What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I’m fine with a more reserved than fiery coach. Yes, most of his track history suggests mediocrity. True, if recruiting isn’t excellent, nothing will change.

But why does his name have to sound so boring on top of it all?

Please articulate the pros/cons of HCKD. Those other names don’t matter. Was this a good hire? Convince us.

Pro: He’s a proven competent professional that won’t embarrass CU and won’t have his eyes on the next job the day he sets foot on campus.

Cons: He’s been out of the college game for a long time and recruiting has changed a lot.

The results on the field will determine if it is a good hire. What people think now doesn’t matter. People thought Dan Hawkins was a good hire when the announcement was made but CU still hasn’t recovered from the disaster he turned out to be.

How drastic are the changes to recruiting?
Early signing day
Get a good media team
Tweet the **** out of ****
Done!

I have had season tickets for about 10 years, since my son started going to CU. Here is my take: CU took a shorter time to squander its position as a top NCAAF program than just about any program I can think of.

In late February, you are not going to see Bill McCartney walk through that door. With that said, KD is the last coach I am going to go through this with at CU. All I am asking for is a bowl-eligible team. If he fails, I am done.
We have not been a top NCAAF team in your 10 years, so not that far to drop.

Have not missed a home game in 16 seasons. Through all the bad and some good I stayed. When I just saw how much they paid for an AVERAGE .500 coach, I realized it's time for me to accept the mediocre program Colorado has become. I'll watch this era from my Sofa...split screen with a serious program playing on the other side. Rick George man you built a beautiful new facility and filled it with some pretty average stuff. Go Buffs...I'm out.
Doubled your "record" there, Ace, 32 years without missing a home game! I'll be right back in my usual seats in Folsom next fall, right after tail-gating beneath the Flatirons as I have for much of that time.

As the OK Corral Gif says, "Well......Bye!"

I have had season tickets for about 10 years, since my son started going to CU. Here is my take: CU took a shorter time to squander its position as a top NCAAF program than just about any program I can think of.

In late February, you are not going to see Bill McCartney walk through that door. With that said, KD is the last coach I am going to go through this with at CU. All I am asking for is a bowl-eligible team. If he fails, I am done.

Had this drug out much longer I was scared we WOULD see Bill McCartney walk through the door.

Pro: He’s a proven competent professional that won’t embarrass CU and won’t have his eyes on the next job the day he sets foot on campus.

Cons: He’s been out of the college game for a long time and recruiting has changed a lot.

The results on the field will determine if it is a good hire. What people think now doesn’t matter. People thought Dan Hawkins was a good hire when the announcement was made but CU still hasn’t recovered from the disaster he turned out to be.
What makes you think he won’t have his eyes on the next job if he’s successful here? I think people are way overreacting to Tucker in that regard and we shouldn’t really care if someone has success and jumps for a bigger job, but still - why is Dorrell different?

The AD had other options. We chose not to pursue those options.

As I mentioned, I won’t donate this year. The AD is not committed to his own statement of the department’s expectations.
I’m actually agreeing with you about something for once. 😂‪ Unfortunately, as a Buff who is looking at this with head rather than heart, this looks like a miss. I can’t imagine Dorrell was on anyone’s radar as an up and coming coach in either the NFL or CFB. And if Chev leaves, you can bury our program for good. ‬

Back