What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karma to Evan Battey thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I don't want to speculate in here.

Let's keep it to well wishes and to the facts as they are released.

He had a medical emergency over winter break that was stroke-like symptoms. They don't know what exactly it was and he's trying to get that figured out.

Absolutely wonderful kid who has been through so much and worked so hard. I want nothing but the best for him.

Get this figured out and get yourself healthy, Big Gravy!

http://www.dailycamera.com/top-spor...rgency-clouds-basketball-future-cu-buffs-evan

It’s nothing but a thing, big man.

Doctors are pretty damn good these days.

I’m pulling for you to get this sorted out with a speedy and complete recovery.

One day at a time. Gravy Strong.

Life is more important than a game...this Buff fan will be very understanding if Battey had to walk away from basketball.

All the best, big fella.

First, take care of your health.

Then, we'll see you on the court.

Sat next to him at the USC game and he was looking healthy. Hopefully all is well. Can’t wait to see him play next year!
Thanks for posting. This is really good to hear.

Honestly, though, my mind is completely away from whether he'll play next year. I just want to hear that they've diagnosed it, can manage it, and that he'll be able to live a long, healthy life. Once I hear that I'll start worrying about basketball. I've been so impressed with this young man and am such a fan of his despite the fact he hasn't spent a minute on the court that I'm emotional about this one.

Hope he is okay. That stuff can be scary. I’m hoping it’s just a weird migraine thing. I get migraines that basically paralyze half your body for the day and you’re fine the next day. It seems exactly like a stroke. Let’s hope it’s a similar situation for Evan.

Back