What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

CU is bigger than a 5-7 coach Mel Tucker. That is why i wasnt upset when Tucker left. It mjght be a blessing in disguise that the mercenary left and we can get some one that is truly committed to the program CU need top coordinators and recruiters and we must be ready to lose them when they get a HC gig. A coordinator that is not getting any interest to be a head coach shouldnt be considered for a job. Keep Hagans. Hopefully Chev stays.

CU is bigger than a 5-7 coach Mel Tucker. That is why i wasnt upset when Tucker left. It mjght be a blessing in disguise that the mercenary left and we can get some one that is truly committed to the program CU need top coordinators and recruiters and we must be ready to lose them when they get a HC gig. A coordinator that is not get any interest to be a head coach shouldnt be considered for a job. Keep Hagans. Hopefully Chev stays.
Karl is DCs mentor. Chev played under him.

Better conference winning percentage than Mora and had to compete against national powerhouse USC.
To be fair Mora went 3-3 against USC and Dorrell went 1-4, so the Pete Carroll factor accounts for about a 2 game overall swing in record. As someone else said, they only played USC once per season.

Better conference winning percentage than Mora and had to compete against national powerhouse USC.
They both only played USC once a year. Mora won more games overall and got a greater number of high level players. Even if I agree that KD did a same or better job coaching the team, he certainly didn’t do well in getting enough elite players.

We don't have to do anything. You were convinced the world was ending without Chev being named HC.
Agreed
Nobody tells you what to do, but how about a 24 hour rule on bitching and negativity and then we come together! This keeps DC in a great position with a man he likes and trusts. Still allows for most of what I want! Wish Els could tell MT to F off and rip up whatever MSU deal and come back!

I'll call it..minus Shenault and a 5th yr Sr QB...8-4 and a bowl. RG may have saved the program from continuing 10 more yrs of downward spiral & mediocrity.
I wanted to see Sark walk the sideline..this will be just as good.
The assumption that CU will automatically upgrade the QB position simply by graduating Montez is hilariously naive.

Last edited:
Not a terrible hire. I’ll take it at this point and there is potential for this to be successful. He has had more success in this conference than any coach we’ve ever had and he can recruit. We’ll see, but anybody who doesn’t give this a chance should have their head examined.

Examine me

This hire is like a vacation to Pueblo.
How is Pueblo? That bad, huh? I don't know how to feel about this one, honestly. After the basketball game, I'll hold off on being pissed off at this point. I'm not going to say it's a horrible hire, not exciting, I suppose. Maybe it'll work out.

Agreed
Nobody tells you what to do, but how about a 24 hour rule on bitching and negativity and then we come together! This keeps DC in a great position with a man he likes and trusts. Still allows for most of what I want! Wish Els could tell MT to F off and rip up whatever MSU deal and come back!

You don't know what you want, so don't expect anyone else to understand it.

So we are hiring based on DC feelings? If DC matters that much to CU football you name him HC.
Nope. Responding to the quoted post. I think he was hired because he knows what it takes to win in CU as he was here when they were good. And what it takes to win in the PAC. Knowing DC helps transition as DC can get the kids on board.

Back