What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

To be fair Mora went 3-3 against USC and Dorrell went 1-4, so the Pete Carroll factor accounts for about a 2 game overall swing in record. As someone else said, they only played USC once per season.
Yeah but during the Mora era at UCLA, USC wasn’t even close to what they were when Dorrell was coaching. That matters in both success on he field and in recruiting.

To be fair Mora went 3-3 against USC and Dorrell went 1-4, so the Pete Carroll factor accounts for about a 2 game overall swing in record. As someone else said, they only played USC once per season.

They played usc once a season, but they competed against usc off the field for every important recruit in southern california. It makes a difference that jim mora was recruiting against usc when they had recruiting restrictions and a revolving door of head coaches, whereas karl dorrell was recruiting against pete carroll and the recruiting practices that led to said recruiting restrictions.

They played usc once a season, but they competed against usc off the field for every important recruit in southern california. It makes a difference that jim mora was recruiting against usc when they had recruiting restrictions and a revolving door of head coaches, whereas karl dorrell was recruiting against pete carroll and the recruiting practices that led to said recruiting restrictions.
This.

Our success in the late 80s and 90s is not unrelated to the lack of success from Texas and USC.

They both only played USC once a year. Mora won more games overall and got a greater number of high level players. Even if I agree that KD did a same or better job coaching the team, he certainly didn’t do well in getting enough elite players.

True, only played USC once a year, but recruited against them all year long.

In my opinion, as much as RG has done for CU, the effort he has put into upgrades, facilities, development and fundraising... this entire fiasco caused by MT will shed light on whether he feels he can be successful here. As wonderful as he has been, as well as dedicated, I think he will leave within 48 months. MT created this, I will not forget or forgive his destructive actions towards CU.

Back