What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

He emphasizes player development, but also develops coaches. Although he was at UCLA just five seasons, he had several assistants go on to become head coaches including current Syracuse head coach Dino Babers and Nevada head coach Jay Norvell. Bieniemy, currently the offensive coordinator of the NFL’s Kansas City Chiefs, is sure to join the list in the near future

Guessing this is gonna be a theme. Coach em up over recruit em up

JFC people. He did

the

exact

same

thing

when MT was hired.

It makes sense. He doesn't know his future right now. Is he disappointed he didn't get the job? Would you be? Yeah probably.

He also works in a profession where more times than not a new boss means you lose your job and you're looking for a new one. He's in the weird limbo land right now of not knowing which direction the new boss want to take things, not knowing if the new boss wants to keep him around, not knowing what role the new boss has in mind for him if he does want to keep him around.

Does he "want" to stay? Without having a lot more answers than he has right now, he probably doesn't even know the answer to that question. It's probably "yes - if ______" and "no - if ____________," and there's probably a good chance even he doesn't know what all goes into those blank spaces yet.

Hank's avatar represents a whole lot of you folks right now...
Fowler sure seems to think he isn't solid yet...That said... it would be a pretty bad look if he left after the hoops he jumped through with the recruits and their families after Tucker dicked em

Last edited:

Read that article...I feel so much better about this KD hire.

I know we all love to drink the kool-aid around here but it's time to face reality. ONE winning season in 14 YEARS!

Read that article...I feel so much better about this KD hire.

I know we all love to drink the kool-aid around here but it's time to face reality. ONE winning season in 14 YEARS!

That's why I like KD returning. Hes a good football coach. He can win here. His character is impeccable. Are the recruiting questions fair? Absolutely. Looking forward to hearing what KD has to say tomorrow.

That does not apply sound statistical logic by ignoring outlier abilities to influence the sample. Aside from one magic season, KD was 25-25 at UCLA. Aside from one shyt first season at Iowa State, Campbell is 23-16.

You can’t just take a positive and a negative outlier out... they need to be both positive or both negative.

giphy.gif

Chev also seemed to have disabled or deleted his Instagram account, for whatever that’s worth, if anything.

But more telling is his “liking” or agreeing with Fowler’s opinion on the whole matter. 😬

1582532688151.jpeg

I took a look at a couple Dolphins message boards this morning to see what they had to say.

As you'd expect, they're mostly focused on the draft and wondering wtf is going on when only 3/12 assistants are back for year 2 under a new HC.

But specific to Dorrell, the comments are:

- Great guy
- Excellent WR coach who Parker credited for his season & teaching him how to read/analyze film
- Was going to be promoted to AHC if he hadn't left
- Thought he got a raw deal at UCLA & they were happy for him because they knew he had wanted to be a HC again

About what I'd expected to see since you'd have to be a real ass to be pissed about your position coach taking a HC job. But it was encouraging to read nonetheless. Thy definitely respect him and thought he was doing a very good job.

I took a look at a couple Dolphins message boards this morning to see what they had to say.

As you'd expect, they're mostly focused on the draft and wondering wtf is going on when only 3/12 assistants are back for year 2 under a new HC.

But specific to Dorrell, the comments are:

- Great guy
- Excellent WR coach who Parker credited for his season & teaching him how to read/analyze film
- Was going to be promoted to AHC if he hadn't left
- Thought he got a raw deal at UCLA & they were happy for him because they knew he had wanted to be a HC again

About what I'd expected to see since you'd have to be a real ass to be pissed about your position coach taking a HC job. But it was encouraging to read nonetheless. Thy definitely respect him and thought he was doing a very good job.
Perception is pretty skewed if you base your opinion of this hire on a message board. Especially this one. If you do, you are basing things on the opinions of 20 guys. I can almost tell who it is by just reading the post. The anti Dorrell crowd has been exceptionally vocal and downright negative.

When Dorrell was first mentioned I knew the name sounded familiar. I have to say I remember his teams beating us out for a lot of recruits back in the day and it used to piss me off.

Chris Horton was one of the first that came to mind out of Louisiana. (That one stung)
Chris Markey
Dylan Rush
Nate Chandler
Akeem Ayers

He also got Maurice Jones Drew and Khalil Bell

If you look at the recruits he did get from 03-07 they put a lot of guys in the league. Pretty impressive list.

Perception is pretty skewed if you base your opinion of this hire on a message board. Especially this one. If you do, you are basing things on the opinions of 20 guys. I can almost tell who it is by just reading the post. The anti Dorrell crowd has been exceptionally vocal and downright negative.
I already had some of those people on ignore, but I gotta say bcs has been downright entertaining with his sky is falling hot takes.

It wasn't negative. And you might be surprised how much fans know. Think back to Hawkins and the way Boise State fans reacted.

I think that we on this board have been put through the ringer and emotions are high.
Are we having 2 different conversations? You replied to a post of mine about what they are saying on the Miami Dolphins boards.

Chev also seemed to have disabled or deleted his Instagram account, for whatever that’s worth, if anything.

But more telling is his “liking” or agreeing with Fowler’s opinion on the whole matter. 😬

View attachment 34295

He actually retweeted / shared the video now from Fowler. I am hoping it’s just a matter of being disappointed, but for someone that worked directly under KD and has been quoted as seeing him as a mentor, he isn’t showing much support for someone that is technically now his boss. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

Disclaimer: source is altitude sports radio just now (Lombardi), and they were skeptical too...but they have “sources saying chev is leaving”.

All I care about is recruiting (scheme etc is irrelevant)...yahoos like me could coach Bama to an 8 win season...gimme Jimmys and Joes every time!!!

Back