What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Would like to know his buyout for both being hired away and being fired.

I’m hopeful that both of his buyouts are high for the first three years and then drop substantially after.

I hope they are low as hell from the get go, especially the one to fire him

I get if you think there is too much bitching, but this post strikes me as you would have been excited by anyone we hired.

And how many posts would have been taking the exact opposite point of view, no matter who was hired?

I’ve lived in LA since ‘92, and I had a back row seat to the Sark implosion, listening to it develop on radio stations and hearing about it from friends. Sure addiction creates its own path, but that guy was a major loose canon for a while. The pressure of that job was way too much for him at the time. Sure, he’s been recovering under Saban’s protective cover, and there’s no telling how he’ll react to real stress and pressure again.

I never got why he was the “high end” choice in all of this. Having listened to him talk to the media over and over, day after day, I was never impressed even prior to the alcoholism becoming obvious. His personality is not inspiring to me; he has a fakeness to his affect in my opinion. Obviously, being great with X’s and O’s does not make a greater leader, and he flinched at his most recent opportunity to be one.

They aren’t going to fire him after 1 or 2 seasons, not should they. He will get 3 full seasons. After that, anything is on the table and let’s hope they structured the contract buyouts better than MM’s

Being a bit tongue in cheek but this better have better buyouts than under MM because it will end similarly but hopefully in less time

Answer the question, tho’. ASU was a laughing stock after that hire.

I honestly don’t remember, I didn’t read much about it. I know here you all mocked him while I was surprised and impressed they landed him because I knew he was a leader of men and would be a good recruiter, I was obviously mocked.

It’s all about his assistants and I’m just scared to find out who it will be this time of year.

Well, we got murdered for the Embree hire too, and look at how that turned out.

Counterpoint: CU got praised for hiring Dan Hawkins.

What the national media thinks about it will have no bearing on whether he succeeds or fails.

I saw a tweet that pointed out that 5 of his former assistants became head coaches which suggests he had a pretty good eye for coaching talent. Hopefully, he hasn’t lost that.

Normally, I get annoyred when people hint at info on the pay sites, but invoke the 24 hr. rule. I don't care...I can only guess the AC hires are of the "getting the band back together" variety.

Mike McIntyre was the previous highest paid coach. Coaching salaries are increasing every year.

Alabama’s OC reportedly is making more than our HC though (because CU interviewed him for the job), so maybe you can take some solace in that.
Thanks I feel much better now.

Back