as hell, too. though, i think WVU ended up winning 8 games or so. Good for them.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Sarkisian and thought he would be a good hire but his staying with Alabama showed that he didn't want to be here bad enough, which is better we found that out now, as it would have eventually been a problem...

I'd like to see us look more into Blake Anderson...

Reminds me of the coaching search after Embree was fired (a year too late). Several of our targets declined to even be considered - the comments that were returned were that it was too hard to win at CU. The problems revolved around Bohn’s lack of leadership - facilities, coaches pay, long term contracts, and an AD who did not have anyone’s back. Most of those problems have been fixed under Rick George but a few new ones have arisen namely the PAC 12 is not a competitive conference. ‘Financially behind and leadership who is not interested in competing at the highest levels. USC is a shadow of itself in football.

I think some coaches see this job as a high risk for their careers. You are then shopping at a lower tier of coaches. Calhoun is someone who may be your one of your best candidate - a proven coach who is not looking to be a high flyer in the SEC or Big 10. EB and Sark probably feel they want to pick their opportunity carefully.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I wanted Sarkisian and thought he would be a good hire but his staying with Alabama showed that he didn't want to be here bad enough, which is better we found that out now, as it would have eventually been a problem...

I'd like to see us look more into Blake Anderson...
What’s the appeal of Blake Anderson? He comes up occasionally and I don’t get it. 2 years as a P5 assistant under Larry Fedora otherwise a bunch of lower level assistant jobs and 6 years as an above average Sun Belt coach in Arkansas.

Jay Hill’s resume looks better to me and I’m far from falling in love with Jay Hill.

Reminds me of the coaching search after Hawkins was fired (a year too late). Several of our targets declined to even be considered - the comments that were returned were that it was too hard to win at CU. The problems revolved around Bohn’s lack of leadership - facilities, coaches pay, long term contracts, and an AD who did not have anyone’s back. Most of those problems have been fixed under Rick George but a few new ones have arisen namely the PAC 12 is not a competitive conference. ‘Financially behind and leadership who is not interested in competing at the highest levels. USC is a shadow of itself in football.

I think some coaches see this job as a high risk for their careers. You are then shopping at a lower tier of coaches. Calhoun is someone who may be your one of your best candidate - a proven coach who is not looking to be a high flyer in the SEC or Big 10. EB and Sark probably feel they want to pick their opportunity carefully.
Why is there this belief that Calhoun would not leave CU? Because he has been at Air Force for a long time? Well if he comes here, he's proving that he's willing to leave for greener pastures.

So from what I heard it really is a reset:

RG has a multiple senior events to attend.
Calls will be made.
Official interviews will being again Monday and Tuesday.

I think names safe to scratch off the list include: Sark, EB, Calhoun and Bielma. I think if it were any of the three they would be coach now.

Back