What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's say Boise State gets a shot at the NC against Bama

And I agree with you. But not every team can get in or be in the SEC, Pac-12 or Big Ten. So what's supposed to happen -- they just don't count? That's typically what DOES happen -- teams from smaller conferences that have a big year or go undefeated (Tulane in 1998 or 1999) and they only finish like 12th in the polls. Boise was in that spot too for a long time -- blame Oklahoma for letting them into the legit side of things.

And I agree with you. But not every team can get in or be in the SEC, Pac-12 or Big Ten. So what's supposed to happen -- they just don't count? That's typically what DOES happen -- teams from smaller conferences that have a big year or go undefeated (Tulane in 1998 or 1999) and they only finish like 12th in the polls. Boise was in that spot too for a long time -- blame Oklahoma for letting them into the legit side of things.

Sure, they end up counting, they just don't belong in the national championship discussion. As most Boise non-believers will agree, they're a fine, cute little team with their distinguished blue turf that's deserving of a ranking somewhere in the 10-20 range.

Sorry, as long as only 2 teams play for the mnc... Ya, they don't count.

Then blame the preseason polls that had them so high to begin with. If BSU doesn't have the respect it does, it starts off in the 15-20 range and never has a chance.

With a subjective system like we have, this is the downside. And I hope we somehow end up with Boise vs. TCU or something just to throw everything into chaos. The entire system is a joke and it doesn't warrant being taken seriously. I love college football, but we're at where we are now because of greed and corruption of the system. Don't fault Boise for figuring out a way to take advantage.

Then blame the preseason polls that had them so high to begin with. If BSU doesn't have the respect it does, it starts off in the 15-20 range and never has a chance.

With a subjective system like we have, this is the downside. And I hope we somehow end up with Boise vs. TCU or something just to throw everything into chaos. The entire system is a joke and it doesn't warrant being taken seriously. I love college football, but we're at where we are now because of greed and corruption of the system. Don't fault Boise for figuring out a way to take advantage.

I don't fault boise. I fault the voters. Boise just. isn't. national. championship. material. Thats not hating, that is fact.

Then we're in agreement. But when an entire sport is judged like Olympic ice skating, this stuff can happen.

I root against Boise every time they step on the field. The last 4 years of Hawk ball has left an awful taste in my mouth and to see Boise actually get better after Hawk left just pisses me off. Also, I used to think the blue field was cute, but it's awful to watch on tv when the team is wearing all blue. It's really irritating and I wish the NCAA (or ESPN) would at least make them wear white at home for the sake of tv viewers.

Hypothetical-
It the title game comes down to a choice between the 12-1 Longhorns or an undefeated Boise State squad facing off against and SEC or B10 champ, then I want to see the Broncos have their shot.

Any team that plays a conference schedule like Boise should not be included in any championship talk. Their schedule is a joke. VT and Oregon State are average at best. Maybe Nevada will be their best test. Nonetheless, that schedule is nothing like running through the SEC, PAC 10, Big 12 and Big 10. It is even easier than the freaking Big East!

Disclaimer: I am probably bias as I hate everything associated with Boise due to DH. I want him outta here and I don't ever want to hear the name Boise again or have it associated with our program in any way again.

Back