What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's not get carried away here.

We played a team from sea level who has been sleeping in hotels for the past 2 weeks. They hit the physical wall, greatly helped by the altitude, and were largely spent in the second half. There were some huge holes in the second half, but I'm inclined to believe they were due as much to exhaustion as execution. Technique is still lacking on the O-line.

There's always excuses. Georgia lost it's AD due to some red underware. Their star WR got busted for pawning sports memorabilia. They lost to Arkansas and are coming into Boulder without a winning record.

The team appears to be suffering from institutional control and discipline issues. UGA is not the cream of the SEC crop.

We all know from experience that the Buffs have some decent talent , but are incapable of stringing together consequence quarters of quality football. But it's narcissistic to think CU is the only team in the BCS who ****s the bed.

The next game could very well be determined by which team makes the smaller, less stinky mess.

I'd be surprised if many on this board were really all that enamored with yesterdays win. It was nice to see some hard running, a couple of passes down field, yards and 31 points. The Buffs genuinely deserve some commendation for their success yesterday. Like has already been mentioned though one game does not atone for 5 years of general futility.

Whoever is coaching I'll be happy to jump on the bandwagon when I see some consistent quality football over an extended period of time and not just one half. And at least offensively that is what we got treated to. And I didn't take kindly to the "haters" comment that I read.
Play some football and all those passionate CU fans you called "haters" will be much more generous in their comments about the program. You just haven't done enough yet to earn the right to talk trash to the fans.

Myself and others have bitched enough on here about hawk,how bad the team plays. Why can't fans enjoy a win without 600 reasons we shouldn't? Really, hawaii isn't a top 10 team? You mean the altitude got to them? Life just isn't fair.

CU has a chance of losing their next 5 games. The way they played in the first half will never win them any game. I enjoyed the win because of the second half and the way they played and ran the ball. I enjoyed the win for the DEFENSE who gave up 13 points while a might team full of 4-5 star recruits like usc gave up 36 to the same team.

Will CU beat georgia, I'm thinking no, but georgia doen't look like the new orleans saints either.

I still want hawk fired but I will enjoy this victory for what it was, a win at home for a team that needed something positive for a change.

Myself and others have bitched enough on here about hawk,how bad the team plays. Why can't fans enjoy a win without 600 reasons we shouldn't? Really, hawaii isn't a top 10 team? You mean the altitude got to them? Life just isn't fair.

CU has a chance of losing their next 5 games. The way they played in the first half will never win them any game. I enjoyed the win because of the second half and the way they played and ran the ball. I enjoyed the win for the DEFENSE who gave up 13 points while a might team full of 4-5 star recruits like usc gave up 36 to the same team.

Will CU beat georgia, I'm thinking no, but georgia doen't look like the new orleans saints either.

I still want hawk fired but I will enjoy this victory for what it was, a win at home for a team that needed something positive for a change.

agreed, rep to you.

great post.

The next game could very well be determined by which team makes the smaller, less stinky mess.

So you're saying it's going to come down to which team takes care of the little things. Nice. We've got it in the bag. We've been working on the little things for five years now.

All hail to syko - great post - rep

Repped this one. Right on the money Syko

I have mixed feelings about the game.

It is nice to see a win. The OL took over and the second half was all Buffs. The D played well limiting what can be a potent offense. Still it is a WAC team, not exactly top shelf competition. And BOTH teams played a very sloppy first half, UH left at least 14 pts. on the field that CU miscues practically gave them. Nine penalties by the Buffs. Still very problematic.

But 252 yards rushing, 4.8 per attempt, 7.7 yards per attempt passing is pretty good IMO, and a convincing win over a lesser opponent ia very good thing.

A win is a win. I will take it. However, we couldn't do anything against Hawaii until the second half when their defense could no longer breathe.

I want to see how we stack up against Georgia before I will think we have turned the corner. It sets up well for us considering they will have a tough time at altitude.

Also, can we please call more bootlegs and/or plays designed to get Tyler out of the pocket? Our pocket protection is pretty suspect and Tyler can really make things happen on the run (by throwing or running).

I absolutely love the no huddle (especially at home). I hope we see more of that.

Way to wake up in the second half guys. Now keep it going.

I left the stadium happy but we need to understand that CU was beating Hawaii 17-13 w/9 min to go in the 4th QTR-
this game was still in doubt until the 73 yd TD -

A good team will put 50-60 on Hawaii. Nevada & BSU will cream them.

I left the stadium happy but we need to understand that CU was beating Hawaii 17-13 w/9 min to go in the 4th QTR-

A good team will put 50-60 on Hawaii. Nevada & BSU will cream them.

