What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

What is considered a fair shake?

For people to accept him and watch it play out and give him support until he does or doesn’t prove himself as a good or bad hire. You don’t know, I don’t know, he doesn’t know the other person doesn’t know how this will all play out. I think he is more qualified than most are giving him credit for, but I understand the concerns as well.

Former coach told my friend last night. Mel also said RG has known for months that he was unhappy about CU not letting players in and had multiple meetings with admin only to have nothing change. For the entire season CU was promising staff salary increases.

Multiple people for the HC job reached out to Mel for insight on CU.

Also said FBI working several death threats against Mel. Mel's take is people should be pissed at RG and CU admin for not honoring the promises made for Mel to come here in the first place.

Wow he must have been so disrespected and lied to by RG, they really treated him so horribly that he left at the first offer.

Oh wait, he didn't leave at the first offer he only left when they doubled his salary on the second offer. This is nonsense and I bet the "former coach" you talked to is Mel or Jay Johnson or one of the other fools he took with him to MSU

What is the mother ****ing buyout? What’s the exit penalty. 10 million? This level of incompetence must be RG’s audition for the next Pac-12 commissioner. He will fit right in.

I saw a tweet that pointed out that 5 of his former assistants became head coaches which suggests he had a pretty good eye for coaching talent.
I feel obliged to point out that one of those five was Embree, so I'm not sure you should be bringing that up as an argument in his favor.

Have not missed a home game in 16 seasons. Through all the bad and some good I stayed. When I just saw how much they paid for an AVERAGE .500 coach, I realized it's time for me to accept the mediocre program Colorado has become. I'll watch this era from my Sofa...split screen with a serious program playing on the other side. Rick George man you built a beautiful new facility and filled it with some pretty average stuff. Go Buffs...I'm out.

Good thing CU isn't under constraint now, who knows what they might have had to settle for ...

What are we doing? People were excited about an alcoholic that literally got fired for showing up to work and then unsuccessfully sued his former school for wrongful termination.

Part of the reason Tucker bolting stings so much is because he bailed in February. The best up and coming candidates already took jobs and many candidates with integrity are reluctant to abandon their programs late in February because it puts their program in a bad spot.

When the most exciting prospect and consensus pick from fans was an alcoholic that cracked under the pressure of his last head coaching job...hiring a competent professional isn’t the worst possible outcome.

The worst case scenario for one isn’t nearly as bad as it is for the other.

Have not missed a home game in 16 seasons. Through all the bad and some good I stayed. When I just saw how much they paid for an AVERAGE .500 coach, I realized it's time for me to accept the mediocre program Colorado has become. I'll watch this era from my Sofa...split screen with a serious program playing on the other side. Rick George man you built a beautiful new facility and filled it with some pretty average stuff. Go Buffs...I'm out.

His career record is 35-27, so he’s technically above 500.

MSU made a career 5-7 coach the 12th highest paid coach in all the country. Coaches salaries are rising every year. You shouldn’t read so much into that.

What are we doing? People were excited about an alcoholic that literally got fired for showing up to work and then unsuccessfully sued his former school for wrongful termination.

Part of the reason Tucker bolting stings so much is because he bailed in February. The best up and coming candidates already took jobs and many candidates with integrity are reluctant to abandon their programs late in February because it puts their program in a bad spot.

When the most exciting prospect and consensus pick from fans was an alcoholic that cracked under the pressure of his last head coaching job...hiring a competent professional isn’t the worst possible outcome.

The worst case scenario for one isn’t nearly as bad as it is for the other.
Competent professional, I could have sworn somebody told me CU was going to play for championships. But, you convinced me HCKD is adequate. Yay competence!

His career record is 35-27, so he’s technically above 500.

MSU made a career 5-7 coach the 12th highest paid coach in all the country. Coaches salaries are rising every year. You shouldn’t read so much into that.
I'll sleep on it. I did stay for 2-10 years...this one just hurts.

Confused me too, he's assuming
Well he’s assuming Chris Wilson as DL and Chad Brown as LB, but a question mark by them.

Currently, CU is without an OC, OL coach, LB coach, and DL coach. Dorrell has worked on a lot of staffs and has a lot of connections. For now, let’s assume he is keeping the current staff (though I doubt they all stick around). Here’s what the staff is now:

Let me do your math for you. If we're averaging 6 wins a year over the length of his contract (5 years), but he throws in a 10-win season, then we're averaging 5 wins every other year. Isn't that exactly what Mike MacIntyre did? Right now, I can't find the strength to emotionally invest in a program that sees that as a success.
You misconscrewed his math.

Back