What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

People like you are afraid to challenge CP in any way. It shows on the OT and TO calls (among others) in a few games.
(and in a lot of posts)

CP has earned a "C" as a gameday coach
This has NOTHING to do with challenging CP and EVERYTHING to do with you not knowing how gameday football coaching works. For a quick starter, research how coaches use HEADSETS to communicate during a game. And yes, there will be a quiz.

This has NOTHING to do with challenging CP and EVERYTHING to do with you not knowing how gameday football coaching works. For a quick starter, research how coaches use HEADSETS to communicate during a game. And yes, there will be a quiz.
Nonsense. PC is the best thing to ever happen to CU sports. But he's not a great 'Xs and Os' guy.
A good coach learns to delegate authority. It seems clear CP has been making the calls
You figure at the start of both OTs his assistants were telling him on the phones "go on D"? And he ignored them?
You think someone else screwed up the TOs , esp in the early games?

It’s not magic. It’s hard work and therapy. From every account of anyone who knows Vick, he’s a changed person.
Also, one of the underlying bases of our system of law is that people are punished for their crimes, after which they are deemed to have paid their debt to society. Some crimes have long lingering legal ramifications. Here. as they say, he did his time and he’s—apparently—been a good citizen since.

There are lot’s of examples of people who redeem their lives after serious mistakes. Doesn’t really make sense to me to place a shell around someone who’s done so and wag your finger at anyone who ventures into that shell.

Also, one of the underlying bases of our system of law in this country is that people are punished for their crimes, after which they are deemed to have paid their debt to society. As they say, he did his time and he’s—apparently—been a good citizen since.
There are lot’s of examples of people who redeem their lives after serious mistakes. Doesn’t really make sense to me to place a shell around someone who’s done so and wag your finger at anyone who ventures into that shell.
Agree 100%. I just feel bad for spending time responding to an Ahoel-level idiot across two threads. Ugh.

Why wouldn't we be a long term stay for CP? I just don't understand that thinking. He's getting paid very well. He's getting huge income in national ads for himself and NIL money to his kids. He has ALL of the support of the community. He loves the area.

We have the facilities of a sleeping giant, and he's shown we CAN win and recruit here.

Unless he is simply being completely dishonest about who he is and what he wants, which I don't see him as being, there's no reason he can't stay here for the long run.

Why wouldn't we be a long term stay for CP? I just don't understand that thinking. He's getting paid very well. He's getting huge income in national ads for himself and NIL money to his kids. He has ALL of the support of the community. He loves the area.

We have the facilities of a sleeping giant, and he's shown we CAN win and recruit here.

Unless he is simply being completely dishonest about who he is and what he wants, which I don't see him as being, there's no reason he can't stay here for the long run.
It's just been the national narrative because everyone leaves for bigger programs and more money.

The longer he's been in Boulder the more confidence I've had with him staying. He says things that insinuate he's in it for the long run.

Also, one of the underlying bases of our system of law is that people are punished for their crimes, after which they are deemed to have paid their debt to society. Some crimes have long lingering legal ramifications. Here. as they say, he did his time and he’s—apparently—been a good citizen since.

Doesn’t mean I have to like the guy. **** Michael Vick for what he did to those dogs.

Doesn’t mean I have to like the guy. **** Michael Vick for what he did to those dogs.

giphy.gif

Maybe because his exit speech to JSU he literally said - ”Either you elevate or terminate.” Some might take that as, there are places to elevate beyond CU.

A guy I used to work with dressed up as Prime for Halloween last night. He doesn’t watch college football but is a huge Dallas Cowboys fan (also lives in SoCal).
I fully expected multiple Prime costumes at last night's party. None.

Back