What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Koetter, Hawk and Boise

ID Buff...I appreciate your comments. Boise is just a few hours up the road from me, and I visit friends there pretty often. You are right about BSU being the only team around regarding football..

Take my friends comments for what they're worth..but they do know a decent amount of football and the program there. btw..they liked Hawk, but simply love Peterson.

They tell me that Hawk is not a good X and O guy...that is not his strength. He did do a good job recruiting to BSU...and they thought his assistants were the real strength of the staff from a football perspective (of course, that was at a lower level than the B12..and I think it is a valid point that BSU generally got some better talent than most of the other schools in their conference). They are surprised that Hawk hasn't had earlier success at CU..and think it will come.

QUOTE]

I don't know about Hawks X-O ability. He did visit our house on a recruiting visit and so did Pete. They are both outstanding gentlemen and IMO great representatives of CFB. I agree with your friends - Pete has fit in well here. This is still a "small town" and I think Pete is seen as "one of us". Hawk was the same - he still has roots here and of course Cody was lighting it up with his high school career.

I went to school in Boulder and to be honest I was concerned about the possible flack for Hawk if he was losing. But he has forgotten more about CFB than I will ever know. It is kinder up here but we are winning as well - so life is good. I have lived in Boulder, OKC and Austin. The UT and Ou fans have high expectations and are vocal. Here in Boise the fans are more forgiving. I guess a BSU losing season would be the test but I am not wishing for that.

Back