What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I think i saw the brush strokes as you painted that picture.

The half dozen guests in attendance clutch their canned beer as they mingle or casually thumb through their social media feeds on their smart phones at the reception as the newly weds stand under the disco ball that hangs above the dance floor that has been set up in the Truckee Conference room B at the Airport Holiday Inn.

The wedding DJ/bartender smiles politely with nicotine stained teeth when he queues up Shania Twain.

The half dozen guests in attendance clutch their canned beer as they mingle or casually thumb through their social media feeds on their smart phones at the reception as the newly weds stand under the disco ball that hangs above the dance floor that has been set up in the Truckee Conference room B at the Airport Holiday Inn.

The wedding DJ/bartender smiles politely with nicotine stained teeth when he queues up Shania Twain.

tenor.gif

Not to be that guy, (although I've been that guy for the last 24 hours) He never reaffirmed his commitment to CU, he simply said he hadn't resigned and will be at work tomorrow. I fear this isn't over yet.
JFC people. He did

the

exact

same

thing

when MT was hired.

It makes sense. He doesn't know his future right now. Is he disappointed he didn't get the job? Would you be? Yeah probably.

He also works in a profession where more times than not a new boss means you lose your job and you're looking for a new one. He's in the weird limbo land right now of not knowing which direction the new boss want to take things, not knowing if the new boss wants to keep him around, not knowing what role the new boss has in mind for him if he does want to keep him around.

Does he "want" to stay? Without having a lot more answers than he has right now, he probably doesn't even know the answer to that question. It's probably "yes - if ______" and "no - if ____________," and there's probably a good chance even he doesn't know what all goes into those blank spaces yet.

Hank's avatar represents a whole lot of you folks right now...

I’m kind of ready to just go to sleep and wake up 4 years from now when our new commissioner has negotiated a monster package for Pac12 schools and we can parlay 4 years of non-disastrous football and a bigger wallet into a big boy move with the coaching staff.

Ok

I'm sure it had nothing to do with a doubled salary.

I fully acknowledge things like the lack of modern facilities, the inability of assistant coaches to sign milti-year contracts and general lack of funds were structural disadvantages. However, the major issues have largely been addressed with the caveat that CU still lacks financing to rival certain conferences.

I'm sorry Rezjohn Wright didn't clear admissions, but Mel Tucker left for 5.5 million reasons.
This.
We are talking about one marginal juco player not allowed in and who by the end was recruited over anyways.
Mel himself spoke about having to 'derecruit' kids they had previously recruited but ended up recruiting over.
None of these reasons he is spewing were enough for him to leave at the first offer.

Not until they doubled his money. He underestimated how humiliated and tarnished his reputation is and is trying to spin it.

I have even less respect for him now.

Last edited:

daddy’s little man, wearing a red shirt and no pants, with diapers still wet with LOI ink, sits in his Graco Rocker/car seat combo and moans, “I miss my Mel Tucker. He looked me in the eye, and said we were family.“ His older 3-star brother, from yet another previous mother, scolded his half-brother. “grow up, ya baby. new mom will do her best. Just don’t listen to her bull**** and keep your eyes on your dreams.”

The brother of the groom has a million mile stare, takes a sip of a jelly donut 7&7, and grunts under his breath. “**** Mel Tucker. **** that guy for mind****ing my bro like that. What a prick for abandoning these kids and that beautiful family.” Bro tosses back a shot and shivers, “to think he was smooching that drunk from Alabama just last weekend.”

The groom puts on his best face, breathes deep and is just glad to be in the arms of someone.

The transport portal is a thought for another day.

The bride’s feet hurt. Her bladder won’t quit tormenting her. The thought of honeymoon sex gives her a migraine. She hopes all those buddies who couldn’t get to Reno to be bridesmaids will want to host baby shower...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back