What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Katoa is a mormon.

Alright, I see Walrus has beaten me to the punch. You guys expect me to actually read all the posts? Apologies for the redundant intentional malapropism. : ) (I know, I know).....

Alright, I see Walrus has beaten me to the punch. You guys expect me to actually read all the posts? Apologies for the redundant intentional malapropism. : ) (I know, I know).....

You're bigger than all of us. What can we do except tell you that it's okay, whatever it is that you're apologizing for?

You're bigger than all of us. What can we do except tell you that it's okay, whatever it is that you're apologizing for?

Is he bigger that Flabuff? As former players go, I put Wyo somewhere between FlaBuff and that shrimpy Buffalo30. :smile2:

Is he bigger that Flabuff? As former players go, I put Wyo somewhere between FlaBuff and that shrimpy Buffalo30. :smile2:

Yeah, I forgot about FlaBuff. I just don't think of him as being big anymore since that other guy dwarfed him at the coaches conference.

I am actually a mere mortal at this point in my life. I am about 90 pounds under my "peak" weight which was about 30 pounds heavier than my playing weight. Quitting Copenhagen about 7 years ago killed me for a while. Now, I go about 6'6", 245-250. Not playing inside anymore but not sweating or breathing heavy when going up stairs either. I would say I am still the Wyoming/Alaska/Oklahoma(maybe) State Bar's benchpress champ though! So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. : )

I am actually a mere mortal at this point in my life. I am about 90 pounds under my "peak" weight which was about 30 pounds heavier than my playing weight. Quitting Copenhagen about 7 years ago killed me for a while. Now, I go about 6'6", 245-250. Not playing inside anymore but not sweating or breathing heavy when going up stairs either. I would say I am still the Wyoming/Alaska/Oklahoma(maybe) State Bar's benchpress champ though! So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. : )

Hey Wyo Buff, Between finding out the Walrus wears 501s and finding out you quit Copenhagen I don't know what's next. I quit Copenhagen in my early 40s, but still wear 501s and have about 15 pairs in my closet.:smile2: I had been chewing since I worked on the El Paso County highway department in summers. Used Skoal and Beechnut first then was on Copenhagen a long time. Even chewed at practice. The risks just got more dangerous as I got older. Then the housekeeping lady in my building at work developed an oral cancer. She was from Arkansas and chewed since she was a kid. A really nice lady. Unfortunately her cancer was pretty bad. She had major head and neck surgery, never came back to work and died a year later at about 59 years old. That was it for me! I flushed the rest of the can down the toilet and did cold turkey. Damn shakes and night sweats went on for about 3 months while I beat the nicotine addiction.
What's next?:smile2:

Hey Wyo Buff, Between finding out the Walrus wears 501s and finding out you quit Copenhagen I don't know what's next. I quit Copenhagen in my early 40s, but still wear 501s and have about 15 pairs in my closet.:smile2: I had been chewing since I worked on the El Paso County highway department in summers. Used Skoal and Beechnut first then was on Copenhagen a long time. Even chewed at practice. The risks just got more dangerous as I got older. Then the housekeeping lady in my building at work developed an oral cancer. She was from Arkansas and chewed since she was a kid. A really nice lady. Unfortunately her cancer was pretty bad. She had major head and neck surgery, never came back to work and died a year later at about 59 years old. That was it for me! I flushed the rest of the can down the toilet and did cold turkey. Damn shakes and night sweats went on for about 3 months while I beat the nicotine addiction.
What's next?:smile2:

No doubt! I loved Copenhagen. Tried for 15 years to quit. I tried Nicorrette and found myself chewing a couple of pieces of Nicorrette with a dip in. Someone finally told me that after three days the nicotine is out of your system and after that you are a "headcase." That worked on my bizarre phsyche. I still would love a chew after a workout in the sauna or steamroom or while preparing a brief or order. I love the stuff. After I quit, I put on about 30 pounds since I was trying to satisfy my oral fixation (I know I'm leaving myself wide open with that statement in this forum). As a former football player and trial lawyer, I am a bit OCD and I have now channelled this into running and lifting 6 days a week. That was the only way I got it off. The first 30 pounds took about a year and the other 50-60 came off over the next year. I think I'm as low as I can go now but I really do feel better. The only thing that would make me happier is a dip! : )

Gotta give props to both of you, and anyone else who quits using that stuff. I tried it a couple of times and hated it but had a bunch of friends who used it including some who still do.

They were just like you guys, start young when you think you are superman and immortal and by the time they realize that they want to stop they are hooked hard, I think it is harder to quit than what I have seen from smokers.

Also congrats on the weight loss, I am down 70lbs from my peak last Sept and feel way better. My doc was talking about putting me on heart meds, 149/110 got him worried, now I am at 116/80 and have way more energy. Still want to drop another 20-30lbs then stabilize there. In a number of ways I am glad my knees got busted up before I could play college ball so in the long run in a lot of ways I am healthier. Don't have the real bad knees and bad back that a lot of my friends ended up with. I still think I would feel a little weird with guys FlaBuffs size around, I'm only 6'3" 260.

No doubt! I loved Copenhagen. Tried for 15 years to quit. I tried Nicorrette and found myself chewing a couple of pieces of Nicorrette with a dip in. Someone finally told me that after three days the nicotine is out of your system and after that you are a "headcase." That worked on my bizarre phsyche. I still would love a chew after a workout in the sauna or steamroom or while preparing a brief or order. I love the stuff. After I quit, I put on about 30 pounds since I was trying to satisfy my oral fixation (I know I'm leaving myself wide open with that statement in this forum). As a former football player and trial lawyer, I am a bit OCD and I have now channelled this into running and lifting 6 days a week. That was the only way I got it off. The first 30 pounds took about a year and the other 50-60 came off over the next year. I think I'm as low as I can go now but I really do feel better. The only thing that would make me happier is a dip! : )

Given your status as a former player, I will let the oral fixation comment go. :smile2:

Wyo Buff, See, those guys wanted to go after the oral fixation thing in a bad way.:smile2:

Way to go on the weight! I've been a gym rat ever since grad school when I did nothing but get fat and out of shape. I didn't like being a grease guts so started working out right after grad school. I run 5x/week and lift 3x/week. Stick with the workouts and you will look like you are 50 when you are 60.:smile2:

...and I sure could use a dip of Copenhagen.:nod: But won't do it. I found out from an oral pathologist I know that the nicotine dose in 3 cans of Copenhagen per week was like smoking 2 packs of regular cigarettes a day. It was no wonder that I had the shakes and night sweats trying to kill the addiction.

I'm delighted at the direction this thread took. It started off very slowly, but really picked up the quality as it went on. Then... died.

Back