What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LAVISKA SHENAULT IS A BAD BAD BAD MAN

He'll probably keep playing until he earns all the guaranteed money in his second contract and maybe call it a career. That money would last the average person a few lifetimes.
Maybe, but I'd think he'd want to try and get a ring too. Only problem is, he's not going to get it there. That dude has been through plenty of losing. Play through your rookie deal and go find some place where you can win.

Maybe, but I'd think he'd want to try and get a ring too. Only problem is, he's not going to get it there. That dude has been through plenty of losing. Play through your rookie deal and go find some place where you can win.

I'd do the same thing if I was in his shoes. Hopefully he doesn't go to KC.

Noooooo....

I’d love to be able to see him play more often, and get him off that awful team. He could be a great Pro player and the most high-profile Buff in the league if he can get to a real team. KC looks like a great fit for him: creative play calling and scheming, outside the box thinking, and an insanely good QB to keep plays alive and get the ball to playmakers.

I’d love to be able to see him play more often, and get him off that awful team. He could be a great Pro player and the most high-profile Buff in the league if he can get to a real team. KC looks like a great fit for him: creative play calling and scheming, outside the box thinking, and an insanely good QB to keep plays alive and get the ball to playmakers.
I know. I want the best situation for him where he can excel; I just would rather not cheer against him 2x a year.

he pulled or tore something it seems in that game back when and he's been less durable and bit less explosive since.

i am hoping he gets a chance to show what he is capable of with the panthers-- a fresh start and all that. the guy still hits like a freight train and breaks tackles and such. get him in the right matchups and he has a chance to be dangerous.

still getting paid is a good thing, but lets face it, since he got injured against usc in 2018 he hasn't been the same player before the injury where he was even in heisman discussion
He has shown some explosiveness but his style of play leaves him prone to injury

If he could get a staff that doesn't lead him to getting beat up he would be more valuable.

Jacksonville didn't have much else

This is a good thing. Sounds like things soured in Jacksonville. Most Jags fans on Twitter were calling him a bust

Seems like he has 4 WRs in front of him on the depth chart. Didn't realize he dropped 8 passes last year. Yikes.

This is a good thing. Sounds like things soured in Jacksonville. Most Jags fans on Twitter were calling him a bust
Yeah, depends on how you view 2nd round picks and where they should be. I'd argue that averaging 60 receptions for 600 yards your first two NFL seasons definitely isn't a "bust", especially when his rookie year he also scored 5 TDs. Scoring no TDs last year probably creates that recency bias to call him a bust, though.

I just don't understand how a guy can be as productive and explosive as he was here in Denver for two straight years, while making the Pro Bowl, and then basically become an afterthought

Yeah, depends on how you view 2nd round picks and where they should be. I'd argue that averaging 60 receptions for 600 yards your first two NFL seasons definitely isn't a "bust", especially when his rookie year he also scored 5 TDs. Scoring no TDs last year probably creates that recency bias to call him a bust, though.

I just don't understand how a guy can be as productive and explosive as he was here in Denver for two straight years, while making the Pro Bowl, and then basically become an afterthought
Did that really bad hand/wrist injury he suffered mess with his ability to catch or hold the ball? Seems everything went downhill in his career after that. Just speculating.

The repeated references to Jacksonville in the series, The Good Place, are a riot and creatively support your assertion.
season 3 bortle GIF by The Good Place

Back