What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LaViska Declares for NFL Draft.

Regarding Fields. Apparently scouts aren't sold on him as a first round prospect. Have seen mocks with Lawrence, Purdy, the ndsu qb, and one other guy going before Fields.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fields elevate to the 1st round but I've read some opinions that he is a better NFL prospect than Lawrence which is of course pure hog****.

Joe Burrow was a 5th rounder at this point last year.
Joe Burrow was also a sub 60% Passer this time last year, whereas Fields just had a spectacular season he likely won't duplicate. Scouts aren't sure about his upside, and he has a very average arm.

Joe Burrow was also a sub 60% Passer this time last year, whereas Fields just had a spectacular season he likely won't duplicate. Scouts aren't sure about his upside, and he has a very average arm.
Can you post some of these scout concerns? Everything I’ve seen recently is that he and Lawrence are in a tier of their own when it comes to NFL prospects and nobody would be surprised if Fields is viewed as the better prospect between the two after the season.

Can you post some of these scout concerns? Everything I’ve seen recently is that he and Lawrence are in a tier of their own when it comes to NFL prospects and nobody would be surprised if Fields is viewed as the better prospect between the two after the season.

I would be surprised. Fields is a blue chip QB prospect that is a possible early round 1 pick.

Lawrence is a once every 10-15 year elite QB talent.

I don’t miss your hot takes.
Yes because scout opinions are MY hot takes.

Here's Matt Miller's take on him:

Justin Fields enters the 2020 season as a Heisman favorite and one of the most productive returning quarterbacks in college football. But like Trevor Lawrence before him, he has a bullseye on him from scouts and defensive coordinators alike.

Fields impresses with his touch and his toughness as a runner, but his decision-making and field vision don't stand out. His average arm strength also could be an issue if it doesn't increase in power, which can happen naturally as a player matures.

There's no doubt that Fields is good, but the transition from good college quarterback to good NFL prospect isn't always easy. He will require plenty of future evaluation before locking him in as a prospect.

Too many early-season watchlists are littered with Heisman finalists and big-time producers, but my early evaluation on Fields was not overly positive. There's 12 months for his stock to improve, but he shouldn't be seen as a first-round lock at this point of the predraft process.

If you want a hot take from ME, here it is. Justin Fields will be a BUM in the NFL. We can revisit this post in a few years.

I would be surprised. Fields is a blue chip QB prospect that is a possible early round 1 pick.

Lawrence is a once every 10-15 year elite QB talent.
Barring something truly shocking happening this year any NFL GM who would pick Fields ahead of Lawrence is looking to get fired and not have a shot at another job.

I have seen Lawrence looked at in the same way as they looked at Andrew Luck, a guy who has everything you look for in an NFL QB.

QB is such a high priority position that there are teams every year that convince themselves that 2 or 3 (or more) guys are worthy of going in the top 10. More often that they would like to admit they were wrong.

Lawrence doesn't need to convince anyone that he is worthy of going with the top pick.

Back