What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Energy guys too. Dorrell is a good coach-but he's not fiery at all.

Guy has the personality of a wet blanket. He eats plain Cheerios, without the honey nut. I’m sure he could motivate me to take a nap while watching golf this afternoon. Hire him as my Head Nap Coach.

Guy has the personality of a wet blanket. He eats plain Cheerios, without the honey nut. I’m sure he could motivate me to take a nap while watching golf this afternoon. Hire him as my Head Nap Coach.
Nah he eats bran flakes... not cheerios

Chev has now scrubbed his Twitter of all things CU. Concerning
giphy.gif

Vegas winnings included? 😎💰
Yes. Because I’ve had success betting games the last three years, I’ve been able to make serious contributions to the AD relative to my total income. I just wish that I would’ve invested the same amount I’ve contributed in Bitcoin the day I heard about it so CU wouldn’t be in this spot.

Personalities.
Ok but 4 of those programs (tOSU, UCLA, UW and Stanford) had serious advantages as a program when making those hires that we just don’t have. tOSU is a blue blood program, UCLA has an incredible local talent base, Stanford had become a legit college football program under Harbaugh and hired his top assistant, and UW hired one of the most in demand coaches in the country. CU is in a bad spot right now, both in recent performance and national perception - we could really use some sizzle and this is a pretty sizzle-free hire.

The Northwestern hire of Fitzgerald was a tragic situation but that situation scares me a little as a Buff fan. By all accounts Fitzgerald has been really good at NW, but very good at that school means a guy with a losing conference record with 9 bowl games and just one division title in 14 seasons in the softer Western Division on the Big10.

To me the Dorrell hire looks good if CU’s definition of success looks like Northwestern’s football program but if you are someone who has higher expectations then this hire is pretty underwhelming.

I’m curious if RG has reached out to the bigger donors selling KD and if so, how he’s doing it.

I don’t know any big donors, but as a small time donor and season ticket holder, I have a hard time seeing RG being able to sell the hire to me as a big time program move making me want to keep my season tickets, let alone to someone donating tens of thousands of dollars or more.

Have any of you heard from any major donors since early yesterday afternoon?

Coaches who leave after one season for double the money will make up stories to cover for their cupidity.
That is fair. I'm going to stay with CU admin does not care about championships despite all the big talk by RG. There is a reason CU cant find anyone to coach that the fans are excited about

That is fair. I'm going to stay with CU admin does not care about championships despite all the big talk by RG. There is a reason CU cant find anyone to coach that the fans are excited about
And that reason is the weak Pac-12 distribution. I'm staying with the proven liar conti ues to lie. Your friendship taints your view.

It's been an interesting turn of events as far as the coaching search (and this thread) is concerned.
I'd expect Chev now knows he has no immediate future at CU. He loves CU, but the best thing he can do is to go somewhere else, build his resume and perhaps come back as the HC someday.
Chev has no immediate future at any P5 school as a coordinator or head coach. He could very well continue to build his resume here at CU, if the right OC is found.

Coaches in demand do not sit around and wait for CU to change after CU lied to them in year 1. That is why we get coaches Hawkins, Embree, and MM and have over a decade of suck
But it was okay for him to lie to everyone. He’s a flimflam artist.

Chev has now scrubbed his Twitter of all things CU. Concerning
I don't know what it looked like before, but yesterday he was retweeting all kinds of CU related stuff

I don't know what it looked like before, but yesterday he was retweeting all kinds of CU related stuff
I still show 9 tweets from yesterday all about CU

They have a wide receiver coach already. Melvin hired a guy who was coaching at some high school. It was a very Melvin like hire. My guess is Chev stays as the OC/WR/RC. I don't see Dorrell not keeping a top 25 recruiter nationally, and I don't see Chev not wanting to work for a man he considers a mentor.

Well, I think that depends on how the hiring process went. If he found out about it through the media, I could see him being pissed off.

Hopefully, they can convince him to stay on board. That would be a huge loss.

Back