What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KU @ KSU and other Bubble Watch games for tonight

I dont know if its the kid that isnt playing because of the knee thing or what but KU doesn't look like the dominant team they should be.

Kansas hasn't looked dominant much this year. They play a lot of close games and win late. I bet they win this game going away.

Selby isn't right (foot). Might have something to do with Pullen being able to go off like he did.

Burks has been bottled up lately. Maybe he can blow up like Pullen against KU. Him and Higgins combining for 60 would be hard to beat.

I'm with dymeduke, KU is over-rated. Their non-conference schedule was nothing special and was essentially all at home, Nebraska played them tough at home, and they still have tonight's game to go and at Mizzou, plus A&M at home.

If KjSU can hold on they'll have their first top 50 RPI win of the season. (We have 5, btw. Plus 2 wins against them. And yet they are somewhere around 50 spots ahead of us in the RPI rankings... :huh:)

Junc, compare their non-conference schedule to ours, it's not even close.

Pullen is on fire tonight, just hit another 3.

15 yard penalty...err...technical foul on KU...what a dumbass, taunting when your team is getting their asses handed to them...

Junc, compare their non-conference schedule to ours, it's not even close.

Pullen is on fire tonight, just hit another 3.

I'm gonna do that in the thread Nik started earlier. Let's just say I think the difference between beating the #200 RPI team and the #320 RPI team is a lot less significant than actually beating a top 50 RPI team. Doesn't seem like RPI treats it that way...

11 pt halftime lead has turned into a late 13 point deficit for Alcorn State. Even for them, that's a surprisingly bad meltdown in the 2nd half. Ugh.

Regarding Kansas, let's hope we caught them in a slump. I'm really worried that they're going to come out pissed on Saturday and that the crowd is going to be wild.

Good thing rankings arent released again for a week. We will still have a shot at #1 and probably again the next saturday against #1 Texas.

Quite the challenging coming up for CU. Playing back to back number one ranked teams. Lets hope Kansas is outta sync and Texas is tired, and CU is feeling like Gods.

I just don't understand why the entire nation is scared of Kansas. Everyone from the west coast, mountain region to the east coast thinks that KU is a title contender. NO THEY"RE NOT! They're good fine, but they aren't even FF in my book. Selby is good, but he's not going to pull a Rose and guide a team. Only one of the Morris twins is good. The team overall isn't that great. I hope KSU's win shows that, because although KSU is a quality team, they're not amazing either. Texas is the best in conference this year. We will not beat KU in Lawrence, but if you had to choose, it's the KU game that CU will win. They won't, but if you had to choose...

Lastly, **** KU

I just don't understand why the entire nation is scared of Kansas. Everyone from the west coast, mountain region to the east coast thinks that KU is a title contender. NO THEY"RE NOT! They're good fine, but they aren't even FF in my book.

This year in my bracket I'm almost certainly going to have them get knocked out in the 2nd round again, regardless of who they are playing...

11 pt halftime lead has turned into a late 13 point deficit for Alcorn State. Even for them, that's a surprisingly bad meltdown in the 2nd half. Ugh.

Regarding Kansas, let's hope we caught them in a slump. I'm really worried that they're going to come out pissed on Saturday and that the crowd is going to be wild.

We're ****ed. Remember the last time they lost to Texas? Who was their next opponent? Yep - you guessed it - us. What happened? We lost.

So guess who their next opponent is coming off a bad loss? Yep - good ol' CU - except this time at Allen Fieldhouse - a good place for them to get better.

We're ****ed - **** the Gayhawks.

We're ****ed

Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!?
0.jpg

This year in my bracket I'm almost certainly going to have them get knocked out in the 2nd round again, regardless of who they are playing...

I'll give them the Sweet 16 but that's about it. To 2nd what dymeduke said (again :smile2:), they're not a Final 4 team.

if KU gets an early matchup where they can't bully someone inside, they could fall. however, since the bogusly justified (travel concerns after 9/11) "pod system" era....KU usually gets some pretty favorable sites like KC or STL (every likes a little taste of "Cindarella" but got to the have the big names go far to keep ratings up). in Self's first year they were a 5 seed (i think) that had lost like 5 of their last 11 and got seeded in Kansas City. How would like play your ass off all year, earn a 2 or 4 seed only to play Kansas in a de facto home court. unsurprisingly, KU made the Sweet 16.

alternately, i think poor FT shooting could hurt Texas in the NCAA.

if KU gets an early matchup where they can't bully someone inside, they could fall. however, since the bogusly justified (travel concerns after 9/11) "pod system" era....KU usually gets some pretty favorable sites like KC or STL (every likes a little taste of "Cindarella" but got to the have the big names go far to keep ratings up). in Self's first year they were a 5 seed (i think) that had lost like 5 of their last 11 and got seeded in Kansas City. How would like play your ass off all year, earn a 2 or 4 seed only to play Kansas in a de facto home court. unsurprisingly, KU made the Sweet 16.

alternately, i think poor FT shooting will hurt Texas in Boulder.

fify. :thumbsup:

Just leafing through the KU boards and one of their fans brought up this interesting bit of history:

In 2008 (KU's national championship season), their first two losses were to Kansas State and Texas...and both of our games vs. them were immediately after those two losses...just like this season where we get them after Texas and Kansas State beat 'em...might have to make a hasty revision to my early bracket predictions....

Back