What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

FWIW, my brother in law is currently in the NFL and was with KD at the Jets. Said the guy is absolutely awesome, my bro in law doesn't pretend to know anything about CU or recruiting to CU or any of our specific challenges that come with it, but, said players will love him.

Interesting you’ve heard that “it wasn’t well received” by players because I’m sitting next to one right now and he has only seen what’s on Twitter.

weird they would only notify certain players and not all. Especially a senior.
and that player next to you thinks about the hire?.......

I am really intrigued by the hire. I am way more on the positive side with him then I have been about most of the candidates. I like it but not giddy about it. I do think we still can get good recruiting classes. Probably better than last years even. I guess we’ll see but at least I am optimistic

I see a merit in this hire, a little old school, a great deal of knowledge and a person that could under the right situation...who knows.
As an old Buff there are worse options available, I see what Herm's doing at HPVu and he's a boomer.

I have an open mind about this. I was excited about the possibility of Sark and disappointed how that went down, but vs the other options that we seemed to have (Chev, TC, Bielema, Mora) I think this is better. I was open to the idea of EB but had concerns about that, I think Dorrell could also be a better hire than him. I really wanted Chev to stay here as you can't lose his recruiting and his connection to the current roster and it seems 100% he won't be going anywhere now as they are close. I would guess Chev will be OC which I don't love the idea of but Dorrell can guide him through that. I obviously haven't been following him much since he left the college game but seems to be a well respected and liked NFL coach and hopefully he has learned and developed since his UCLA time. He has connections to CU and Boulder (flatirons as his twitter photo?? did he recently change that I wonder) and shouldn't be a threat to bail on us. Let him hire his staff and coach some games before we freak out. We were in a really tough position here, this could work out ok I think.

I have an open mind about this. I was excited about the possibility of Sark and disappointed how that went down, but vs the other options that we seemed to have (Chev, TC, Bielema, Mora) I think this is better. I was open to the idea of EB but had concerns about that, I think Dorrell could also be a better hire than him. I really wanted Chev to stay here as you can't lose his recruiting and his connection to the current roster and it seems 100% he won't be going anywhere now as they are close. I would guess Chev will be OC which I don't love the idea of but Dorrell can guide him through that. I obviously haven't been following him much since he left the college game but seems to be a well respected and liked NFL coach and hopefully he has learned and developed since his UCLA time. He has connections to CU and Boulder (flatirons as his twitter photo?? did he recently change that I wonder) and shouldn't be a threat to bail on us. Let him hire his staff and coach some games before we freak out. We were in a really tough position here, this could work out ok I think.
Chev as OC is extremely uninspiring.

The guy followed the path of many coaches who had a shot (ucla), didn't perform well enough, and went back to position coaching or coordinator level stuff. He sure as hell didn't flop at ucla, he bowled every year. He carries with him an NFL card which is some solid cred walking into a living room of a recruit. He coached under Mac and carries that card. Has some great numbers as OC here under the weasel. Now he has another shot as head coach. Some of names floating around were far, far worse than this. The meltdown sh!t around here? WTF were you expecting? Harrel and Grinch would have sucked balls. This is a far more well thought out hire than either of those. imho. I can get on board with this guy. Lets see how he fills out the staff.

I am really intrigued by the hire. I am way more on the positive side with him then I have been about most of the candidates. I like it but not giddy about it. I do think we still can get good recruiting classes. Probably better than last years even. I guess we’ll see but at least I am optimistic

Of all the names rumored to have been interviewed, he is my second choice after Sark and Bieniemy.

Chev as OC is extremely uninspiring.
Well I would agree with you tbh, but we don't know that's even the case, I'm just guessing, maybe he'll bring in some ringer we all love. But seems they might have the type of relationship where Dorrell can guide and mentor him through that. I'm just saying Chev is a guy I don't wanna lose.

Back