What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kasa Injured

:lol: funny since I was joking around with him. I guess you can't complain next time I go after you eh? You guys seriously have a hard on for coming after me. The obession is disturbing.
!

easy, snowy. it was a joke. unbunch your panties.

outside the polotics forum, you aren't nearly as annoying.

:smile2:

Just redshirt and don't waste a year trying to get healthy and not knowing if you are going to contribute anyway.

I think the Buffs need some Allbuffs karmizzle. :cry:

when your posts are invisible you aren't nearly as annoying.

:smile2:

FIFY :cool: Now if you ****ers would just quit quoting his emo ass.... :smile2:

If Kasa's out 8 weeks, that would bring him back sometime around mid-October. Still have most of the conference schedule to go at that point. The question is how effective he'd be right away when he returned.

This one may come down to how the DL situation looks over the first half of the season... :huh:

If Kasa's out 8 weeks, that would bring him back sometime around mid-October. Still have most of the conference schedule to go at that point. The question is how effective he'd be right away when he returned.

This one may come down to how the DL situation looks over the first half of the season... :huh:

yup. Can't believe this punk has me on ignore. Can't take the heat :lol:

Mangino burned Reesing's RS halfway through the season his freshmen year. He didn't have an injury, but he was certainly feeling the heat to win some games and become bowl-eligible. Unfortunately, that was against us...because of that they beat us and got bowl eliglble that year; they didn't go bowling with a 6-6 record though. That's going to hurt Mangino next year.

Reesing wasn't injured so the situation is slightly different, but if Hawk is feeling some heat they might pull his redshirt at that point. I'd hate to see it happen because I don't want the potential for long-term injury to Kasa at this point.

The DEs we have now better step it up.

This sucks.

I agree with everyone who said we need to get to a place where we aren't counting on frosh to come in and make an impact, but the sad reality is that we are. And **** like this isn't helping. I was counting on Kasa to have a big impact this year.

****!

If he is healthy enough to play at least half the regular season, do not see how he sits. You're talking at least six games plus a bowl game. More than enough games for him to make an impact without making the burning of redshirt a waste.

I agree with everyone who said we need to get to a place where we aren't counting on frosh to come in and make an impact, but the sad reality is that we are.

He isn't any ordinary freshman... Kid was going to play right away

Unless the staff decides to burn his shirt the way they did Hansen's.

They're saying 6-8 weeks. The way the schedule is set up, if he's only out 6 weeks, he theoretically could be back in time for the Texas game. If he's healthy, and able to contribute, I guess pulling the redshirt wouldn't be a terrible idea at that point.

If he is healthy enough to play at least half the regular season, do not see how he sits. You're talking at least six games plus a bowl game. More than enough games for him to make an impact without making the burning of redshirt a waste.

Yea, but will he be physically ready to play? And will he be in good enough shape by then to make an impact? If no, then he should be redshirted. There's no point in wasting a year of eligibility for a guy that is not physically and/or mentally ready.

If he's good to go mid season and is all for burning the redshirt, then you'll hear no argument from me.

Isn't six weeks from now right around the WVU game? That could be a nice coming out party...

sky-is-falling.jpg

Isn't six weeks from now right around the WVU game? That could be a nice coming out party...

This isn't a seasoned veteran we're talking about, he's a fresman who will be missing 6-8 weeks of practice time along with the first few games. It would be a lot to ask for a freshman to jump into a big game against WVU or Texas with only the summer and 2 weeks of fall ball under his belt.

If he's out more than 2-3 weeks, redshirt him.

This isn't a seasoned veteran we're talking about, he's a fresman who will be missing 6-8 weeks of practice time along with the first few games. It would be a lot to ask for a freshman to jump into a big game against WVU or Texas with only the summer and 2 weeks of fall ball under his belt.

If he's out more than 2-3 weeks, redshirt him.

I understand what you are saying, but

1)we are REALLY thin on the dlilne.
and
2)this is not just any freshman. He DOMINATED that HS all American game he played in. He was really one of the most impressive kids in that whole game, I thought. And at that point, I had no reason to be a homer about it as he was a solid Fl commit.

If he's going to play a good number of snaps - and I mean like HALF of the snaps - then play him.

Otherwise it is a total waste to redshirt him.

Last year, Tyler Hansen took about 21% of the season's snaps at QB. Total waste, IMO.

Back