What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

let us reminisce on DJ eliot's qualifications to earn 700K at CU

By the 3rd quarter it was pretty apparent that if we sat back we wouldn't get a stop. We needed to get aggressive and take some chances to make a stop. What was the worst that would happen? They'd burn us on a deep pass? How was that worse than their QB eating us alive 30 yards a rush.

Just a terribly called defense game. Absolutely terrible.
And the strength of the group is the secondary so why wouldn't you force them to beat those guys?

Demoted at Kentucky for being a pile of garbage. Given a giant raise and promotion by Macintyre to replace elite DC JL.

While we're at it, let's reminisce on our current OCs track record here.

Amusing. He didnt recruit these players. But it's his fault.

And the strength of the group is the secondary so why wouldn't you force them to beat those guys?

Yup, put in some of the faster young guys at LB, pull the corners and safeties up, and try some 6 and 7 man run blitzes more often. Yeah your going to give up some bigger passing plays, but you just might get an actual stop.

I do blame our coaches though for us being 5 years into a coaching regime and not having recruited the quality and quantity of athletes needed to compete. I specifically put the blame on us having a couple of assistant coaching positions occupied by guys who seem to be dead weight in recruiting. Unless you have a couple of other recruiting superstars who can make up for than you can't afford those guys, and we don't have the superstars.
This.

I wonder if Mac is helping with the D, I have a hard time believing he isn't.

M2 is a defensive guy, the defense is where he puts his emphasis. This actually might be part of why he is hesitant to let go of Lindgren because he is comfortable having him dictating the offensive direction.

I've seen M2 being much more interactive with both JL and Eliott than I see him get with the offensive coaches.

M2 is a defensive guy, the defense is where he puts his emphasis. This actually might be part of why he is hesitant to let go of Lindgren because he is comfortable having him dictating the offensive direction.

I've seen M2 being much more interactive with both JL and Eliott than I see him get with the offensive coaches.
I shudder to think what would've happened without the defensive emphasis.

Yup, put in some of the faster young guys at LB, pull the corners and safeties up, and try some 6 and 7 man run blitzes more often. Yeah your going to give up some bigger passing plays, but you just might get an actual stop.
It's a good thing we didn't do this, so that we didn't give up the big plays.

I think this is fair......

No. No it's not "fair". It's a bull**** excuse.

What happened two years ago has exactly ZERO influence on what happened on Saturday. Howell needs to stop making excuses and ask why some adjustments weren't made to contain the quarterback better.

No. No it's not "fair". It's a bull**** excuse.

What happened two years ago has exactly ZERO influence on what happened on Saturday. Howell needs to stop making excuses and ask why some adjustments weren't made to contain the quarterback better.

I think it shows that MacIntyre has really struggled with the Arizona offense. Howell found something worthwhile to share, but missed the point.

Did anyone catch the last play from Tate on the replay? What is the **** was Ryan Moeller doing? He had a clean line on him and could have blasted him about 3 yards before the first down but he let up and didn't even touch him.

I remember the play in my head where tate was running down the sideline and Laguda was looking the wrong direction and like flexing proud like he did sometging cool? then you could see his face when tate ran right past him. For a TD of course

Back