What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kiszla on the warpath: Hawk is dead Buff walking

Not a big name but did anybody hear Embree on 104.3 last week ?
He bleeds black & gold and has the passion for the job. If he could be head coach and get a great defensive coordinator & EB for offensive coordinator I think CU would be on thier way back. Embree & EB were great recruiters and their So Cal connections would be VALUABLE.
Don't forget- Maurice Jones-Drew was a Buff before Embree & EB went to UCLA.

I heard rumors of this exact scenario during the great "CU Coaching Search That Wasn't" of November 2009.

Not a big name but did anybody hear Embree on 104.3 last week ?
He bleeds black & gold and has the passion for the job. If he could be head coach and get a great defensive coordinator & EB for offensive coordinator I think CU would be on thier way back. Embree & EB were great recruiters and their So Cal connections would be VALUABLE.
Don't forget- Maurice Jones-Drew was a Buff before Embree & EB went to UCLA.

I think Embree is worth looking at. He has a good range of experience, would be popular with the boosters (money guys) and with the ex-players who can really help us get our recruiting back where it should be. I also think that with Embree we would stand a good chance of keeping Cabral who has been a solid recruiter and quality position coach. I would also like to see what Ambrose could do under a different HC.

I also think that there are some other guys out there who deserve a look. It seems like a lot of the best coaches are guys who got passed over into their late 40's and even 50's when they are best prepared for the responsibility but are no longer the "hot young prospect."

I think Embree is worth looking at. He has a good range of experience, would be popular with the boosters (money guys) and with the ex-players who can really help us get our recruiting back where it should be. I also think that with Embree we would stand a good chance of keeping Cabral who has been a solid recruiter and quality position coach. I would also like to see what Ambrose could do under a different HC.

I also think that there are some other guys out there who deserve a look. It seems like a lot of the best coaches are guys who got passed over into their late 40's and even 50's when they are best prepared for the responsibility but are no longer the "hot young prospect."

IMO you almost have to have coordinator experience, at the very least, before making the move to HC. There is a huge difference between being a position coach and a HC. HC is a management position. It entails a helluva lot more than just coaching. I just can't see someone moving from position coach to HC. It'd be like moving from an office job to president of the company. Not to say that it can't be done. But the risks are much higher. If we go through another change, Bohn needs to minimize risk as much as possible.

I don't really agree DBT. I think the HC needs to be a good recruiter and good motivator and a good evaluator of talent. The HC can, and often does, go out and hire the Xs and Os coordinators.

I would want the Buffs to get a top-tier recruiter in here, but also someone who is willing to admit what his weaknesses are and will go out and hire top-tier coordinators to help call the plays. Buffs don't have any good coordinators right now.... there is no one on staff who knows how to coach a football game.

Back