Is cu a good team? Before the game most of us picked cu to lose, they win 31-13 and we bitch about it, just seems funny.

:yeahthat:

This is my point exactly. This game was sloppy, and at 17-13, CU gets a gift when Clemmons gets behind the defense for an easy score. Then a deflected ball just happens to fall into Scotty's arms for the last score. Sandlot football will get you absolutely slaughtered against a disciplined, well coached and well prepared football team. I'm not saying we got lucky to beat UH. We beat an undermanned football team. But think about this: Hawaii is probably the 2nd easiest team on our schedule, and we were down 10-0 at halftime. I'm not saying we shouldn't be happy with the win, just that it doesn't tell us much about how good our own team is. In fact, I think it tells us that we're really not that good at all.

holy crap- :scared2::scared2: I've become buffsyko

yes!!!!!!!!! Trust me, I'm not doing cartwheels and thinking we have 'popped". As soon as cu wins a game, they think everything is corrected and then they go out and get dominated.

I've had so little to enjoy with cu football over the last 4 years and 3 weeks that I needed to enjoy this win considering I thought they would lose,especially whatI saw at halftime.

It's a weird situation, Hawk and his bumbling boise boys need to be fired,yet you want cu to win and have some decent recruiting but what does a 6-6 season do? Not much.

The best scenario is that cu wins 8 games,wins a bowl and hawk resigns since cody is graduating.

Last edited:
Yes. Let's not get carried away.

Remember: the most essential thing is for Dan Hawkins to be fired. We shouldn't care about any of the players - especially those seniors who could be playing the last football of their lives. It's us, the fans, who are most important so it's super important to emphasis the negative, pick apart every coaching decision (especially those that work!!!!!!) and criticize, criticize, criticize.

The slightest positive should immediately be attacked and marginalized, categorized as the result of luck, crappy opponent or random kinetic convergence.

C'mon guys. You've all been out of control the last couple of days, acting as if we'd beaten a pedestrian Hawaii team and looked pretty suspect in doing it when you should have been screaming your assess off about successful two-point conversions, the fact that the Buffs only had two 100-yard rushers and the kicker did not hit a single field goal in the game.

(Just funnin' ya).

Remind me: who's gotten carried away?

Last edited:
Yes. Let's not get carried away.

Remember: the most essential thing is for Dan Hawkins to be fired. We shouldn't care about any of the players - especially those seniors who could be playing the last football of their lives and have never experienced a winning season at CU. It's us, the fans, who are most important so it's super important to emphasis the negative, pick apart every coaching decision (especially those that work!!!!!!) and criticize, criticize, criticize.

The slightest positive should immediately be attacked and marginalized, categorized as the result of luck, crappy opponent or random kinetic convergence.

C'mon guys. You've all been out of control the last couple of days, acting as if we'd beaten a pedestrian Hawaii team and looked pretty suspect in doing it when you should have been screaming your assess off about successful two-point conversions, the fact that the Buffs only had two 100-yard rushers and the kicker did not hit a single field goal in the game.

(Just funnin' ya).

Remind me: who's gotten carried away?

Great post. I added one more thought.

stoudt burrito.jpg

I don't want hawk here next year but don't want to lose Brock or any of the Mullen guys because of a horrible record. I think if we could win 6 games that would be enough for them to stay and still get hawk fired. Hopefully these guys take a look at CU as a school and and the whole college environment and not just the record at the end of the day a la Munchie. --- Bet he is kicking himself now for going to Cincy

I'm not getting carried away with a sloppy win over a WAC team but...

Here is something I saw on Saturday the I didn't see all last year: the buffs had mistakes and breaks not go their way in the first half and they fell behind on the scoreboard, but instead of folding like they did all last year (and last week at Cal), they showed some tenacity and grit and found a way to win anyway. The character they showed in overcoming the adversity they faced is something this team has lacked for a long while. Every team has breaks that don't go their way but the difference between the winners and the losers is the winners fight their way through the bad breaks and find a way to win anyway. UH did not screw up and give the game away, there was no "oops" F'ups by the warriors that had the victory land in the buff's lap. On Saturday, I saw the buffs go out take a win. They hit the field the second half, took over the game and forced the result they wanted despite all the things working against them.

This is different for this team. It is just a tiny baby step against another crappy team, but it does mark a movement in the right direction. We will see if this tiny flame of character grows into a blaze of confidence in the next 2-3 games.

I'm not getting carried away, but I saw a tiny glimps of something that could grow into a situation I could get carried away with.

Back