What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Keep drinking the kool-Aid

I think the offense was a bit of a surprise the first half of the season. But it isn't surprising anybody anymore.

I also think our center's complete inability to snap the ball into the QB's hands, especially on the shotgun snaps, but also on the exchanges when the QB is directly behind him-- is especially frustrating.

It must be that we do not have another center on the entire roster (or we are redshirting him) because I cannot fathom why we continue to play him.

I think the offense was a bit of a surprise the first half of the season. But it isn't surprising anybody anymore.

I also think our center's complete inability to snap the ball into the QB's hands, especially on the shotgun snaps, but also on the exchanges when the QB is directly behind him-- is especially frustrating.

It must be that we do not have another center on the entire roster (or we are redshirting him) because I cannot fathom why we continue to play him.

the answer is that we don't have another center ready to go. maiava will move over to center down the road, imho. but, right now, you can't have a true frosh trying to read defenses from the center position.

maybe you slept thru it or something, but there was this little off-campus party in december of 2001 where some stuff happened. and, it unleashed a ****storm on the program. you may be surprised to know this, but recruiting in that environment was very challenging.

in any case, these guys you are making fun of are Buffs. no one is going to say we don't need to upgrade the talent level and that process is underway. but, you are going to rub a lot of folks the wrong way here if you continue the name-calling of CU athletes.
Agree - these guys work about 48 weeks a year - ITS DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL - if not in practice then in the film or weight room. They suit up for the Buffs and give it their all. I will let the coaches decide who is performing. Don't ridicule a sudent athlete.

maybe you slept thru it or something, but there was this little off-campus party in december of 2001 where some stuff happened. and, it unleashed a ****storm on the program. you may be surprised to know this, but recruiting in that environment was very challenging.

in any case, these guys you are making fun of are Buffs. no one is going to say we don't need to upgrade the talent level and that process is underway. but, you are going to rub a lot of folks the wrong way here if you continue the name-calling of CU athletes.
Agree - these guys work about 48 weeks a year - ITS DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL - if not in practice then in the film or weight room. They suit up for the Buffs and give it their all. I will let the coaches decide who is performing. Don't ridicule a sudent athlete.

I could note that the 2001 off-campus party didn't start affecting recruiting considerably until late 2003 (well past the point where the possible recruiting momentum from the 2001 season was already extinguished), but I really don't see the point in carrying on this argument any longer than it's already gone on (honestly, I've voiced my displeasure with Sprague's and Littlehales' performances in other venues in the past, and never heard a word of defense on their behalf before, so this conflagration that's occurred here was more than a bit surprising).

My primary frustrations are directed at Gary. Gary's gone, so the point is moot. I'm still not a Sprague fan, nor am I a Littlehales fan, and it's unlikely that I'll be moved from these stances (just as unlikely as it is that you all will be moved from yours) barring a couple of herculean performances from Sprague (which would be extremely unexpected, but I'd be happy to see them if they did take place). Consider the issue dropped from my end, and if you'd like to drop it as well you may feel free to do so.

I could note that the 2001 off-campus party didn't start affecting recruiting considerably until late 2003 (well past the point where the possible recruiting momentum from the 2001 season was already extinguished), but I really don't see the point in carrying on this argument any longer than it's already gone on (honestly, I've voiced my displeasure with Sprague's and Littlehales' performances in other venues in the past, and never heard a word of defense on their behalf before, so this conflagration that's occurred here was more than a bit surprising).

My primary frustrations are directed at Gary. Gary's gone, so the point is moot. I'm still not a Sprague fan, nor am I a Littlehales fan, and it's unlikely that I'll be moved from these stances (just as unlikely as it is that you all will be moved from yours) barring a couple of herculean performances from Sprague (which would be extremely unexpected, but I'd be happy to see them if they did take place). Consider the issue dropped from my end, and if you'd like to drop it as well you may feel free to do so.

cool. you are free to drop it. i doubt we will ever get to the point here where we think it is ok to bash on the kids. that would be seriously dropping the ball.

Back