What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt to Oregon

Nope but I don't like the timing at all. Mr. Twitter smfh. We are supposed to be preparing for a damn Bowl and he splits now? Plus I doubt his bank account is empty. It is a cheesedick move.
good point. We finally make a bowl then get this bitch slapp

Can we stop comparing this move to us leaving our pencil pushing gigs for another one that pays twice as much?

Diminishing returns. $75k to $150k makes a heck of a lot more difference than $800k to $1.5M (ignoring the other income streams).

I will only be pissed at JL if he negative recruits against us and/or tries to pirate any of this year's class. I'd be surprised and dismayed if he did that.

I will only be pissed at JL if he negative recruits against us and/or tries to pirate any of this year's class. I'd be surprised and dismayed if he did that.

Why would you be suprised? It's a buisness right? Doing what's best for you.

Been true to the guys I coached and recruited or have been recruiting. I do have a heart, believe it or not. I'd feel like a piece of **** if I did this. My family would ****ing disown me no matter where it was.

I think most of the anger is directed more to the fact CU finally got over the hump, have a chance at 11 wins and after one good year, the football gods are crapping on cu again.

Sure you take the money, but the momentum with this great season and recruiting is now in danger.

Can we stop comparing this move to us leaving our pencil pushing gigs for another one that pays twice as much?

Diminishing returns. $75k to $150k makes a heck of a lot more difference than $800k to $1.5M (ignoring the other income streams).

Sure, but let's not pretend that it doesn't make a difference at all. Adam just reported it, he's making 440K more annually than any other P12 assistant. I don't know a person on the planet that's saying no to that type of offer.

And there is no chance CU could afford that either.

I appreciate all he accomplished here and his zest for life is contagious... but the Pepsi thing can get old fast.
Looks like he deleted the stupid Pepsi tweet and replaced it with the one referencing South champs.

I don't blame the guy for taking the money. And I appreciate what he did for the Buffs. However, it appears his communication to Rick was pathetic. I really hope he is an epic failure at Oregon.

If CU is going to consistently be a Top 20 team they're going to have to understand that, salary-wise, you won't keep what you won't pay. I agree that the Duck $$ was too big a stretch, but it wasn't to them. That's life. I hope CU does not go wimpy or cheap or too developmental, or otherwise too cute in hiring JL's replacement.

Leavitts remarks at the Broyles award presentation focused quite a bit on money, even oddly mentioning some exact numbers of past jobs and stuff. He didn't mention HCMM. His remarks:

"You gotta understand one thing, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I don't know any coaches who get into this for the money... They coach for the love of the game and passion... I've seen programs crash and burn because guys have egos and aren't looking out for the team"

I mean for ****s sake I understand looking out for yourself and your family and making the smart personal decision, but when you say things like this immediately before taking the money and running you lose my respect. What a phony.

Back