What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindgren to Oregon State

I think Chiv is going to get this chance to try and run the offense. I am not sure that it will be complete Air Raid, because I think that teams have caught up to that, but I would happy to see Chiv's version of the Air Raid, hopefully with a balance of the run game that he knows works here. Do we need to hope like crazy that Fontenot is a stud, and Lee and Evans can have magical senior seasons.

Moschetti would actually be a pretty good option at QB coach. He got in some hot water at his high school gig over something relatively minor IIRC. He would have solid CA HS connections and a good coaching experience.

I could remember how to spell it - it is probably too old of a joke.

I'm actually going to vote for:

Adam Bledsoe
LOL, it is Robert Hodge, but some hack wrote a lengthy piece purporting to analyze an upcoming Buff game and called Hodge "Donald" all the way through...obscure, to be sure.

rockit.gif

I really hope that if Chev gets the OC duties that he focuses on a run first offense. He can do spread offense, but run first spread offense. He should know very well that Colorado has historically been very good with a strong run game.

I really hope that if Chev gets the OC duties that he focuses on a run first offense. He can do spread offense, but run first spread offense. He should know very well that Colorado has historically been very good with a strong run game.
Wouldn't that completely ignore our 2018 personnel?

Not if you believe in complementary football.
Obviously you need to be able to run to setup other avenues, but if our option is handing the ball to Bish, Lee and Fontenot in front of a young and struggling o-line, versus having Montez get the ball out to Winfree, Shenault, and Ento- I know which route I am going with.

I certainly don't want to abandon the run completely, just play to our personnel strengths.

Good luck to lindgren, good for all involved.
Chiv as OC? No thanks, not ready.

Be smart MM and RG

It's really a great spot for Lindgren. Similar to Leavitt going to Oregon last year after the horrific season the Ducks had on defense, there's really nowhere to go but up for the Beaver offense. Lindgren is getting a promotion back to full OC at a P5 program and it's almost impossible for him not to look good in relative terms in 2018.

I started calling him Lingren...because he has been lingering at CU for a long time. I make myself laugh sometime.

Fun asside - I think Lingren would be better off as an offensive guy in the NFL. He has some massively nifty plays with the FBs and the OLs that disguise the option. His play designs caused alot of discussion in some circles as much as we all hated that QB power run ****. I also bet he is a pretty good interpersonal guy and coach who can interact with the heady players. He just doesn't have enough RAH RAH stuff and outward passion to deal with a whole college offense in my worhtless opinion.

Anyway - God Bless him. Looking forward to what is new at CU.

It's really a great spot for Lindgren. Similar to Leavitt going to Oregon last year after the horrific season the Ducks had on defense, there's really nowhere to go but up for the Beaver offense. Lindgren is getting a promotion back to full OC at a P5 program and it's almost impossible for him not to look good in relative terms in 2018.
I agree 100%, it seems he's gone as far as he can at CU and the Beavers can do nothing but improve. Mac seems like a professional guy and doesn't hamstring his coaches moving forward.

Back